1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Contact! - The first campaign Battle! Read more here.

Trial Rooky_Ghost - Perú. - EU Server Administrator

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Rooky_Ghost, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Offline
    Rooky_Ghost Rooky_Ghost Bishop of Niceness

PR:BF2 Trial Administrator

Freeloader.
    Discord:
    Rooky_Ghost#4365
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Rooky_Ghost
    Rooky_Ghost
    PR:BF2 CD Hash Key:
    91ad3621d042983886514d0c127a5d86
    Perú.
    Timezone:
    GMT-5
    Referee:
    wat dis
    (1) Tell us about yourself:
    Just your average PR player, that gets angry when rolled over by friendlies but tries his best to keep the overall gameplay wholesome. A healslut in game, and a lurker in the forums, university student and hunting aficionado. I like French fries a lot and hate Tuna with all my soul. I'm also a weeaboo but will get angry if you call me "otaku". Asuka a shit, Rei best girl.
    (2) Do you have any previous PR Administrative experience:
    I do, I was a lite admin when WRNA was still around, and boy I miss the (very small) community we made. I actually made a lot of executive mistakes and learnt from them. I also got a bit more involved in the PR scene and got help from some admins in other servers.
    (3) Why would you be a good PR Administrator:
    I've played PR for three years, and know the mechanics quite well, and also a fair bit of players, good, bad, and WeedT0aster. I'm confident that I will be neutral when time for choices comes and I'm to be expected at European night and early morning, helping fulfill the lack of admins around those times, and coping with the influx of american players.
    (4) What qualities make a bad PR Administrator:
    Not enjoying the game is something I've seen turn cheerful players into grumpy old men. Not being a player before an admins leads to stone cold admins, and that distances them from the players and may affect in the judging of whatever the circumstances are. I'd say prejudice too, but actually, not having an idea of who is who may lead to apparent fair judgement that is in reality harmful.
    (5) What is your preferred role in a round of PR:
    Healslut class OP.
    (6) If you could change our ruleset in any way, what would you change:
    If I said none you'd know I lied. I'd make the 3.9 more clear, because it sometimes is hard to remember which assets have a gun that's larger than 14.7mm, and I would define what abusing the report function is (1.4)
    But hey, not my server.
    (1) Someone is throwing smokes at main:
    Speak to them on local, make sure they understand that's not allowed and tell them to desist. If they don't, and there's not a reason (usually there's none, but sometimes there is a person shooting into main and that should be taken into consideration), I'd warn them. Flinging them off main. would be my last choice before a kick, if the intent to disrupt gameplay is evident.
    (2) You get a report of an enemy HAT camping DoD:
    I'd ask the friendlies if they've seen it too. In case it is confirmed a HAT (or whatever) really is camping DoD, and there were no victims, I'd shout a warning. in case the HAT had actually killed someone, I'd switch myself quietly, check who it was, and !kill the HAT after the warning.
    (3) You see another administrator abusing their powers:
    I'd ask them if they weren't being a bit too harsh, in-game, over mumble. Perhaps the fellow admin is flinging that guy a gorillion times because he's his brother, and they both can confirm. Or he could be switcching himself over and over to invesigate and not to ghost.
    Basically, I'd make sure the admin is actually abusing power and then avoid both confrontation and association, to keep a somewhat good image.
    I'd reach out to a senior admin ASAP and comment what is going on. Probably Bubbly as well, his advice is always wise.
    (4) A player joins the Admin TeamSpeak channel and angrily demands they be unbanned:
    As Terry once said: "Please sign up at prteamwork.com and make a ban appeal regarding your server ban, your appeal may be decided in upto 7 days time. Please be patient while the senor admin team on prta review your ban and decide to uphold it"
    Turn their voice volume down a lot, so I can still hear if there's something to be heard, tell them teamspeak is not the correct channel, and if they don't understand that, mute them and repeat it,
    Do you agree with the Declarations:
    Yes
    (1) Is there anything else you would like to add:
    I'd rather be a lite admin than a full admin, because my goal is simply to enhance the gameplay quality of those who play with me, while staying as a regular player. Also Merry Christmas if you read this on Christmas.
    (2) Tell us a joke:
    Viirusiiseli.
    filamu and Terrry like this.
  2. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

Senior Tester PR:BF2 Seeder BGB - Grunt Guest Unit - THOT

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedTOaster1
    ```I'd rather be a lite admin than a full admin```
    join the seeding team instead, they get the same admin powers that you got on WRNA.
    Rooky_Ghost, agus92 and Jaden12 like this.
  3. Offline
    Jaden12 Jaden12 Leader of the most unprofessional unit in PRTA

PR:BF2 Administrator PR:BF2 Seeder Elite Infiltration Force BGB - Grunt

jaden12
    what he said ^^
  4. Offline

Freeloader.
    Discord:
    Rooky_Ghost#4365
    Rooky_Ghost
    Makes a lot of sense, however, I can't really help to seed at European times.
  5. Offline

Community Dept. 9ª Compañía de Infantería

Teacher
    Cptn|CameI
    Rooky_Ghost, I'm sorry for bringing this up, but this affects your eligibility as potential admin and it will always haunt you:

You are banned in Veteran Coop server. Can you explain why is that and how it doesn't mean that you would be unfit for being given responsibility?
  6. Offline

Freeloader.
    Discord:
    Rooky_Ghost#4365
    Rooky_Ghost
    Ah, yes.
    On my 18th birthday I was home alone and played PR a bit tipsy and made two good friends.
    There was this griefer we strongly disapproved of, shooting helos in the carrier, and we started killing him wherever he might've been until an admin showed up and was actually quite chill. We talked to him and the guy got I don't remember if kicked or warned but then we started throwing nades on carrier for lulz. Mine actually landed bass and teamkilled my two squaddies and the admin, and truth be said he had actually warned me he would have to temp ban me (or anyone) if we tkd any more. But that was a temporary ban, the real ban came when I made an appeal in the forums and worded it a bit ambiguously, leading to a mute.
    Didn't know I was still banned though, I played there a couple weeks ago.
    It doesn't mean that I can't be given responsibility because although it was an unhappy accident, it was all in good faith. Taking care of an issue that threatened everybody else's gameplay, dropping the issue when the authority arrived and it was taken care of, and even the nading for lulz.
    I would blame the bad nade on myself being a bit more intoxicated than I had estimated, and a click that was too short.
    I'd say that the fact that it hasn't happened neither on PRTA or anywhere else again, even though I've played during my 19th birthday, and that more than a year has passed should be a reasonable indicator of my commitment to the gameplay quality and the wholesomeness of the community.
    Thanks for taking the time to review my application.
    Wicca, WeedT0aster and Camel like this.
  7. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator BGB - Grunt Guest Unit - THOT

Terry1
    Rooky_Ghost
    Thanks for applying,

You have been accepted to become a trial admin for one month, which may be removed or your rank may be increased pending your actions as a trial admin with no prior notice.

I will send you all the relevant information shortly, and you should receive your permissions within the server shortly, however this depends on when our sys-admins can input the relevant information. You can help shorten this by putting your PR hash into your contact details (click your name top right, contact details, prbf2 cdhash)

There will be a few things to sign which I will send across to you in a moment.
    Also, as a further note, while it is highly useful for admins to be active within the community, i'd advise against shitposting on old topics from months ago as the notifications are quite annoying!

Thanks again, see you in the server and on the discord.
    Rooky_Ghost, WeedT0aster and agus92 like this.
  8. Offline

Resident Moderator RIF - Reserves 9ª Compañía de Infantería

Sgto|agus92
    Rooky_Ghost, the forum's necromancer.
    Rooky_Ghost likes this.
  9. Offline

BGB - Grunt AREA 94 Donor

Squad Name:
    jybbe
    jybbe

More like forum's new Pinkpantherr
  10. Offline

Freeloader.
    Discord:
    Rooky_Ghost#4365
    Rooky_Ghost
    I'd rather not be compared to a frenchman.
  11. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

BGB - SquadLeader

ARC*fecht_niko