1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Syria about to be bombed?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wicca, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Offline
    karambiatos

karambiatos

PFFFT no...

2. Offline
    soldguide

soldguide

Pro Triathlete /
    latest poll in the US says only 9% of the population agrees on even performing any strikes in syria

3. Offline
    Jevski

Jevski Rocket Scientist

Photographer
    Its not the money that is the problem

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/09/05/322209/kerry-arabs-offer-to-pay-for-syria-war/

Before the conflict began Assad was a dictator, and did keep his different radical groups in line through out the country.

As the conflict broke out a all these groups started a powergrap. I think the reason the west is reluctant to attack is that who are we putting in power instead? There are so many different groups, of which many are terror groups. So damn if you do, damn if you dont.

Im sad to say, but I dont think some arab countries are ready for a democracy. They have a different mind set.

4. Offline
    Sloan

Sloan Proper planning prevents piss poor performance. Technical Dept. Head Sysadmin Lead Coder

PR:BF2 Name:
    Sloan[EEF]
    But they don't. They have the right mindset. They are willing to risk their lives for their neighbours, there isn't really a better mindset for a democratic society. The problem is that we screwed up after the end of WWII, and made really bad choices about how to divide people up into countries.

Tanith2432 and Ban.13 like this.
  5. Offline
    OReely

OReely

6. Offline
    Danger_6

Danger_6 Platoon Member PR Boomers 3dAC

Financial audit
    [PR]PDI|Danger_6
    Very nice article OReely.

My cousin works for the guardian btw :smile:

Phoenix likes this.
  7. Offline
    OReely

OReely

Get me an internship and i will be your servant for next 4 years.

Phoenix and Wicca like this.
  8. Offline
    OReely

OReely

So

Months after we discuss the possibility of an intervention in Syria, here's what happened:

- Putin outmaneuvers everyone diplomatically and reaches a deal with the US about Syria on solving the issue peacefully. Therefore saving both his and Obama's ass from dealing Syria in a dirty way.

- They reach a deal about removing Assad's chemical weapons to which Assad agrees. (And even gets praise from the US! http://www.voanews.com/content/kerr...ce-with-chemical-weapons-removal/1764233.html Politics is strange innit?)

- Assad and Hezbollah are heavily crushing the rebels by large scale operations meanwhile Turkey, the biggest arms supplier of the rebels, is finally taking a step back from Syria since it has seen that its policy was full of fallacies and was failing utterly.

- Iran's newly elected president and his Foreign Minister have achieved to increase Iran's popularity and eagerness to negotiate with the West for a nuclear deal. And they have managed to broker a historic deal couple of days ago. http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/lines-game-nuclear-deal-turning-point-region Politics is strange innit?)

- Gulf remains the only active supporter of the rather declining Rebels in Syria while EU and especially Britain have shut up shop regarding the Syrian crisis.

- Kurds in Syria (PYD) have declared themselves as autonomous whereas they keep fighting Al Qaeda and its affiliates to protect the area they control in result of an agreement with regime forces early in the conflict.

Where do you think are we on this?

I will only quote Bismarck again, since i have told everything i think when we were discussing here.

"Only constant in foreign policy is the geography"

9. Offline
    Phoenix

Phoenix I'm why you have a death

Phoenix
    OReely, Benjamin isnt too Happy about the deal. Have u seen the accusations of Israel behind the JFK assassination on Press TV ?

10. Offline
    OReely

OReely

I am seeing those accusations for years and i can assure you that, with a little bit of reading on american domestic/global politics during the 20th century you can figure out those claims are false and dont reflect the true reasons behind the assassination.

Other thing

I have never seen or heard Netanyahu being happy or at least not being negative about something that is related to peace, consensus or rapprochement.

11. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA Games Dept. Head PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    I really hope the kurds get their own place. They have been without country for a long time, and Israel was created for the jews to return. There needs to be a similar will in the UN for the kurds IMO.

12. Offline
    OReely

OReely

Great logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA Games Dept. Head PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Hey, i know alot of kurds in Norway who are like. "If we had our own country, it would be so great. We could live there". And they wouldnt live in Norway yaaay. inb4lock for racism.

14. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity'

Junior Data Analyst
    Well, imo israel was created for the jews just because NO ONE wanted them. The existence of Israel is the biggest anti-semitism since the holocaust. I dont trust the UN in Nation-Building (again look at Israel and the issues there) and do you really think the kurds would leave Norway, if they had their own country? We have millions of Turks in germany and they have their own country... . People live in Europe because Europe is rich as hell. Some of them would leave maybe but the majority will stay here...I wouldn't leave if i would be one of them.

15. Offline
    OReely

OReely

Hey

I didnt completely oppose to what you said. I just found it ironic since we (at least i) know very well about the foundation of the Israeli state and the problems it had since the beginning. They way Israeli state created was not very peaceful and just, therefore i just lolled at the idea of kurds having a same type of development.

Anyway this is not the place to talk about Israel or Palestine. That deserves another topic, or maybe a forum.

16. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Maybe it deserves its own seperate website, inside PRTA. Just to ensure they have a place to live... Huehuehue :biggrin:

17. Offline
    OReely

OReely

The problem with the PYD announcement about declaration of autonomy is that it is null and void. It doesnt have any value since its not a declaration of independence.

Difference is that if a community is about to declare autonomy, this has to be done in accordance with the ruling government. I mean if they would declare an independent state (which they cant for obvious reasons) that would make sense but you simply cant declare AUTONOMY (share of power with the central regime) on your own.

18. Offline
    iRule

iRule

PRTA Politics - Where Amazing Happens!

19. Offline
    Commie

Commie

CommunistCommissar
    [​IMG]

20. Offline
    Grober