1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Help Project Reality - Phase event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wicca, May 1, 2020.

1. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA Games Dept. Head PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Project Reality - Phase event

So I have been thinking a lot about an event which works in phases.

Since Project Reality has so many vehicles types spread out on so many maps and layers, you won't ever really be able to play with any of them. Drawing inspiration from another game called Steel Divison, where various units are accessible after a certain amount of time, I'd like to see how that would work for Project Reality.

So how does this work in the Steel Division game? Well, you can read about it here:
    https://www.eugensystems.com/steel-division-normandy-44-gameplay-three-phase/

In short, it splits the game up into 3 phases that spread out in 10-minute iterations. The phases are called A B and C.
    The A-phase has primarily recon, light vehicles, and infantry mostly, or a very limited amount of heavy vehicles.
    The B phase has medium vehicles and more infantry, and more specialized units.
    Finally, the C phase unlocks all vehicles and assets, in large numbers, including heavier ones.

In addition to that, the game has a tick system allowing you to get points to purchase more vehicles, which mostly increases in each phase.

For Project Reality, I envision this could work in a similar manner, but with each iteration lasting 20 minutes instead of 10, please be aware that no vehicles respawn. And we have a lot of various vehicles types and such that we could choose from, referenced here: (thought many vehicles missing)
    https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130308

Here is an example of how this could be done:

US Army VS Middle Eastern Coalition

Phase A:
    US Army:

2xM35 Logistics Truck
    3xM35 Support Truck
    1xHMMWV Up Armoured HMG
    1xHMMVW
    2xHMMVW Support (Open)
    1xHMMWV Up Armoured GMG (MK.19)
    1xHMMWV Up Armoured CROWS (M2HB)
    1xM1126 Stryker ICV (M2HB)

Middle Eastern Coalition
    2xUral-4320 Logistics Truck
    3xUral-4320 Support Truck
    3xAMZ DZIK-3
    2xUAZ-3151
    1xBRDM-2
    1xBoragh

1xMTLB

1x BTR-60PB

Phase B:
    US Army:

2xM35 Logistics Truck
    3xM35 Support Truck
    2xM1126 Stryker ICV GMG (MK.19)
    2xM2A3 Bradley (TOW Missiles)
    2xUH-60 Black Hawk (2x M240D, {US Army})
    1xOH-58D Kiowa #3 (4x Hellfire ATGM, 2 seats, {US Army})

Middle Eastern Coalition
    1xFV101 Scorpion
    1xBMP-3 (9M117 Missiles)
    1xBMP-2 (No ATGM)
    1x MTLB 30mm
    2xMil-17 (2x .50 cal door guns)
    1xSA-341H Gazelle AT3 (4x ATGM, 2 seats)

Phase C:
    US Army:
    2xM35 Logistics Truck
    3xM35 Support Truck
    4xM1A2 Abrams
    4xM2A3 Bradley (TOW Missiles)
    2xChinook (2x 7.62 Miniguns, {US Army})
    1xAH-64 Apache (Nose turret, 38x Rockets, 8x ATGM, {US Army})

Middle Eastern Coalition:
    4xT-72
    4xBMP-2M (9M133 Missiles)
    4xMil-17 (2x .50 cal door guns)
    1xMi-28 Havoc (Nose turret, 40x Rockets, 8x ATGM)

I didn't spend a lot of time balancing this. Consider it as a concept example. Each 20 minutes vehicles spawn, starting the new phase. This might give teams that are pushed back, a renewed chance to push inwards towards the enemy, or make the games more interesting since the heaviest vehicles spawn 60 minutes into the game, as opposed to the first 20. So, people have a reason to stay around and play for longer.

It might work to reduce the time to 15 instead of 20, or even introduce more phases and have 10 minutes phases.

Nizo and agus92 like this.
  2. Offline
    Zrix

Zrix Tournament Veterans

Discord:
    Zrix#1337
    [OD-S]Zrix
    agus92 likes this.
  3. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA Games Dept. Head PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Yeah, definitely similar, but the time is the unlock, not the flags captured.
    I took my inspiration from the Steel Division game, where it's time-based, as I explained.

Nizo and agus92 like this.
  4. Offline
    agus92

agus92 Resident Moderator PR Resident Administrator 9ª Compañía de Infantería

would be cool to try

Nizo likes this.
  5. Offline
    Nizo

Nizo 9ª Compañía de Infantería

Yeah if it's time based it could be good

I think it would not be wise because if one team gets ahead with flags the match transforms into a race of who gets the most flags, and when one side gets the advantage it just needs to defend the rest of the flags, leaving the other team with less tiered vehicles without a spawn timer

6. Offline
    agus92

agus92 Resident Moderator PR Resident Administrator 9ª Compañía de Infantería

iirc, someone already had a lengthy suggestion on how to make a game mode to play similarly to a Company of Heroes game, with tickets and such.

I understand that this Steel Division idea would be similar, but getting tickets to spend with time.

Does someone remember that thread?

PD: SD is a great game, 1v1 me when I come back home

7. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    In my suggestion, each team has a fixed ticket at the start of the game, just like any PR game. The assets just don't respawn like they usually do, as explained in the Original Post.

agus92 likes this.
  8. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Suchar how difficult would it be for you to make a map like that on khami?

9. Offline
    Chuva_RD

Chuva_RD Carebears Platoon Member KIA

A renewed chance to push is a faulty assumption as no side receives more than another, what changes is asset environment and scale (it shrinks, bigger guns kill at bigger distances). And about interesting it is very debatable, no one really considers delaying armor by 60min a good opportunity to play tanks.

The game already has a delay on vehicle spawns, why do you reinvent the wheel. Make duplicates of assets have 2x respawn time with delaying them; 20min respawns will become 40min, and it is almost eternity

10. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Because I want to see how it plays out. You don't know that, neither do I. And I think it would be interesting.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    Nizo likes this.
  11. Offline
    Suchar

Suchar The Most Honorable PR Lead Administrator Lead Mapper Operations Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów DUPA Platoon Member

Realitymod Developer
    From a brief look it's just GPO changes with vehicles having various delays depending on their role. One day of work but I probably won't be able to do that in the next 1-2 weeks (1.6 +I just reinstalled my windows and I need time to get all tools back up and working)

agus92 likes this.
  12. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Yeah, no worries. Though I think the community is eager for an event if we could pump something out for next weekend and ww2?

Maybe Pantyfas you can do a contact WW2 battle on the most balanced WW2 map? Though not sure how well designed those maps are, compared to normal PR.

agus92 likes this.