1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Suggestion Soloing SPG-teckie

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by Dante, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Offline

PRTA Donor

PR:BF2 Name:
    Uncle_Dante
    While playing on Sbeneh INS today i was told by admin not to solo the spg teckie.

Asking why i couldnt, the (unknown)admin referred to rule 3.4: "All vehicles must be manned by competent personnel."
    By this logic, claiming that I am a player with a lesser lever of experience and competence, very few players on the server will ever be allowed to crew any vehicles.

After questing how 3.4 had anything to do with soloing spg, the admin kept refering to the same rule before changing its mind to referring to rule 3.5, which is somewhat more relevant.

I would like to ask PRTA about your stance on soloing SPG teckies since this is one of the very few, if not only time, ive been told not to.
    Given that the player soloing the spg teckie fulfills rule 3.4, I will be of the opinion that he can be just as if not more effective with it than the two players that have to use it together.
  2. Offline

ArkUTD
    This was the rule i was referring to, i'm sorry that i was quoting the wrong rule to begin with. A SPG must have a Driver and Gunner at all times.
    K_Rivers and Hayal_Israeli like this.
  3. Offline
    Hayal_Israeli Hayal_Israeli Alone is better than in bad company

המפקד בשריון יבן זונה
    Hayal_Israeli
    All the vehicles need to be manned by minum of personal needed, if the vehicle has a gun, then it needs a drive and a gunner. Its not that effective to go solo with the vehicle and park somewhere, starting from the load gun time.
  4. Offline

PRTA Donor

Uncle_Dante
    Most time when i use spg and solo it i rack up a whole lot more kills than other spg crews can do with driver and gunner.
    And its not just me, having only yourself to cooperate with when using spg teckie makes it easier to be effective with it.
    So the "effectiveness" argument dosent quite work here.
  5. Offline

ArkUTD
    I point you to this
  6. Offline
    Heskey Heskey Den Mother

Foxtrot

Emergency Services
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Heskey
    Heskey
    Effectiveness maybe not, teamwork, absolutely - I'm sure you appreciate Dante that PR is about the teamwork, not your killstreak?
    K_Rivers, clayton, Faul and 2 others like this.
  7. Offline

המפקד בשריון יבן זונה
    Hayal_Israeli
    Heskey is right. This argument its like if you tell me something like "Im more efective with a sniper, playing alone" its not about kills, its about teamwork. Kills doesnt mean skills!
    ArkUTD and Heskey like this.
  8. Offline

PRTA Donor

Uncle_Dante
    Well you know how i play the game, competitively with the aim to win the round. Kills are tickets.
  9. Offline

ArkUTD
    Sure, but doing what you where doing, SOLOING an spg, is against the rules no matter how you spin it, please keep in mind next time you take any asset out that it must be properly maned.

This game is about teamwork, no how good you are alone, if you wish to be like that, then you should go back to COD or BF1, but here in PR, TEAMWORK is the key to winning anything.
    K_Rivers, Heskey and Hayal_Israeli like this.
  10. Offline

Foxtrot

MoeTheHobo
    You'd probaly get an even more insaner kill streak if you had a driver with you
    Hayal_Israeli likes this.
  11. Offline
    Glow Glow Intelligence is chasing me, but I'm faster

Foxtrot

G1ow
    This argument boggles my mind tho. How is killing the other team not considered helping your own team?
    Rules are rules but please don't use the "le teamwork is more important than ur killstreak XD" argument.
    What better way to help your team than to make sure the other team loses with minimal sacrifices from your own team?

EDIT: SPG techie/AA gameplay involves parking it in 1 place and camping with it with the occasional change of position, dunno why you'd need 2 people for that
    Dante and Taavitiivi1 like this.
  12. Offline

ArkUTD
    I don't make the rules glow, only enforce them
  13. Offline
    Glow Glow Intelligence is chasing me, but I'm faster

Foxtrot

G1ow
    Of course, I can't and don't blame you for doing your job.
    ArkUTD likes this.
  14. Offline

ArkUTD
    Tho, let it be known that you can have some really fun moments as a SPG crew, running away from sticky situations. Its move fun together then alone, because you can find new ways of doing things. Very cool in my mind
  15. Offline

המפקד בשריון יבן זונה
    Hayal_Israeli
    As ArkUTD said, this is not COD where the only objective is to kill.
    On Project Reality, as its name tells, where playing a MILSIM, and our rules are to get as closer as possible to this pseudo-military virtual experience, in this case you dont do that much in favour for thr game experience if you are just focusing on killing the enemy. I do know that everyone plays it as a MILSIM, but that doesnt means that its right.
    In PRTA as also the name tells, we are looking for the highes level of teamwork possible, and from my humble point of view, soloing an SPG, isnt teamwork, its just egocentric tactic to get kills and kills, may this help the team? Sure, may this help the game experience that the game is made for and the teamwork level we expect in PRTA? No.
    K_Rivers and Faul like this.
  16. Offline

Faul
    that logic could work on Call Of Duty, its about having fun as a team , playing as a spg squad makes the whole squad enjoys game instead of you only.
    K_Rivers and Hayal_Israeli like this.
  17. Offline
    Heskey Heskey Den Mother

Foxtrot

Emergency Services
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Heskey
    Heskey
    I've no objections to soloing AA or SPGs in theory but if it's against the rules then them's the brakes. By all means, lobby for a change in the rules.

Yes killing the enemy is part of the wider meta in costing the enemy a single ticket loss here and there, but that's counter productive if you have 2 eyes and ears instead of 4, fail to see/hear a target, fail to drive away from the shot and cost the team your own ticket and that of the vehicle that you were too preoccupied to move?
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    K_Rivers, Blaze., Faul and 1 other person like this.
  18. Offline

PRTA Donor

Uncle_Dante
    I went here to discuss whether or not PRTA could see these rules being obsolete and if there was any room for changes. So there is not point to just repeat the rules to me, i can and i do read them myself every now and then.

I think you are getting a bit confused with the teamwork-mantra. Ofcourse teamwork is good for everyone to be involved and for the game to just be better.

But you see teamwork as something too static.

While soloing spg, the would-be driver for my spg is now somewhere else on the map gathering intel about targets for the spg. Possibly even carrying an AT kit himself so he can be useful as well and not just a slab of meat in the driverseat. Not to mention the teamwork when i use mumble and SQL CH to its full extent for intel.

But teamwork isnt the only thing the game is about, its about winning too!
    (I think there is actually some kind of point-reward system for killing enemies and winning rounds in the game, not too sure.)
    So yes, there is definately a reason to bring effectiveness into the equation here.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2017 ---
    Oh and btw, move thread to PR:BF2 Discussion forumsection please. I dont visit the forums alot.
  19. Offline

ArkUTD
    You actually asked on our 'stance' on soloing a spg, you got your answer, not if it could be changed
    Heskey likes this.
  20. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PRTA

Arnoldio
    There was 2 Foxtrot? players that I joined and they were both soloing an SPG while I soloed the AA truck on Sbeneh INS, and they were pretty effective, more than I expected.

Sure, fully crewing it is more efficient, but then again it doesn't require a crewman kit, nor does the AA Ural. These things are just movable equipment every ape can use, hence it is widely used in the middle east.

I am all for realism and teamwork, but a lone guy driving somewhere and setting an ambush with the SPG is a totally realistic scenarion in my mind.
    Glow and Heskey like this.