1. Contact! - Sign ups open now! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PRTA Presents: Contact! A Project Reality Tournament. Read more here.
  3. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Too much asset dependance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoBOticRebel, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Offline
    Suchar

Suchar The Most Honorable Lead Mapper Operations PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    Your APC can be latted when being alone as well. Friendly INF around you makes it HARDED for enemy LAT, not the other way around. At the same time you can provide cover for friendly infantry.
    Isn't PR about teamwork after all?

RoBOticRebel, DogACTUAL and agus92 like this.
  2. Offline
    Inspect

Inspect Sysadmin IRL Event Attendee

Project Reality thrives for the highest level of milsim and kills don't matter in real life either.

DogACTUAL and Suchar like this.
  3. Offline
    Chuva_RD

Chuva_RD Guest Unit - KIA

This boasting of stereotypes about teamwork, milsim frame of mind, role of PRTA in life of individual remind me this picture. Especially on the background of denying that kills matter.

I never had such a round on PRTA after which I wanted to stand from a chair and salute everyone who were on server.

4. Offline
    Woxbel

Woxbel

Inspect I think you are one of the better admins in my personal opinion but in this thread you seem to miss the point on a few occasions.

Saying that if you only play INF maps you would get CSGO is a very big hyperbole I would say.

Than you go on to say how fob and other buildable deployable make the infantry powerful forgetting that you need actual supplies for that getting those while the other team has asset dominance is pretty rare.

But the biggest problem I have is with your remarks about Kashan this is why I chose to post as well.

I basically always play infantry so that’s the main perspective I am speaking from.

“So much this. Even as infantry, you have to change the style you play on different maps. Don't just run from bunker to bunker in Kashan, especially if there's tanks on the hilltops. Maybe try defending for once, because if you're in the bunker rooms, only the enemy infantry can take you out. “

“Yeah and if you hide on the defensive flag, tanks rarely do nothing. Assets usually don't cap flags, as it is not reasonable.”

I will give you that the second quote is more general and isn’t specifically about Kashan.

I think what you and others are missing is that it isn’t about winning or losing or at least not for me.

Ofc at the end of the day winning a though fought battle might add something extra to my enjoyment but it’s very little and that is only the case when it was a though battle.

And to be totally upfront I enjoy Kashan better on the losing team.

In my eyes this discussion also shouldn’t be about skill especially of specific people but also not really of the general public.

It should be about what is actually fun to play what actually gets you a nice experience.

So while I totally agree that sitting in one of those bunkers is probably the best thing you can do it seldom results in a rewarding or fun experience and it’s going to be the most fun when your team is losing so you get to fight.

And if everyone follows the logic of be a smart inf player and sits in those bunkers the map would take I am guessing at least 2 hours I am sorry but I have better uses of my time than just endlessly sitting in the bunker without anyone attacking it.

What often happens when you do this defend the bunker thing is you won’t see any real action the whole round your assets won. You get attacked over and over again don’t have any reinforcements or supplies your team lost the asset fight. And like Filamu said you can take half of the bunker away by just driving up the front with a tank or apc for that matter.

I prefer the second since that means you get to be in this last desperate standoff which you can prolong to a certain extent but without supplies or reinforcement you will lose that eventually.

And before you say you should try it sometime this is basically the main thing I have always done on Kashan if I don’t alt+f4 and these days it seldom happen I don’t alt f4 if Kashan loads up.

since the second quote was more general can you please explain to me where I should hide on the lake flag in silent eagle when the other team assets won the fight ?

A second point you don’t seem to take into account in this is that even if the tanks couldn’t do anything to the hiding players for example on the bunkers in Kashan those tanks being there and forcing you into hiding basically makes you sitting ducks for any enemy infantry that comes by. You can’t get reinforcements you can’t get supplies.

For me personally this puts Kashan firmly in the unplayable list meaning I most times will switch server or quit the game because of it.

And I am currently not even saying don’t play it at all(even though that is mostly my opinion) but at least take the point seriously and don’t do it away with discussions about people having not enough skill or saying they are sore losers or making the remark that there is always someone complaining.

I do however agree that it currently isn’t as big a problem on PRTA compared to how it has been in the past and I still am of the opinion that the INS/AAS vote is the bigger problem at the moment.

Camel, Hayal_Israeli, agus92 and 4 others like this.
  5. Offline
    RoBOticRebel

RoBOticRebel Lazy bastard Foxtrot

Doing nothing
    WHY the fuck did i bother to make this thread...?
    I say- "balance teams"
    Response-"get good scrub"
    I say- "need different maps"
    Response-"get good scrub"

agus92 and Suchar like this.
  6. Offline
    RoBOticRebel

Doing nothing
    EXACTLY FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

7. Offline
    Hunter291

Hunter291 AREA 94 Guest Unit - GC

I think you need to calm down. and get gud :biggrin:

8. Offline
    DogACTUAL

DogACTUAL PRTA

A little offtopic, but niko, i understand your sentiment that AA should kill CAS attacking it. But the reality is regardless of how good the AA missile is, even if a launched missile would be a guarenteed kill, a good CAS that knows the exact location of the AA will almost always be able to kill it first before it can even aim at the CAS and fire.

Just put a marker on it or look for landmarks for reference when coming in and fire some rockets/gun at it the moment you see it, in almost all cases the AA will not even be able to spot you before you kill it. Especially true if this is done with a vertical dive on the target, as most AAs don't even have enough elevation to aim straight up (emplacements, some of the AAA cannons and AAVs) and therefore have no chance at even engaging you while diving on them.

Obviously the AA system right now is broken, but fuck i would even prefer if they remove the bug where you can survive missiles hitting the top of your jet from the front, even though it would take away the last real option to defeat an incoming missile. Because it just feels stupid having to fly towards an AA missile to defeat it.

I'd much rather have a system where AA has a high chance to kill low flying aircraft or aircraft that is flying towards the AA and a relatively low chance to kill aircraft flying far away and flying awayy from the AA. Makes the most sense and seems fair to all parties involved.

RoBOticRebel and filamu like this.
  9. Offline
    WeedT0aster

WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB Senior Tester PR:BF2 Administrator Guest Unit - THOT

Environmental sciences and biology 5th unit
    RoBOticRebel So your issue is with the admins, and the management for not balancing the teams when there is an obvious unbalance going on? and to choose uncommon maps after two or three rounds of "famous/common" maps?

10. Offline
    ameen

ameen

Mongol carry us all

11. Offline
    fecht_niko

fecht_niko POV Leader IRL Task Force Foxtrot

No Bongols carry C4

GLORYWINGS likes this.
  12. Offline
    Danesh_italiano

Danesh_italiano

Blame devs for changing armor damage system.... Right now is more "realistic" but more "op" against inf....
    Good time when you could destroy a tank with tow on the front side without that shit "seeker" stuff....

More they change the game to be more realistic, "less" cool to play it.

Back to 0.98, assets maps like kashan was with more assets than today i think... and servers limited to 64 players.

Ahh, or course, those days 80% of the players cant hit vehicles with LAT on the city. Like, everyday when i join middle round and i see enemy apc raping INF on a INF map (muttrah?!), i usually kill those apcs in minutes....

#Revert_PR_to_1.3.9

Hunter291 likes this.
  13. Offline
    RoBOticRebel

Doing nothing
    sortof, yes especially the second part
    we dont need to play burning sands or sareema every day

Suchar likes this.
  14. Offline
    WeedT0aster

WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB Senior Tester PR:BF2 Administrator Guest Unit - THOT

Then in my opinion I can ask you what is your understanding to "Balanced teams" that make it fair for both teams? for example is it the total K/D ratio or how the team communicate or what? and I believe the reason why the admins are choosing these famous/common maps is because first of all they are fun to play, second is they keep the server alive, for example players would rather play sareema instead of charlies point, and it's a fact, if not then feel free to change my mind.

15. Offline
    Hunter291

Hunter291 AREA 94 Guest Unit - GC

Steven Crowder here^

16. Offline
    RoBOticRebel

Doing nothing
    if the end round result is less that 100 tickets of advantage then the teams were balanced
    you cant have perfectly balanced teams ofcourse but having communications on both teams is a good start
    as for maps...
    the server isnt going to die if we run charlies point instead of burning sands every once in a while
    and for infantry burning sands is 80% of the time ANYTHING BUT fun and kashan desert in 95% of the time ANYTHING BUT fun for infantry
    and at the end of the day infantry is the majority of this game's playerbase, yet every day we play maps that are NOT fun for the majority of this game's playerbase

"BUT THE PLAYERBASE VOTED FOR IT"
    when the choice is for example "kashan desert, grozny or ulyanovsk" the asset whores will unanimously vote for kashan desert while infantry is devided between grozny and ulyanovsk and thats how the minority wins in a democracy

filamu likes this.
  17. Offline
    fecht_niko

fecht_niko POV Leader IRL Task Force Foxtrot

Kashan being shit for INF is obvious but most other maps allow INF to have the biggest impact, especially after AA randomness killing more CAS.

But Ive seen you playing yesterday on Falcon and oh boy that was poor gameplay, just moving with 8 sheeps towards the next flag being lucky that my squad wiped everything around you :biggrin:

18. Offline
    Buttermilch25

Buttermilch25 Foxtrot Donor

[​IMG]

19. Offline
    WeedT0aster

I have no idea about server not dying when you put rarely played maps, they are rarely played for a reason!

20. Offline
    K-Massive

K-Massive The Great Khan PR:BF2 Trial Administrator IRL Event Attendee

The problem is when random pubbies play infantry, they dont build FOB's which causes the steamrolls.

When you play infantry you gotta get in the state of mind that: If I dont do it, no one will