1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA Retro Map Pack Event, 18:00 PRT, 24th November 2018. Read more here.
  5. Currently a reserve server is in use as 'PRTA EU | Modern Conflict'.
    Follow this link to get to its tracker and bf2demo recordings
  6. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Feedback PRTA Hardcore Teamwork Nights feedback

Discussion in 'Events, Battles & Training' started by Arnoldio, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PRTA

PR:BF2 Name:
    Arnoldio
    Our fresh weekly events will probably need some tweaks. Here is the place to voice your concerns about gameplay!
  2. Offline

Events PRTA

Arnoldio
    Thank you all for coming. Here is what I make of it:

Stamina and damage is cool, flag capping will be faster just a bit, tickets for death will be on 200% (so 4 on total), spawntimer will be revised and spawn reductions re-implemented. I will also fix kits spawning on dead soldiers. Thats about it.
  3. Offline

NATO Potato

axytho
    I think the main problem was that we had trouble getting the server seeded. Could we do another one of these soon? Maybe start with a scenario, like you do with one-live events, build up a story around it, and once the map is done, switch to another map and play with the people who are still on the server. This should get a full server at the beginning, and it means that by the end, there will still be more than enough players to keep the server going.

The infantry fights were really fun though. The spawn timer was pretty brutal too, but that's good, although it took me a while to realize that this meant "play like it's a one life event, i.e. really conservatively" instead of "rush into cap, get killed, then rage because you're waiting 150 seconds".

I don't know enough about game design how you can intuitively bring across the latter point. One-life events do this really well, because people KNOW they're not respawning. After a while though, people get more cautious and the gameplay slows down considerably, so I think it's a really good idea to increase the tickets lost by dying, because at the end of korengal valley, the only way we were going to win it was by bleeding the other team.
    Arnoldio and agus92 like this.
  4. Offline

Events PRTA

Arnoldio
    I agree with everything you said. 150 second respawn isn't really to make people more careful - because that is up to them, however it gives the winner more reward for staying alive. and more downtime between firefights, more chance to advance etc. I'm also thinking about adding some story behind the evening. and progress to the next map depending on the outcome of the previous one.
    Sloan and axytho like this.
  5. Offline

NATO Potato

axytho
    Please do this! Some kind of "campaign" where winning or losing has an affect on the next map and its assets would be really cool.
  6. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Oh really? is that what YOU think?
    Arnoldio likes this.