1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Denied PR:BF2 Player Report - ChuckChuckson

Discussion in 'Player, Admin and Server Reports' started by axytho, May 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline
    axytho

axytho Potato Regiment

PR Nickname
    axytho

Reported PR Nickname
    ChuckChuckson

Broken Rules
    2.4 All players are required to obey the in-game hierarchy and follow orders.

As commander, I spent the first minute of the match explaining how I wanted to play the match, and how the logis were to be divided between the squads (I would take one, and squad 7 would take one). As soon as the game starts, ChuckChuckson gets into a logi and despite my repeated pleas to just let me drive and bring him to where he wanted to, he continued driving. I don't particularly want him punished (I got the logi back once he arrived where he wanted to go).

However, I would like to remind all admins and other SL's that on this server for gameplay decisions you should either follow the commanders orders or convince the other squad leads to mutiny.

If you just remain silent and ignore the commander, it becomes impossible for a commander to actually organize the game and lead the team.

Date
    May 1, 2020

Time
    2:00pm

Map
    Carentan

Involved Players
    There was another admin whose name I've forgotten (tracker is down, sorry) who first told me that following orders was not a rule, then checked and told me to report the issue here. I understand it's not a rule a lot of players know, but if the admins think it's a bad rule, they should remove it, if they think it's a good rule (and I think it is, because else SL's/commander is just a glorified way of calling in arti, building fobs and marking stuff on maps) they should enforce it.

Evidence

Tracker was unavailable, I didn't record. If the log is available from that game, you should be able to read the chat in the log, but most of it was just me asking chuck repeatedly to just give me the driving seat, because it would make logistics much easier.

Disclaimer
    I have read and understood the PRTA PR Server Rules

Personal Notes
    Writing this in player reports, not admin reports because it's about an admin breaking a rule, not abusing his power.

___

Thank you for submitting this Player Report against ChuckChuckson, axytho. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you.

- PRTA PR Administration

gregjlanders and agus92 like this.
  2. Offline
    fecht_niko

fecht_niko POV Leader IRL Task Force Foxtrot Guest Unit - POV

You cant generalize that SLs should listen to the commander on public matches.

Ive gotten the most retarded move markers from CO during the last years which I obviously ignored.

Current playerbase allows CO to be the UAV spotter Areaattack dropper, FOB deleter or FOB builder nothing more tbh. Sad but true.

axytho, Daniel, gregjlanders and 2 others like this.
  3. Offline
    ChuckChuckson

ChuckChuckson Retired Intellectual PR Guest Administrator Guest Unit - THOT

Retired Intellectual
    As commander, I spent the first minute of the match explaining how I wanted to play the match, and how the logis were to be divided between the squads (I would take one, and squad 7 would take one). As soon as the game starts, ChuckChuckson gets into a logi and despite my repeated pleas to just let me drive and bring him to where he wanted to, he continued driving. I don't particularly want him punished (I got the logi back once he arrived where he wanted to go).

Let's lay things out clearly here before they become the subject of greek plays.

You stated that you wanted to play the match and to organise how the logistical trucks should be divided between squads. Recognising that the info was never brought into the squad through the squad leader it means that you most likely spoke it through local instead of disseminating the information directly to the SLs for them to inform their squads. I say this because when my mumble loaded in, I could hear you babbling in local before not a short second later someone (most likely another admin, SL or a player) telling you to shut up because it was squad time. So in recognising that I will see this as an instance of miscommunication on your part.

I'm not going to engage in a tit for tat about this and would await the decisions of the Senior Admins.

:wink:

4. Offline
    Daniel

Daniel Guest Unit - THOT

Good rule doesn't work in today's pr

5. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Games Dept. Head Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Deployment planning for the commander, there is no point in pubbing I think. Loads of other things to do though, like coordinating and such during the game.

Not sure if we should be so strict with the orders if a squad is helping, but not "following orders", as in they are staying in the defensive flag, or double-upping another squad in an attack. Feel free to just ignore them.

Still, maybe we can reconsider it, I don't know. It's kinda a dick thing, or is it? Idunno. Some people don't want to be trying too hard when they play, they wanna chill you know.

axytho and Smek like this.
  6. Offline
    Bastiannn

Bastiannn PRTA

I believe the rule is meant more for grunts in relation to their squad leaders rather than the SLs in relation to COs. The last thing you want to hear as a SL is the CO making a plan for you without you asking him anything.

John_Hammer and Daniel like this.
  7. Offline
    Bastiannn

Bastiannn PRTA

From what I understand, Chuck's squad was told to try and get trucks when they spawn in, which he did thinking they were going to build a FOB seeing his squadleader seemed fine with it when Chuck told him he got a logi.
    As stated above, the rule 2.4 is aimed at grunts rather than SLs. SLs are generally guided by "play the objective", and to follow any orders from the CO is not a must.
    The logi trucks and any other transportation/logistical vehicles that don't fall under the asset claim rules are also claimed based on "first come, first served", so if any SL or CO plans on how to distribute the vehicles, they have no actual authority to enforce it if they don't take it first.

axytho likes this.
  8. Offline
    axytho

axytho Potato Regiment

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I did state how the logis were going to be distributed both in local and in squad chat. But if the "first come, first serve" rule supersedes the follow CO orders, then obviously chuck could do with it what he wanted.

9. Offline
    Smek

Smek Guest Unit - IC

Axytho, yesterday on Omaha you stole trans truck from my mortar squad and you practically ruined the entire game for my squad and left the team without the defensive edge for the start of the game. It was very dissappointing to see and witness especially when you yourself are a capable SL which I without a doubt acknowledge. I asked you countless times on SL radio and even wrote in team chat, trying to get you to return the vehicle. You wanted to build fobs; this was your reason but i clearly told you to give me grid of the locations you wanted to build your fobs so i could drop the supply crates as i did my turns for the ammo crates to the mortar.
    Tldr

Dont accuse others and make stupid reports when you yourself act like a griefing troll.

Also reporting for someone not following your orders is a bit weak, try building trust with your fellow players in order to influence them and get what you want commanding games.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  10. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Games Dept. Head Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Smek, please stop calling people griefing trolls, that's not an appropriate word in this example you are writing. A more appropriate wording in your sentence would be "hypocritical" or "dick". But griefing trolls get banned.

I know English is your 2nd language, but I would assume you could tell the difference between a dick and a griefing troll.

11. Offline
    axytho

axytho Potato Regiment

I returned your transport truck as soon as I could. The only reason we took it was because (unknown to us) squad 3 had taken our transport truck and we thought that someone had simply moved ours to where your transport truck was sitting next to the mortar. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

12. Offline
    CAS_ual_TY

CAS_ual_TY Events IRL Task Force PR Guest Administrator Media Team AREA 94

must = 100%
    require = 95%

no rule breach here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.