1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Reported for !free kits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrivaldo, May 2, 2018.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    Shrivaldo
    Just a question asking why I was reported for this?
    The SL left the squad so I automatically replaced him while I was wounded then Chav reports me. Therefore I just left the server to reduce the amount of victimisation I’m receiving on this server. I’m confused
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Inspect
    Looking from the tracker, you got the SL after your squadleader left, and Chav joined shortly after. You were squad leader for about 2-3 minutes. Did you talk with him and explain the situation at that point? Did anyone of your squadmates communicate anything?

Admins clear up squads who don't have or don't bother to use mics. Instead of leaving the server because you got warned, you could've just talked with Chav about the warning. Like maybe asked him if he wants to take the SL (as all squad slots were full).
  3. Offline

Shrivaldo
    Again I’m being made out to be the villain here. Maybe Chav could’ve talked to me about it before taking action.
  4. Offline
    Siltics Siltics The one and only

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Tester Foxtrot

Siltics
    Chav , can you maybe explain to solve this confusion.
    Shrivaldo likes this.
  5. Offline

Community Dept. PRTA

Chav
    > Open squad menu
    > see freekit squad
    > warn squadleader
    > wait for response or leave it

That's all that happened. Noone is picking on you pal. I've seen your name around so you were on my radar however from what you're saying you were given the squad, I opened the squad menu and saw you as squad leader and warned you. Nothing more to it; infact the fact I saw your name around was probably the reason I didn't immediately kick you. I did say in the team chat a couple times about banning people making free kit squads. From my perspective there were a majority of Americans/Russians/Arabs on the server and noone had done any "pruning" of free-kitters / no-micers so I simply was getting rid of those not contributing to the team.
    Wicca likes this.
  6. Offline

Shrivaldo
    So you would generally immediately kick somebody you found in that position regardless of the circumstances? They may have been automatically moved there like I was. Do admins have rules to abide by or do you use your own intuition?
  7. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Community Dept. Head Lead Moderator Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Are you trolling?
    Simplejack1969 and Danielj15 like this.
  8. Offline

Community Dept. PRTA

Chav
    That round I had been removing people from freekit squads from the moment I joined the server. People don't normally get the message and just keep on making squads until I get bored. Normally kicking the culprits eliminates this. If you do not contribute to teamwork and the game-flow on the server you will be removed from the server; regardless of how you'd like coin it.
  9. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Inspect
    Nobody is "making you the villain here". You just got warned for being in the SL position of a freekit squad, meaning that your squad wasn't communicating or wasn't organized. This is common practice, and getting a warning is not the end of the world. Sometimes it happens that you get the position of a squadleader if your previous SL leaves, and typical behavior in that situation is to ask if someone wants to be the squadleader, migrate to another squad with SL or start leading.

Let me get the timeline straight though:
    3:23:31 - You get the squadleader because left4deadboy leaves.
    3:23:19 - Chav joins your squad
    3:23:03 - You get wounded
    3:22:08 - Chav warns you for freekitting
    3:22:00 - You have a full 8 man squad with you being the SL at this point
    3:21:31 - You leave the server

You had a over a minute to organize the squadleader position if you don't want it. This means asking people if someone wants it or moving to another squad. "Hey guys does someone want to squadlead" on mumble is a good start for that. And because you were wounded, you had the time to do it.

When you get a warning from an admin in your squad, simple push of PTT and discussing with him about this stuff would've been the best option. "Hey man, I'm sorry, but my previous squadleader just left and I got the SL. Let me spawn in so I can give the squadleader to someone else. Would you like to lead?"

Easy.