1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Unbanned PR:BF2 Ban Appeal - Risiko94

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Risiko94, Sep 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline
    Risiko94

Risiko94

PR Nickname: Risiko94
    PR ID Hash: 35dfd6b1879b436f9383c1aaec1f12a8

Date: Jun 18, 2020
    Time: 10:30pm
    Map: Ulyanovsk

Reason: 1.1 No racism or insulting (chat, player names, squad names etc.).

I got banned over half a year ago after Buttermilch25 reported me on the forum for insulting someone else. (1)
    Buttermilch25, despite not being involved in any part of the issues i had with someone else, had a problem with the language i used ("subhuman"). As a good and upstanding Whiteknight, fighting hatespeech and Ne'er-do-wells on the forefront of the internet he even provided a wikipedia link, portraying me as a Nazi.
    Since "the souce of absolute knowledge" wikipedia said it's bad nazi word, clearly i must be a nazi aswell. The argumentation falls apart as soon as we take a look at the second(!) sentence of the more detailed german version of the article [translated]: "Representatives of other attitudes also used this term, although not necessarily in racist contexts."(2)
    Representatives like Kurt Schumacher (member of the center left party SPD, 1930), describing members of the NSDAP as "mobilisation of human stupidity" and "subhuman" as he describes how he got physically assaulted by members of said party. (3)
    Representatives like Hermann Cohen (1904, jewish philosopher) with a whole chapter in his book "ethics of pure will" called "Der Uebermensch und der Untermensch". (4) His wife died in the concentration camp Theresienstadt as one of the 40.000 inmates, murdered by the nazi regime.(5)
    The concept of the subhuman as a loser for a lack of a better word, as someone who does not better himself became prevalent after Nietzsches magnus opus "Also sprach Zarathustra", in which the idea of the "√úbermensch" is a central theme. The nazi ideology infused these words with their pseudoscience of eugenics and their separation between the "aryan masterrace" and the "lesser races".
    The word "subhuman" like so many ideas got hijacked, twisted and perverted by the extreme right.I refuse to give such a detestable ideology the power over my vocabulary.

Buttermilch25, who dislikes naughty language so much he felt the need to report me had no problem telling me to "fuck off you nazi scum."(6) A comment liked by the admin Suchar that would later issue my ban. A bit odd that "The Most Honorable" admin would like a post breaking forum rules.

I understand that insulting people is against the rules. In the heat of the moment we say things which with a clear head we would not express. PR can be a very intense game, and seeing your hour-long attempts to win a difficult game get sabotaged (in your eyes) by one person in a matter of seconds can get someones blood boiling, especially if he gets away with no repercussion.

TL;DR:
    Iam angry sometimes, but iam not a Nazi.

Good luck on your seeding effort to bring PRTA back online. Everything is better than a Candy Van.

(1) https://prteamwork.com/threads/pr-bf2-player-report-risiko94.36500/
    (2) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untermensch
    (3) https://www.reichstagsprotokolle.de/Blatt2_w5_bsb00000130_00192.html
    (4) https://archive.org/details/systemderphilos00cohegoog/page/n22/mode/2up?q=Untermensch
    (5) https://www.holocaust.cz/de/datenba...artha-todesfallanzeige-ghetto-theresienstadt/
    (6) https://prteamwork.com/threads/pr-bf2-player-report-engineercz.36495/#post-319221

___

Thank you for submitting your Ban Appeal, Risiko94. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you. Good Luck!

- PRTA PR Administration

2. Offline
    Risiko94

Risiko94

I can't edit my post and realized too late that Jun means June, and not "Junuary". Happend 3 months ago, not "over half a year", sorry.

3. Offline
    Buttermilch25

Buttermilch25 Foxtrot

"The word "subhuman" like so many ideas got hijacked, twisted and perverted by the extreme right. I refuse to give such a detestable ideology the power over my vocabulary."

Uses a hijacked, twisted and perverted word by the extreme right in his vocabulary. Refuses to give such a ideology the power over his vocabulary.

[​IMG]

And I am very sorry that I rustled your jimmies by calling you a nazi scum, from now on I will refer to you as "unstable incompetent person" (1).

(1) https://prteamwork.com/threads/pr-bf2-player-report-engineercz.36495/#post-319221

cassius23 likes this.
  4. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Games Dept. Head Events Dept. Head Comms Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Head of PRTA PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Some real amount of mind-bending here to permit yourself to use such terms and make it ok to talk down to people.

If you can't talk to people respectfully, or be nice. You can't play on the server. Either apologize, or I am denying this appeal.

5. Offline
    Risiko94

Risiko94

Buttermilch25
    If you don't want to use certain words because bad people used it, that is your right. I won't.
    You didn't "rustle my jimmies", i just pointed out the hypocrisy in reporting an insult while insulting someone.
    Call me whatever makes you happy.

Wicca
    I defended myself against the accusation of being a nazi and explained why i got angry in the first place, two separate issues.
    At this point iam not even sure who i insulted. I don't have the chatlog and the demofile is no longer accessible, atleast not to me.
    Whoever it was, EngineerCZ or someone else, i overreacted. I apologize.

Lorfah likes this.
  6. Offline
    Jack Maddox

Jack Maddox PR Resident Administrator Guest Unit - THOT

Risiko94
    You will be unbanned but any occurrence of this type of behavior being displayed by you again will get you a permanent ban from the community, please work on your behavior.

Wicca likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.