1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Discussion PRF/GSI Banter and Meme Thread

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by Mattytoosack, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Offline
    Temur

Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata Foxtrot

Teacher
    hi smek

gregjlanders likes this.
  2. Offline
    hairyballs

hairyballs Starvin Marvin Foxtrot

I pick up plastic from rivers to sell at market
    i think we all know the real reason why the tournament didn't work out
    [​IMG]

3. Offline
    CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY Events IRL Task Force PR Guest Administrator Media Team AREA 94

Smek vs Nikos Dog
    Next SCOs confirmed

4. Offline
    VTRaptor

VTRaptor (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

So much bullshit. So many people who had opinions that they kept to themselves until now... you were one of the people who could have stepped up to command but didn't want to because "English isn't my native language". Why don't you mention the fact you were one of the people refusing to play the rest of the tournament? Why isn't that 'sabotage'?

*Question tournament ethos. Until a proper punishment is set in place we will not attend any battle anymore.* Was the option that vast majority voted for. We merely wanted a serious reaction to Saaremaa, because as far as we know, baserape and camping main was to be a severely punishable offense. Whole supperfobing squad with hats, lats, mines in DoD, stationary AA and a tank doing that was met with ridiculous reaction, being suspending one guy from one battle, warning others and taking some 50 tickets. I remind you that asset wise our team was supposed to be better, and by the looks of it it actually was, as our CAS was victorious over the enemy's and PRF had only one tank left, when we had everything. All that was worth nothing in face of what later happened.

Asset players being the actual core of our team were really pissed, and rightfully so.

And my point still stands, my english is not good enough to represent some 50-80 people publicly, but you have absolutely 0 idea about that, since you were born a Brit.

1. I publicly took responsibility for the imbalance, not sure what else you'd have me do. Even then, CAS_ual_TY agreed with it at the start of the tournament as did the admins. We based that on the fact that on a number of factors, including the fact we had by far better asset players (a few sadly left the tournament which changed that) and it wasn't clear that Utd etc. were going to stay the whole tournament. The first battle we only lost by 30 tickets so it seemd pretty balanced. Regardless, none of that matters because I took responsibility for the balance. I mean, all is there for you to see in an announcement I made on Discord. What else would you want me to do? Did you want me to resign when it became clear that the balance was wrong? Or would that be 'sabotage' too?

As a team, we didn't mind at that point, and were supportive. Balance was awful, but we still counted on rebalancing, as it could've been done. But it wasn't done.

2. Re: [ic], again I find it outstanding that all the officers and SLs supported that decision fully at the time but some now claim that it was my fault or that I was wrong. It is and was the correct decision and I fully believe nobody worth their salt would have made a different decision if they were in my position. I'm confident that if I was still in the Discord I could dig out messages where you agree with that decision so frankly you can do one if you're now going to roll back and criticise me on it. That's laughable.

At no point have I personally agreed that this was a good decision, although I accepted it. Smek is a hothead, and we all knew it, but you are not. He was acting immaturely, yes, but instead of trying to defuse things, you escalated.

3. Absolutely I refused to swap POV. That would be shit. I'd rather have lost the tournament 'fair game' than start swapping players from one team to the other. Again, I was not alone in holding that opinion. Neither team HCOs wanted to do it, nor the admins, nor most of our officers and SLs when they were asked. It's only now that you start criticising me in an attempt to save your own face.

So instead of having a balanced tournament like it should be, you denied any satisfaction for entirety of your team, just for sake of 'fair game' which was bound to be lost. Were SLs asked for their opinion about that? No, they were not, because otherwise me or Chuva would immediately push for it. At no point have you asked your SLs for opinion on that. You were just trying to keep your name clean.

4. After Saaremaa, CAS_ual_TY held a vote without consulting me. The second that happened I was put into a really difficult position because I didn't think that vote should have been held in the first place but my CO had done it and to undermine him would be fatal. So I told the officers and SLs my opinion "I am voting to continue playing in this tournament", made my stance clear in an announcement to the whole team then privately spoke to CAS_ual_TY about the whole thing. My relationship with him never deterioriated and I'm not about to disclose those conversations but in essence we discussed a variety of different possibilities, one of them being that I resign because it's clear the officers and SLs do not agree with my opinion (that we should continue participating in the tournament). We also discussed him resigning, we discussed forfeiting the tournament and we discussed a few other options. We couldn't really come to a decision because both of us wanted to do what was best for the team but neither of us really knew what that was.

There were many things you didn't share with your team, not even with SLs, so we have every right to blame you now, as things were happening behind our backs.

As an aside on that point, I think it's pathetic that you and a few other SLs voted to refuse to play. Really pathetic. Everyone should be aware about that point: I wanted to finish the tournament even if we lost the remaining games. It is you and some other SLs who insisted we throw a tantrum and stop playing. Even before that vote, a few of you were threatening to resign. You should look in the mirror first before blaming me.

We wanted to fix the problems and then keep playing. Problems that made people want to resign. Problems that could've been fixed, but solutions were kept secret.

5. Re: asset delay. This was a conversation taking place in the private Admin/Team HCO chats. It's a decision that really ought to be made by the CO. Not to throw CAS_ual_TY under the bus here but I'm pissed off that I've ended up taking the rap for the decision. I made it clear in those chats that the decision was up to CAS to make as it affected tactics/strategy and that's his area. He did not reply at all. A few days went past and he still did not reply and a decision needed to be made. Me, at work, busy with real life shit, realised I had to make a decision so after a quick conversation with the admins I agreed to delay the assets. "Disregarding the opinion of your team which was clear" is a false statement. There was no clear opinion on this. I simply was forced to make a decision under time pressure so I made one. That's unfortunately what happens when your SCO and CO are both busy with real life things and your HCO + SLs can't come to agreements. In the end, the SCO is the one who has to make those decisions. I made it.

Again, instead of talking to your own officers, asking them for an opinion, you asked admins for an opinion... And don't say we didn't attend some meetings, because we were never even informed about them, let alone invited to.

No, it's not a false statement. You knew we had better asset players. You knew we had worse infantry players. Conclusion was very simple, try to win using assets, which are superior for USMC. I'll repeat myself. We could not get enough good inf players, but we could get just enough asset players, even if that means shifting them from inf to assets. If that is unclear to you, you should learn to play. Try asking niko for lectures.

6. I'm not playing the victim, I've taken full and public responsibility for mistakes I've made, the most important one being the poor balance at the start. That ultimately is my fault and I apologised to the team for that. There are some things I've genuinely learned from the whole experience.

I'm standing up for myself right now because I think some people, yourself included, are abdicating all responsibility and piling it on to me. I am standing up against all the people who now are accusing me of having sabotaged the team, because I take that personally. I did put a lot of time and effort into supporting the team. I did everything I could to keep morale going and keep us moving forward despite the losses. I'm sure CAS_ual_TY will support the fact that I cared about this team. I did not pass responsibility on to other people: my announcement made it pretty clear that this was my decision and I wrote it in a way to set you guys up to continue the team in a healthy, positive way. The fact that you have now turned against me is a reflection of your attitude, not mine.

Continue in a healthy, positive way? You left us in hopeless situation, throwing logs under our legs in before...
    Don't try to shift the blame, as I'll repeat it. SLs were not invited to any meetings between administration and high command of either teams.

I resigned for two reasons:

1) Due to changes in real-life commitments I genuinely no longer had time to fully do the role that was expected of me. Despite my efforts to find someone to replace me, I could not. Rather than be an 'empty vessel' and be criticised for doing nothing, I made the decision to vacate the position and allow someone else to take it and do it properly. That is not 'sabotage', it's the right decision to make when you're in that position. It was my hope that, now forced to, someone would take the position and would have the time and dedication to do it properly. Judging by how things have played out, nobody was willing/able to step up.

You did that before the last battle, yet you call it the right decision xD? And you expect someone to fix the shit you broke which again, is beyond repair? You only expected someone to become scapegoat for you, nothing more.

2) Furthermore, it had become clear that the officers + SLs wanted to refuse to play the remainder of the tournament.In my opinion, that is sabotage. I was the lone voice against a group of people who either wanted to intentionally fly our helicopters into their main (and other troll tactics) or to simply refuse to play. I did not want my name associated with a team who refuses to play in a tournament because of... well, reasons. My position was no longer tenable. So I resigned.

"""I did not want my name associated with a team who refuses to play in a tournament because of... well, reasons"""

Yeah, you never cared about the reasons or problems, you only cared about your 'name'.

I challenge you or anyone else to have made a different decision in that situation.

Can you name any decision you took that was right? Not switching POV, delaying assets, escalating conflicts with your teammates and deescalating with enemies, silencing problems instead of solving them, stripping our team of any advantages?

So much bullshit...

5. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Games Dept. Head Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
  6. Offline
    Ryan

Ryan PR Resident Administrator

There were four more battles bud. It's all well and good to attack him for some perceived wrong, but you quit with four battles left, while he tried to give you a way to run the rest of the tournament your way, when clearly you didn't like his way. Nothing you have posted has made me believe he was in the wrong on anything. Every post you make furthers my belief that Temur is 100% correct.

How can you justify switching squads mid tournament? This is not a pub, we put months of effort into this tournament and to switch a squad because one team can't get their shit together ruins the entire tournament for both teams. It doesn't help the worse team, it just shatters the squad that gets swapped, the team that gets swapped from and it just piles on more unnecessary salt. Deescalating with enemies by discussing and agreeing with admins? Also removing Smek was the only correct option.

StealthLeet, Aleon, Temur and 2 others like this.
  7. Offline
    Bastiannn

Bastiannn PRTA

Wrong;
    Most of the officers who actually gave a shit about this expressed their opinions multiple times through the teams discord and/or on teamspeak on battle days/debriefs. Raptor was among those pretty vocal about issues with the team, tournament and admins when too many problems made things unbearable, so I don't see how you can say he and others kept it to themselves until now because that is obviously not the case; they voiced their opinions and they were just disregarded by you and Admins.

You stated that there is imbalance and took responsibility for it, but later said thing like "we don't think balance is necessary, nor wanted", seems pretty contradictory for me. Later, the problem became more clear and you changed stance to swapping squads as "a last resort", seemingly that last resort never came. So if you take responsibility for something, the next step is to fix that problem, not to say you think its unnecessary and unwanted. Your whole view on this was unrealistic, expecting "mythical good players" to come rescue us after 2nd wave of sign ups and "train to improve skill".

Wrong;
    Most officers who contributed to any discussions were ones saying that something must be done, and that one possible solution was to switch a weaker squad from GSI for a better squad of PRF. I remember at least 3 or 4 different SLs, including Raptor, who were offering this as a possible solution especially lately when the problems bloomed.

They weren't just a handful in refusing to play, they were the majority by far.

Wrong;
    There was that *special* channel where Casualty clearly stated and started planning around assets not being delayed, saying after, that if any delay should be forced, he wouldn't go any higher than 5 minute delays.

The whole problem with this tournament was that some people who were essential to the structure of it signed up "because no one else would" so the tournament would be held at all costs, the same people who wanted the tournament to continue just for the sake of it even 2 days ago. If you think anything could be saved so late then you are, again, wrong, unrealistic.
    You were criticised for doing nothing not because you didn't have time to do anything, but because of decisions that you and others took which implied doing nothing and just "suck it up".

Also you being the first to come here and post a picture (which you at least deleted later) of DesertFox losing his mind in officer chat when he hit the final straw was as pathethic as you and the Lead Admin Tournament being the first to start this washing of laundry in public.

Have you or any admin wondered why we came to the point of refusing to play? Seems like you obviously didn't, since you are still missing the point. If the vocal majority of one team comes to the point of refusing to play because things got so bad and people in power refuse to do anything about it, then you are clearly in the wrong.

Still agreeing to play would've been just a big long dick shoveled down the throat of GSI members which would basically give in to this tournament organizers mentality of "suck it up".

That is not going out your heads up, that is just being a dog in front of others.

[​IMG]

How delirious would one have to be to think the numbers of battle left meant anything when half of them were already lost should we have come on Saturday? And don't think anyone implies the problem was solely Temur, this doesn't stop at him and more responsable than him are the admins that were active in managing the tournament. That constant wouldn't have changed no matter who was SCO.

People put months of effort into it and it was an ultimate shitfest. Go ask Suchar who was on GSI how he feels about the tournament after all the effort he put into making stuff.
    You are correct, its not a pub, its worse than most pub games I play daily.
    Trading a weaker squad for a better one wouldn't make a difference? How come? That's basically definition of how you enforce balance. How does it shatter that squad if that squad OFFERED to switch THREE TIMES?

Ahmed1109, Suchar and VTRaptor like this.
  8. Offline
    BubblyNinja

BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚 Lead Moderator PR Senior Administrator Media Team IRL Event Attendee Guest Unit - THOT

Man. My willy hasn't been this hard for drama before.

cassius23 and VTRaptor like this.
  9. Offline
    VTRaptor

Even Matty said that this battle will be the last, no reason to fool anyone here. We could not win it, and by delaying assets, he let inf dictate the battle. Reminder - our inf is hopeless.
    Reminder no.2 team chose to question tournament ethos and wanted a severe punishment for baserape and camping, when that was done, we would go on the usual way, even though chances of winning are slim. But why is that a thing in the first place? Well, remember Wanda CAS, right? PL was picked because of Sokol. CAS was changed, but we were denied a re-pick. We ended up with worse CAS after all and alot of grievances arisen. Saaremaa was yet another example of administration neglecting the problems.

Simple, POV volunteered, at least that's what I've heard, but when I did. It was too late. I don't see argument of "shattering the squad" as viable, as I'll say it again - they volunteered.

The most effort was put by the mapper, and that effort went to waste as maps ended up poorly tested and had to be fixed multiple times and... unplayed, because one team is superstacked and bound to win before seeing remaining half of them.

Tournament is supposed to be a competitive experience, and switching should be the last resort, but as you can see, that was necessary thing to continue without yet another steamroll. Of course, you can always say that we "did not get our shit together", but do you really believe so? Because that is a cheap thing to say, as it comes from victorious team.

Deescalating with enemies by discussing and agreeing with admins? Yes, because as far as we know PRF wanted delayed assets, knowing this as our only strength, and so did the admins, who at the start of the tournament did not want a delay, and then acknowledged that as a mistake, but it was up to GSI to decide. INF would dictate the game for 20 minutes. Reminder - our inf was hopeless, so we needed that edge. Edge which was thrown away like nothing.

10. Offline
    K-Massive

K-Massive The Great Khan Squad Senior Admin PR Senior Administrator IRL Event Attendee Guest Unit - MONGOL

Did you know Marlin and Wanda Shan were prep battles = points were not counted?

Also where is the TL;DR of the drama

11. Offline
    Bastiannn

Bastiannn PRTA

Did you know the half of 6 is 3 should we have come on Saturday as mentioned?

Lorfah and hairyballs like this.
  12. Offline
    VTRaptor

Points might've been not counted, but the course of action admins took angered everyone in GSI.

13. Offline
    K-Massive

K-Massive The Great Khan Squad Senior Admin PR Senior Administrator IRL Event Attendee Guest Unit - MONGOL

If PRF won, and if GSI played, thats already 2 if's, if the game was played maybe you had won?

14. Offline
    Bastiannn

Bastiannn PRTA

gregjlanders, STompa, Lorfah and 3 others like this.
  15. Offline
    Buttermilch25

Buttermilch25 Foxtrot

Lets get this thread back on track and post some good memes guys, I will start:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Offline
    filamu

filamu Events PR Guest Administrator Guest Unit - Tournament Veterans

There was a task force discord where some of this discussion could have been talked about and we could have changed back. Like we weren't that hard on the delays, if I knew the tourney would be over because of delays of course we wouldnt have pushed for that. We just wanted to have a "normal" and okay round where inf actually got to set foot on the ground and enjoy the round.

Honestly, I think black gold could have gone your way. The timings were so that gsi could have taken the whole city without us being able to get close.

Temur likes this.
  17. Offline
    [OD-S]Fizz

[OD-S]Fizz Guest Unit - Tournament Veterans

PR:BF2 Name:
    Fizzco
    Imo switching one squad doesn't make a difference when your command is incompetent (i'm talking in game here, your BP's and general tactics during the battles were dogshite, no offense)

STompa, Temur, 1mpact and 1 other person like this.
  18. Offline
    fecht_niko

fecht_niko POV Leader IRL Task Force Foxtrot Guest Unit - POV

just get good.

btw next tourney the SCO who pays most will get POV

Smek likes this.
  19. Offline
    Pantyfas

Pantyfas Events PR Guest Administrator Guest Unit - Tournament Veterans

Do you accept dog treats as payment?

For Napoleon ofc.

agus92 likes this.