1. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Sahel Vietnam event feedback

Discussion in 'Events, Battles & Training' started by LiPOTO, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Offline
    LiPOTO

LiPOTO You're a griefer, Harry. Events Senior Tester PR:BF2 Seeder Seamen

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. Offline
    Daniel

Daniel Mapper Guest Unit - THOT

balance assets better

LiPOTO likes this.
  3. Offline
    CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY Events PR:BF2 Administrator IRL Task Force Media Team AREA 94

A lot of open terrain which makes tanks very strong, so obvious win there for NVA
    CAS was pretty much useless. Remove AAV
    US need another chopper for proper logistics, the "logis" are way too slow.

maxpawer and LiPOTO like this.
  4. Offline
    qs-racer

qs-racer PRTA

PR:BF2 Name:
    qs-racer
    This layout is interesting, iron sigth on this map is fun.
    For balance, yes, maybe 2 much armor for NVA, remove 1 of them. As well as US LAT is not very powerfull, it is almost impossible to destroy tank for infantry. Only HAT is working well.

LiPOTO likes this.
  5. Offline
    VTRaptor

VTRaptor (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

-It takes 2 lats to kill the PT-76. Each Rifleman AT get's two tubes. (tank after getting hit once will usually shit himself and waste alot of time RTBing)
    -There's also a pretty good HAT with 2 shots.
    -M48 is much better than PT-76 and had low respawn time. Its crew was simply outplayed. Patton could easily pick off NVA "tanks" with its lower reload time and better armor. Only advantage of PT-76 is commander sight, not much of advantage, if gunner on M48 isn't a mong.
    -US team didn't utilise mortars, though they could.
    -US could do human wave tactics, as they didn't have tickets.
    -And player-wise, NVA team was better.

Yes, NVA was better asset wise, but overall quality of US side was severely lacking. I'd expect NVA to win anyway, but this was way too smooth.

LiPOTO likes this.
  6. Offline
    CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY Events PR:BF2 Administrator IRL Task Force Media Team AREA 94

Agreed forgot to mention that. US sucked balls. Balancing needs to be done better next time.

7. Offline
    LiPOTO

CAS_ual_TY I could have balanced it better had you told me you were coming in the conversation you were invited to. We needed a logistics squad and only 2 volunteers from La-9 were doing it.
    Otherwise I don't think the US team was as bad as you guys make it out to be, it was just that we didn't have enough fobs for a long time after the start and it had long term consequences.

8. Offline
    BubblyNinja

BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚 Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Media Team IRL Event Attendee Guest Unit - THOT

imho US INF would have been much more effective if assets were balanced. Once US tanks were out of the way, NVA armor just splashed the cache location pretty much nullifying any strong inf vs. inf defense.

-US armor got somewhat outplayed. Though, the M48 (when it actually could see us) took us out in two shots to the front in less than 10 seconds. In regard to armor 2 M48s would have been good vs the 3 PT-76s. The Zippo tank was a big meme and I think the only legit kills it got was from the .50cal turret?

-The OH-6 CAS was next to useless besides buzzing over and spotting NVA armor or fobs. Really the only good thing they did was boost the Vietnam immersion which was nice. With the NVA having the ZSU-57 it would have been more balanced to give 1-2 CAS Hueys rather than OH-6s or a combination of the two.

LiPOTO and agus92 like this.
  9. Offline
    [ODG]Rabbit032

[ODG]Rabbit032 Allahu Dickbutt!

lol, the fuck is with this GPO? 2 NVA tanks for 1 good US tank and 1 "why fucking bother" tank? You actually gave the NVA AA on the map too? Sweet jesus.

10. Offline
    agus92

agus92 Resident Moderator PR:BF2 Seeder 9ª Compañía de Infantería

not 2, 3 NVA tanks xD

11. Offline
    LiPOTO

Thanks agus, I think I get it... :biggrin:

agus92 likes this.
  12. Offline
    Camel

Camel Community Dept. 9ª Compañía de Infantería Donor

So, this is a summary of what we in La-9 discussed about the event:

Positive:
    • Events are fun. Thanks for bothering to organize this for us, LiPOTO and ALADE3N
    • Events are fun. Please do more of them
    • Events are fun. They have a different, better flavor and we like that... even if we lose
    • Iron sights make the battle more intense and fun. More of this.
    • Immersive things like those useless LOACHES are, yes, useless, but fun
    • We see gameplay value in seeking fun battles, rather than try-hard approaches that focus only on winning
    • It's cool to play in custom or rarely played maps. We liked the map in Alaska that VTRaptor brought to us
    To improve:
    • Assets were not very well thought out. We prefer INF based gameplay, because it is more difficult to have one-sided matches in INF based matches and it's way easier to try comebacks. When assets dominate, it's not so much fun. Adding a APC or two to spice things up is fine, but heavy assets. with such a low respawn times, and no TOWs... spare us the PTSD, pleeease :biggrin:
    • Logistics were severely broken for US and it had a huge impact. Those track vehicles were way too slow and an easy target for ANYTHING. We couldn't even get near the fight, which resulted in no FOBs to support defense, only in the outskirts. It sucked balls that Termito and me had to sacrifice ourselves to dedicate to build FOBs the whole round so that the whole event didnt end in a breath. We deserve the purple hear for that
    • The caches were too close to each other, so since we lost control of the middle of map due to not being able to have FOBs, and when the NVA took a cache, it all kind of snow-balled quickly because we couldn't even get near the next cache in time
    Coordination issues:
    • Maybe have teams stay in their bases for 5-10 min so that we can see who is in which team, we get to do some fine-tuning for balance, and even some briefing and coordination of squads can be done before starting. The match went live kind of abruptly/quickly
    • In case of INS, maybe allow some time for OPFOR to build FOBs/defenses
    • Officer radio not working was kind of a mess, but we understand it was a tech problem
    Balance:
    • Unbalanced matches are more boring for everyone: extra attention needed to balance assets and teams
    • By the way, so many of you say now that you saw clearly that balance asset/skill wise was broken and yet you said nothing while the event was being discussed/planned AND played in the stronger team. Maybe man up next time and support the weaker team? It would be great if you gave your input BEFORE the actual match
    • Talking about balance, maybe 1stSA didn't have their greatest day, but I think that nevertheless it is fun to bring along these newer clans so that they get to taste what a proper event is. This means that for balancing, quality rather than quantity of players need to be taken into account
    • If armor/CAS are going to be present (we prefer they are not), players doing armor in each team need to be carefully balanced. US had random dudes doing assets and it contributed to the snow-ball effect
    All in all, we definitely understand the headache and difficulty of organizing events of this scale, so we are thankful that someone did all that work for our fun sake. Hopefully, it was the first of many more events to come and we believe that with good feedback, we can all eventually end up with events that are a lot of fun for everyone

LiPOTO and agus92 like this.
  13. Offline
    LiPOTO

^

I didn't even notice this, all comms were fine for me?

This was the reason I wanted people to join at least 15 minutes before the event, so that we could switch people during the skirmish before the actual match and then start it. We can have staging times next time if you want, let the defenders prepare some defences and give the attackers a time to organize. Honestly though I think it's more complicated than practical, we can try it out though.

See, I thought they were actually well thought out but they weren't :biggrin:. I apologize for that, but it was a lesson learned and to talk about it now is almost a waste of time at this point.
    Yes, in retrospect giving NVA 3 tanks and one AAV against basically one tank and handheld anti-tank kits might seem unreasonable, but I honestly thought the US HAT/LAT kits could actually just make the armor at least RTB if not completely destroy it - after all they are insurgents, they should be able to sneak up to the tanks and hit them at least once. Sadly, the US hat kit was apparently not doing his job very well either.
    Yes, I think if the US tanks had a dedicated crew it would have been more balanced - however, nobody was interested, I couldn't find a squad leader for US tank squad until a few hours before the event, NVA tanks were claimed like a couple of weeks before the event by THOT so that wasn't an issue.

I'm not giving up completely on assets Camel but there will definitely be less next time, hopefully we can even play this map again some time because apart from the balance I think it was really enjoyable, people had a great time up to the point of the NVA armour assaults. Expect more assets in future events, but this time I think I have some clue on how to balance them
    (though I thought I had a clue before, too).

agus92 and Termito like this.
  14. Offline
    ALADE3N

ALADE3N PUNYETA Mapper Tester

I'm just a pawn here , all the efforts are from Lipoti