1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA's 8th Birthday and event. Read more here.
  5. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Denied WeedT0aster - Israel/Palestine Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by WeedT0aster, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    PR:BF2 Name:
    WeedT0aster1
    Name:
    WeedT0aster
    Israel/Palestine
    Timezone:
    UTC+3
    Who are you?:
    I am WeedToaster, a LOYAL member in wicca's immigration center since 2015.
    What can you offer our Moderator team?:
    I am mostly active in Discord and Teamspeak, but mainly the forums, I remain calm and serious when it comes to being serious, I am a moderator in a game called Project Fury " not advertising btw", and an officer in a clan called PPAP in APB:Reloaded, so I have minimum required skills to deal with people as pleased, I will approach this responsibility in a very mature way, dealing with all the tasks as required and I believe I can do it with out any problems, I am very dedicated to this community, yes I had some bumps, up and downs, but this time it's different, I admit that before this I did some "not so mature things" but now that I see my self capable and that I changed, I believe I deserve a second chance, I will act as required in a mature and professional way, be more organized, positive and friendly.
    I have read the PRTA Forum Rules before signing up for Moderator. I agree with them and I promise to follow them under all circumstances.:
    Yes
    QUESTION 1) A user posts a spiderman image in an already derailed thread. How do you proceed?:
    If it's a first time, I will remind him that this thread is done with and only open for serious comments, if he kept spamming then I will delete the comments and give him a warning ( infraction ) same thing if he did it before in other posts.
    QUESTION 2) A user insults another user, e.g.: "Lol you fucking retard, XYZ. ABC's ideas are awesome". How do you proceed?:
    I will tell him to calm down, keep it friendly and that if he keeps his attitude like that towards anyone, I will remind him that he is breaking some important forums rules especially 1.4 and 4.2.1, and that some of his permission might get temporarily restricted, and remove his posts if necessary.
    QUESTION 3) A user starts to harass & insult you through a Private Message. How do you respond?:
    It's the same thing as insulting any other member, as a moderator, I won't see my self in a high position because I have the power, I am using this power to be fair and serve it in justifiable manner and not to abuse it, I will approach him in a calm way but keep it serious and professional, and tell him and if necessary warn him not to flame anyone and especially in Private messages.
    but most importantly to act as supposed and definitely gather all the evidence just in case and handle them to a higher in-rank moderator, but if they continue then I will take action as according to the rules.
    QUESTION 4) People come/return to our forums because they want to cause drama. What do you do?:
    Starting with a warning, gathering all evidence just in case and again handling them to other moderators especially higher in-rank, and prevent it from happening again, would approach him privately with a infraction statement to tell him not to do it again or his permissions and access will be restricted or in worst cases temporarily/permanently depending on the situation.
    QUESTION 5) You see how Lead/Senior Moderator break PRTA Forum Rules without any proper explanation (in order to achieve greater good). What do you do?:
    This is a definite go-to other senior/leaders, they have higher rank than me and I expect them to be an example for me and other staff for the better, and if they break the rules or abuse their powers for no reason/ with out explanations then they should be punished too.
    QUESTION 6) You disagree with the steps taken by Lead/Senior Moderator. What do you do?:
    First off I would always give my opinion, rather disagreeing or agreeing with them, and then explain why, but they are the leaders/seniors so it's expected from them to be making the correct calls.
    QUESTION 7) How did you proceed when you got involved into a bigger argument? What was the outcome of the argument?:
    I would always stay in the better position which is being calm and friendly, and try to cut unnecessary heat and try to stop the argument with out the need for any heat or actions, basically trying to stop the argument in a professional manner and in a friendly way.
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Woxbel likes this.
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Terry1
    Well, this is a strong application WeedT0aster seems you may change a few fok's minds here dude :wink:
    Woxbel and WeedT0aster like this.
  3. Offline
    TabZa TabZa pro rager

[​IMG]
    Moderator material.

EDIT: I get your point TabZa. However, admin space is a safe haven, in which admins share their strategies, actions and opinions. What happens in admin forum, stays in admin forum. So plz abstain from quoting words out of it in public domain. --- Tobi
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  4. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    So I am going to explain the whole situation from the beginning in my defence in the sake of what TabZa posted in my application, but first to note that there is no drama here nor any heat between me and any member of the mongols clan at least from my perspective. This incident and that particular comment happened back when I was an admin 7 MONTHS ago, I am not going to get into it and elaborate the whole situation, just the important events, basically the server was full so we had to clear up some space by removing AFK people. I was one of the few admins online and I did my job by kicking those AFKs. Apparently they were not afk. One of the AFKs being a mongol complained to management. I apologized and moved on , and after investigation it turns out I removed that guy without a warning even tho he didn't spawn for literally 10 minutes. after that incident I got all of my staff roles removed from me for a good period of time, basically until now, I admit that particular comment is not exactly in good taste however it was my opinion at the time. I definitely don't have that opinion now and seek no more of that in the future. but I already said that I did bad things and that I tried to cover them all by behaving and not make anymore issues and publicly saying it that I changed and I am not like that anymore, and Tabza I am sorry if that comment offended you til now, I don't adore it and don't walk by it, this isn't how I think towards you or your clan or anyone.
    Wicca, Temur, Woxbel and 2 others like this.
  5. Offline
    Temur Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata

Foxtrot Donor

Teacher / Charity Worker
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    WeedT0aster I'm afraid I'll have to deny your application. You seem to go in a cycle of acting out -> apologising -> claiming you've "changed" and "matured" -> acting out again -> apologising ad infinitum.

I've only ever seen glimpse evidence of you being mature and reasonable. I know you can do it when you want to do it, but most of the time you don't.

I can't take the risk. If I feel things change, though, I'll get in touch.

Temur
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018