1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA - Real Life meetup event Read more...
  5. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Approved PR:BF2 Player Report - [POV] ARC*fecht_niko

Discussion in 'Player, Admin and Server Reports' started by trauma_badger, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PR Nickname: trauma_badger
    PR CD Key Hash: 162c1aab0a7eab07e28ef14440373e88
    Reported PR Nickname: [POV] ARC*fecht_niko

Broken Rules: 3.6 Do not intentionally disrupt gameplay in any way (teamkilling, spam, smoking main etc.)

Date: Jun 9, 2019
    Time: 9:00pm
    Map: Assault on Grozny

Involved Players: los3r, SGT CHRISTIAN, JamesBob, gringo94, CPL.Jackie

Evidence:

Disclaimer: I have read and understood the PRTA PR Server Rules

I want to make a report against this player
    [POV] ARC*fecht_niko

PRTA tracker link https://eu3.prta.co/servers/prbf2/t...lt_on_grozny_gpm_cq_64_Modern Conflict.PRdemo

Happens around 3:41:00.
    This player went commander as a medic for the only purpose off deleting our FOB in B8. As you can see in the tracker, this was the 3rd FOB for our team and our team was capping flags and pushing the enemy. There was no reason for him to delete our FOB and he has no right to dictate our gameplay experience.

We built a FOB in B8 to stop enemy armor crossing over the bridge in D9 and to make a flanking FOB for Charlie flag. We killed the gunner for the SPG and killed the tank with LAT. We started crossing when were engaged by an enemy squad. We kept fighting until he deleted our FOB which caused us to be overrun. The reason why I’m mentioning our kill record is because argument of his clan, along with personal attacks, was that we were useless in that position. Now how does killing enemy tank, sending SPG to RTB and fighting an enemy full squad make us useless? And who is he to dictate if we are doing good for the team or not? It is true that we weren’t winning the fight with the enemy squad but this is no reason for him to delete the FOB. Since when is being killed in this game the reason to have your FOB deleted? How many times have people lost APC’s, tank’s or CAS in stupid ways and this still didn’t cause them to lose the squad? Or how many times have people attacked objectives only to be wiped and this still didn’t cause them to lose their FOBs? Or making FOBs behind enemy lines to do “spec ops” and “recon” stuff? The only time you would delete a FOB would be if it was far away from any flag and the TEAM was spawning there, and this would be done in agreement with other SL’s. There was nobody spawning on our FOB except for my squad. I don’t know who this player is and didn’t have any interactions with him before. The FOB was in danger of being overrun anyway, which means that there is malice behind his actions, not only “tactical decisions” – which he has no right to make in the first place.

Now the point of PR is that you make a squad, fight and have fun. We were fighting the enemy and having fun, which was ruined when he made us respawn in main, for no reason. I don’t see a reason why a squad would suffer from the actions of only one person, and I would like the person to be banned for this. Otherwise, can anybody just go commander and delete FOBS at their own leisure? Can anybody who thinks he is General Patton just apply for commander and dictate where will everybody go and do? Which he didn’t do, he just went commander to delete one FOB as a medic and left. Now I know people who were banned for this and would like the same rules to be applied here, no matter that this player is friends with the admins. Rules should apply to everyone, and even if he is an old player, he should be setting an example to other players, not bully them around.

To summarise
    - Going commander as medic, deleted our FOB and resinged
    - Team not needing another FOB
    - Team not losing due to us being in B8
    - Therefore, player’s action’s classed as “disruptive”
    - PRTA server rules 3.6 Do not intentionally disrupt gameplay in any way (teamkilling, spam, smoking main etc.)

___

Thank you for submitting this Player Report against [POV] ARC*fecht_niko, trauma_badger. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you.

- PRTA PR Administration
    Tomasinost and GJLA like this.
  2. Offline

BGB - Grunt

PR:BF2 Name:
    gregjlanders
    I know I'm not involved, buuuuut I still want to get a understanding of your game plan. Had niko not removed the FOB, what would have been your game plan from then on?
    Tomasinost likes this.
  3. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity'

Sysadmin Tournament - Admin Donor

Junior Data Analyst
    tobi-the-fraggle
    Not important imo.

The game has two chains of authority. One is dictated by rank which is Commander > Squadleader > Grunt and on PRTA this chain is supported by the rules. Then we have administrators which are somewhat a police force watching over the game play and hereby making sure the rules made by PRTA are followed.

Who has the right to delete fobs?
    That's up to the commander role in-game. Administrators are not their to dictate a teams tactics and fob placement is a tactical decision*. This game had no commander. So it is up to the squadleaders where to place the fobs which they can do in cooperation.

Going commander for 3 seconds to delete a fob is sometimes necessary. Often enough the number of fobs to be placed is exhausted. In order to allow lasting squad movements, another fob may be needed and a remote unused fob may be removed by going commander for a moment. Ideally this should be done in agreement with fellow squad leaders. This is an almost daily practice.

Deleting a fob which still is in active use is a commanders decision. Squad leaders may agree to remove such a fob if no commander is present. The most important question is: Did such an agreement exist at that time?
    Obviously POV squad was in favor of doing so. This conclusion can be drawn as one of them did remove it. trauma_badger obviously was against it, which can be derived by him doing this report. It's kinda unlikely that had a different opinion at the time.

Has there been a discussion in squad leader channel about removing this fob and what did other squad leaders think about it?

*Exceptions are possible though. Fob placements might be done with the intend to ruin a teams experience. In such cases administrators can ofc take actions.
    agus92, Lorfah and Temur like this.
  4. Online
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

IRL Task Force BGB - SquadLeader

ARC*fecht_niko
    You go and build a FOB in a complete useless position: not good to defend flags, not good to attack flags, not behind enemy lines -> a so called stupid FOB

[​IMG]

You get killed there a lot and waste tickets while your team would actually need your help:

[​IMG]

You even lose that position because your squad is getting rekt there:

[​IMG]

This is the same shit like wastings choppers in useless drops.
    Im sure you had your imersion there and you thought you did something special but PR is mostly about flags and tickets.
    Pronck, TabZa, GJLA and 1 other person like this.
  5. Offline

Salt

Taavitiivi1
    "bUt KiLlS dO nOt MaTtEr"
    GJLA, TabZa and K-Massive like this.
  6. Offline
    Tomasinost Tomasinost I will XD u with my XD to XD eternity.

Seamen

Discord:
    Tomasinost#6899
    Tomasinost
    Still is dicky move to delete the fob (even if the fob is in shitty place).Better to ask.But Niko in tactical moves,it was smart coz full enemy sq went to hunt them and get away from objective.But who cares....
    tobi-the-fraggel likes this.
  7. Offline

RIF - SquadLeader Guest Unit - KIA

Chuva
    punish them both equally as they both disrupt gameplay intentionally
  8. Offline
    TabZa TabZa pro rager

Salt

Mongol shaman and lifestyle counselor
    TabZa
    HOW is it "smart in tactical moves" to spend one inf squad to draw out one enemy inf squad?
    agus92, Geronimo, fecht_niko and 2 others like this.
  9. Offline

There was no discussion between SL's about deleting the FOB, he just did it. And there was no prior warning over SL radio or team chat.

Nice pictures, why didnt you put the ones where we killed the tank and SPG? And we weren't even a full SQ.

We were not useless. We killed SPG, tank and prevented enemy squad from flanking. Our team didnt need us, the K/D and map control was overwhelmingly in Russian favor. And why even have that cancerous attitude? To just delete FOB's on a whim? I dont have to win to have fun, it is a bonus, but i mostly play PR for different reason and I definitly dont need a random guy dictating how I should play this game. Even if it is a decision made in some clan consensus. Does the POV clan have executive decisions over gameplay?

If there was an enemy squad there, there must be some value in holding the only bridge for that side of the map. They were flanking too, for the same reason like we did, to gain an edge over the stalemate that happens in the city. And how is bridge control not important? Ever heard of operation market garden? It was a flop, but it was important

Its fine, I sometimes play commander. You are basically telling me i have the authority to delete any FOB that is not in a certain radius from a flag, or if i deem it "not tactical" in MY OWN OPINION. This whole report is about someone having a random opinion about an issue (having a FOB somewhere) that had no negative impact on the global tactical situation. If you want to add-substract tickets - the only enemy tank is worth my squad dying twice, so we basically earned our right to be there and die. NOT THAT ITS ANY OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS.

Here is a little picture that I made about the situation

upload_2019-6-10_22-4-15.png

What anyone thinks of the tactical situation does not matter, because this is a game, its not competitive and this is not a tournament.

The issue is, can you go commander and delete FOBs just because you want to? Because if you can, why were people banned for doing it? And if anyone can, its gonna be a fun time next time I play commander XD
    Because he is not admin, he was not commander, just a random guy with a random opinion.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  10. Online

ARC*fecht_niko
    I'm known to "not be deplomatic" as midget would say... but I will try my best to answer your questions 1 more time:

a FOB is in a complete useless position: not good to defend flags, not good to attack flags, not behind enemy lines -> a so called stupid FOB

Since we played public and the playerbase isnt what is was a "stupid fob" will make people spawn on it if others get overrun -> not having squads on important positions.

About POV having special rights: trust me its more like the opposite because we arent really the dreamgirl of the community even though we love you all :wink:

Dont take that personal because it wasnt personal from my side as well...
    Chuva_RD likes this.
  11. Offline

And let me say this one more time - your opinion on FOB placement DOESNT MATTER and your opinion on tactics DOESNT MATTER. Its as simple as that

The fact that you would act on your opinion shows you have ego problems - and that aint my problem mate unless you make it with your disruptive behaviour. Hence - this report

Now i have said my side of the story, its for the admins to decide if the report is valid. And you are not one of them
  12. Offline

BGB - Grunt

gregjlanders
    Avoiding a really long reply (I mean truly long PR message), I will try to be concise with my point.

Your reply shows you didn't understand what had to be done. From an experienced player, me, I will try to explain this sort of situation (Stupid Team's FOB Removal). I'm pretty sure you're a fairly long time player badger so hopefully you'll be able to appreciate this.

To start with the conclusion:

75% badger wrong & 25% Niko wrong, really. If Badgers intentions were to stay on the B8 fob, then any experienced player would know the only way to ensure a stupid tactic is avoided, is by making sure it can't happen again. ***I've had to remove fobs in 3/4*** rounds similar to this. Sometimes when we only had 3/4 fobs before, when the team is fucking stupid enough to either, keep spawning and getting killed on INS (like on an open eastern desert fob on ramiel), or they don't listen to how the game is playing out and 12/16 players spawn 1km away from a flag with no reason at all on AAS instead of making new fobs closer.

Now you say there was no communication about the fob, so provided that's accurate the following is true. Niko should have asked to remove the fob (essentially I 100% agree with Tobi's response, however I believe there is more to explain), and the reason why I fucking asked what your game plan is, is because if you wanted to stay there the entire round, then I would have deleted the fob too. Sure, it's excellent that you were able to take out important enemy assets, no dispute about it, but taking them out won't stop 2 squads clearing out the building where your team is at...you'll lose that flag etc, then the next, and then you lose. Not appeasing POV/niko here, I'm just calling it as I fucking see it, as I always do.

Niko's turn: If I were in the round. I would have communicated to you (what niko didn't do) at the start 1) if your squad was wiped, then just bail on the FOB and help us at the flags instead, or 2) if you survived, then move to the city and help the TEAM out from the south flank. I mean if you wanted to keep a single TOW/SPG guy, fine. Indeed this round there were vehicles on that flank. You engaged an enemy squad for about 15 minutes before the fob was removed, fine, you're not just going to retreat back because the next flag doesn't have a squad on it, it's a full enemy squad after all.

When you were steam plowed by the enemy inf, you should have then moved to the flags as I just said above, communication would have enabled SL's to set up their squad's LATs, fucking Combat engi mines, HATs, whatever, to sort out the enemy asset threat.

It's more like an SL telling you if you don't move from there, the fob will get removed instead. It was a stupid fob and you didn't even play the objective, you actually went back there at 3:35:45. It's not a smart tactic to lure an enemy squad by using one of your own, but when you know you got destroyed and it's nowhere near the flag, you then take the squad back there? Not the smartest decision

I've got the notification that Niko's replied, but after the time taken to type this, I'm posting it. So many dense SL's and other bad SL's thinking they can never do wrong. team work. I'm not even sure I care anymore trying to explain something so fucking basic for both parties.

EDIT: Just for clarity, I didn't see niko or badger's responses before I posted.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    agus92, Suchar and WeedT0aster like this.
  13. Offline
    GLORYWINGS GLORYWINGS ''GLORYWINGS''

BGB - SquadLeader Donor

Squad Name:
    GLORYWINGS
    GLORYWINGS
    Wow
    Lets print this into a book
    agus92 and GJLA like this.
  14. Offline

BGB - Grunt

gregjlanders
    encyclopedia at this rate
  15. Offline

RIF - NCO

Discord:
    nevermored#1203
    nevermored
    Bad, bad niko! Insults autists so hard. Btw militia logis unable to build pontoon bridges, you can just blow up a bridge and forget about it.
    fecht_niko likes this.
  16. Offline

greg, i appreciate the long relpy, but nothing you said actually applies in this situation.

This was 3rd out of 6 FOB - so no issues about being FOB capped.
    Nobody was spawning there other than my squad.
    There were no enemies anywhere near the defend flag, and the team was succesfully pushing the attack flag - the team didnt need us.
    And we went back there because we wanted to finish what we started.
    And then again you proceded to give YOUR PERSONAL OPINION ON THE TACTICAL SITUATION.
    Again repeating myself - PERSONAL OPINIONS ON TACTICS DONT MATTER.
    No offense mate.

Im again repeating what I said in my original post. Whatever a random player thinks, you dont go around deleting other people's FOB's - its hurtful for the gameplay experience of that squad and admins are here to protect the gameplay experience.
  17. Offline

IRL Event Attendee

Inspect
  18. Online

ARC*fecht_niko
    stupid FOBs hurt my gameplay experience too :biggrin:

#hurtmygameplayexperience
  19. Offline

RIF - SquadLeader Guest Unit - KIA

Chuva
    what a passenger
    GJLA likes this.
  20. Offline

IRL Task Force

Frontliner(Ger)
    While I do believe that trauma isn't the best SL out there and thus would do good when listening to those who know how to play the game, I can't help but feel like Niko overstepped his right to call other players to order. The FOB wasn't in a good position at all, yes, it's not the first time we all have seen garbage FOBs, but it's not like that FOB, at that point in time, was in any way detrimental to the team's efforts. Also, as far as 2kms are concerned, most of the combat area can be reached in a reasonable time by foot, even from a "stupid FOB" such as the one in question. Which means that going CO in order to remove it was unnecessary(bluntly: a dick move), and I wager everybody here, had he been trauma in that situation, would be equally as pissed - and understandably so.
    What saves Niko here is that his intentions as a player is usually driven towards giving his team the best shot at winning. Compare trauma's "Now the point of PR is that you make a squad, fight and have fun" to Niko's "while your team would actually need your help" approach. Even if the team didn't actually need help, not playing like it would goes completely against everything PR stands for.

Verdict 1: Give Niko a slap on the wrist and, if he feels he needs to repeat this, a timeout.
    Verdict 2: Give Trauma SL lessons.
    GLORYWINGS, Lorfah and GJLA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.