1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Announcement PRTA Seeding Campaign 2020 1st of March

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Feb 14, 2020.

?

Will you be helping us seed?

Poll closed Mar 6, 2020.
  1. Yes I can seed in the morning before I go to work or school

28.0%
  2. Yes I can seed in the midday

28.0%
  3. Yes I can seed in the evening

44.0%
  1. Offline
    PRTA Bot

PRTA Bot Robot Factory Editor

Providing information for the PRTA community
    PRTA Seeding Campaign 2020 1st of March

[​IMG]

Mobilization of all personnel is in progress
    [​IMG]

This announcement works as an anchor and coordination point to contact all admins, seeders, members of PRTA, various guest units, clans outside PRTA and create a list of people that definitely will help us seed. Then ensure this is repeated each day by the senior admin team or admin team.

All units, players and staff will commence seeding on the 1st of March. And will continue to seed daily.

We all want to keep playing Project Reality with fair rules, admins and good gameplay. The only difference between a populated server and an empty one in PR is just the will to seed it, there is no choice in ping, OS, admins or community anymore.

I am asking you all to take time out of your schedule, every morning, after the 1st of March and start your PC up, and AFK or Actively seed the PRTA server.

[​IMG]

I will encourage you all to join the PRTA discord: https://prteamwork.com/link-forums/discord.1512/ And keep an eye out for the channel #prbf2-seeding This is where the admin team will post Seed requests using @everyone.

Please let me know if there are any other clans or groups we can reach out to.

[​IMG]

PLEASE SIGN IN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO SEED!

We will update the list with users that wish to contribute to the seed.

[​IMG]

Here is the list of PRBF2 Admins:
    3. PR:BF2 Admin Team
    3. PR:BF2 Administrator
    3. PR:BF2 Seeder
    3. PR:BF2 Senior Administrator
    3. PR:BF2 Trial Administrator

Here is the list of PRTA Staff:
    1. Blue-tag
    1. Manager

Here is the list of Leaders and Members:
    1. Member
    1. Leader (automatically set)

Here is the list of Guest Units:
    4. Guest Unit - GC
    4. Guest Unit - KIA
    4. Guest Unit - THOT

Here is the list of Other groups:
    GDW
    MERK
    POV

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wicca likes this.
  2. Offline
    mectus11

mectus11 PR Resident Administrator IRL Task Force Foxtrot AREA 94 Guest Unit - GC

Where is the "No, I will not seed" poll option.

3. Offline
    Golden_Pilot

Golden_Pilot

Could i bring (SSW) guys ?

Yrzn likes this.
  4. Offline
    mectus11

mectus11 PR Resident Administrator IRL Task Force Foxtrot AREA 94 Guest Unit - GC

Ye come cause squad bugs.

5. Offline
    Golden_Pilot

Golden_Pilot

Teach me and i will be there

Yrzn likes this.
  6. Offline
    PBAsydney

PBAsydney Community announcement on Saturday PRTA

Seeding all day while at work, to buy some good boy points that I can spend on influencing wicca to migrate to windows.

Wicca likes this.
  7. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity'

Junior Data Analyst
    If you don't know how squad bugs work, you probably should reconsider your value as an admin. :ninja:

It's called "subliminal message" and that message is, there is no choice then to seed, the only question is when.

[​IMG]

mectus11, Golden_Pilot and Wicca like this.
  8. Offline
    Golden_Pilot

Golden_Pilot

Thx dad. didnt know it

9. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Games Dept. Head Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Seeding will also apply for squad.

10. Offline
    hairyballs

hairyballs Starvin Marvin Foxtrot

I pick up plastic from rivers to sell at market
    I’ll seed when windows is up and running

11. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

Junior Data Analyst
    How convenient to put it down here.

If you needed one reason not to go for windows, here it is. :snaphappy:

12. Offline
    hairyballs

Rude

13. Offline
    PBAsydney

PBAsydney Community announcement on Saturday PRTA

14. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

Junior Data Analyst
    Who is rude, the one who is blackmailing his own community or the one pointing it out?
    What if people would start to say, "I only get on TS if you install a music bot" or "I only use discord if you get rid of this ranking aka tracking bot because privacy yadayada"?

But before this is going out of hand, I was merely making a little joke and on top, this is not even my community anymore, so I couldn't care less in the end.

You are repeating yourself. The vast majority of your videos don't show issues with hit registration. Actually, let me rephrase it, they show nothing particularly special. BF2 is a game having "hitreg" issues ever since it's release. I could paste hundreds of old yt content about people on linux and windows servers recording hitreg issues.
    You also don't seem to understand some fundamentals about the difference between what you see as a client and what actually happens on the server. The blood effects e.g. are a client side effect. The fact that this effect is 1. unrealistic and 2. buggy due to the games hit registration really is nothing new or this oooold thing. The issue has been around ever since it got introduced independent from the OS pr is running on or the game mode played. It happens on coop servers (which are mostly windows) and it happens on windows aas servers. Deviation is another issue even other players who support the "hitreg issue" keep trying to tell you but you ignore that with great attitude. Then we have server side modules, prism in particular, who negatively effect hitreg. It has nothing to do with the underlying OS whether prism is used or not. That's a community/administration decision. I was and I am against using prism anywhere but even considering the issues prism delivers, there are still legitimate use cases for it. The seeding phase could be pointed out. If no admin during seeding is available, having someone on prism to watch the progress and keep the game civil, is a viable argument. The problem I have with it is, no human will ever be that aware at all times about the number of admins online and the number of active prism users. This means naturally there will be overlapping time periods. Overlapping as in time periods where no prism user is needed and periods where someone is needed on prism. After a while a prism admin simply will forget that he isn't needed anymore and it's time to leave in benefit of server performance.
    Another problem people keep forgetting is "packet loss" due to bad routing or wifi usage. The "ping" or the round trip time of bf2 is optimized for a value of 100ms. So people with a very good and very bad ping will experience a noticeable difference in gameplay.
    The problem here is, that everytime you fail to kill someone, you blame it on the server and literally everyone knows it by now. Everyone but your closest buddies ofc and if you run into it on windows you say something like "yea, it happens everywhere but it's particularily bad on linux" and it just makes no sense. No sense at all.

Now the prta pr server had an issue last year, while I was still here. It's been recognized as the "bad frames" issue. I admittedly reacted too late to the complaints about performance issues. You know, for years (noticeably more after 9/14) I had to listen to complaints about the server and this and that issue with it and all the time they mostly were illegitimate and mainly based on an anti-prta agenda. I did understand some of the motivation for these "complaints" more or less, but I also won't hear it anymore over time. My skin became thicker in regards of "prta being bad in all regards" complaints. This was wrong as even I know now and one of the last few things I did for prta was taking Inspect to fix "the problem" on a Sunday afternoon in November or December. Don't remember the exact date anymore and I am too lazy to check discord pm's.

The entire hitreg topic is nothing but a meme anymore, which means that you and your actions turn into becoming a meme. If you would spend the same amount of effort into improving the community, the game or your clan, then you might actually become a benefit for the people around you. I also have to say though, you did admit improved hit registration on prta servers at least on discord. I am sure this is appreciated by the people running this community. The problem with trying to improve something is objectivity. So you need people giving you objective, repeatable and realistic feedback. So if you really want to help this community improving quality of service, then get over your "anti-linux" attitude (which is stupid to begin with) and try to see the game as it really is and give feedback according to it.

Thx for your attention. Now go seed without conditions. The blue's certainly are working hard to make this community as good as possible and they do it without payment. Maybe you could appreciate all the work people put into prta and pr on a completely voluntary basis for once. Without them, you would have no PR to play at all. Think about it.

Thx for your attention.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  15. Offline
    hairyballs

I ain’t reading that

16. Offline
    Temur

Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata Foxtrot

Teacher
    amen.

hairyballs at least have the decency to read and think. smh

17. Offline
    hairyballs

no

18. Offline
    Temur

Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata Foxtrot

Teacher
    child

tobi-the-fraggel and Raidonrai like this.
  19. Offline
    VTRaptor

VTRaptor (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Hitreg is bad everywhere and is inconsistent. I sometimes get better hitreg on HOG than some EU server for instance.

In order to fix hitreg, we have to make Project Reality 2 happen. Except it won't happen because someone already made something called squad, claiming to be PR successor... Hitreg is the only thing good about that game xD

20. Offline
    cassius23

cassius23 crashius23 Sysadmin PR Resident Administrator Coder Foxtrot IRL Event Attendee

I want to address Tobi message.

I agree with you that my "hitreg propaganda" associates have voiced their claims in an uneasy to respond way, but let's not forget there was also plenty of valid and properly formulated feedback regarding the server performance. I never cared about whether it was Linux or Windows, as long as the game I played responded to me in a logical and predictable way. This is still not a case for PRTA. I used to ask random people what was their experience about hit registration in this game. Some said issue was noticable, but they accepted it as part of the game and just rolled with it. And this is fine, but we as a group experienced servers with better performance in that regard and we're aware that it's something that can be adjusted and minimized. While running my server people that never raised their voice were comming forth saying they experienced something different, almost different game. So in all my experience I'm certain that this issues can be fixed.

I'm not certain if it's anti-linux propaganda, pro-windows or is it just you being anti-windows which is my impression from the long time being in this community.

I've seeded servers enough for last 4 years, so I'm done.

This message is sponsored by Microsoft license distributor.

And hairy is a kid.

agus92, PBAsydney and Temur like this.