1. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbanned PR:BF2 Ban Appeal - manlet_mongol

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Jack_Howitzer, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline
    Jack_Howitzer

Jack_Howitzer #mlg

Commander
    Moderator Edit: Thread edited to abide by forum statutes

PR Nickname
    : manlet_mongol
    PR CD Key Hash: 41839a5da5654fc99d83c96fd5071c1e

Date: Mar 25, 2019
    Time: 10:00pm
    Map: saarema

Reason: calling fat [redacted] a fat bigger

pls fix ur admins, theyre broken

___

Thank you for submitting your Ban Appeal, manlet_mongol. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you. Good Luck!

- PRTA PR Administration

2. Online
    Suchar

Suchar The Most Honorable Lead Mapper Operations PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    Code (Text):
    1. [19:57:03 TEAM 1] MANLET_MONGOL: fat [redacted] u are
    Fix your behaviour, then we will think about fixing your ban roflmao

Meme mode off

3. Offline
    K-Massive

K-Massive The Great Khan PR:BF2 Trial Administrator IRL Event Attendee

The incident preceding this was some cheeseburger telling us what to do and kicking us (me and jack) from the squad multiple times when we were trying to reason with him :smile: Should'nt he be punished as well? see rule 3.6

4. Offline
    Jack_Howitzer

Jack_Howitzer #mlg

Commander
    [redacted]
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2019 ---
    >report mishap appropriately with report function, and whole admin team dismisses it with no further conversation
    >call abusive SL a fat [redacted]
    >get banned within 3 seconds

well done prta

TabZa, K-Massive and schakal811 like this.
  5. Offline
    agus92

agus92 Resident Moderator PR:BF2 Seeder 9ª Compañía de Infantería

Next time, learn that when complaining, like reporting, one must follow an etiquette, or else he is dismissed. If you insisted properly, maybe it would have been taken seriously eventually. This isn't PRTA specific, all the world works like that, so better get used to it.

Finally, I read one slur more and I'm gonna make the warns rain.

6. Offline
    Jack_Howitzer

Jack_Howitzer #mlg

Commander
    I did report incident in an appripriate way, don't try to twist truth. But it wasn't handled, due to either incompetent or lazy admins. You may pull chatlogs for everyone to see here?

You could've handled my report right away to avoid further drama, but due to admin team's personal dislicking and witch hunt against mongols, it was dismissed. Why is not every report processed equally, do you even follow your own rules? You let situations escalate, and then ban people in an indiscriminate way, is this what you call professional admining?

:facepalma:

7. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Head of PRTA Squad Adminstrator IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Hehe...

There is no witch hunt of Mongols. The simple fact is that a squadleader is in control of their squad. You of all players know that being a dick to other players and kicking them is perfectly acceptable, you just can't handle it happening to you since you think you have some sort of untouchable status in PR. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it ain't so.

Even I the grand supreme leader of PRTA can be kicked by squads, and I do get kicked... I don't make a fuzz about it.. People are allowed to be asshole squad-leaders, you and Massive have done this in the past which makes this report ironic!

This is one of the core values in Project Reality, it is what makes this game different, you as a squad-leader are given responsibility, authority and can decide how the rest of your squad behaves and works. If you want to challenge that concept you need a better argument than calling someone a slur..

The incident was that you did not follow the Squad Leaders orders. Even if it's the wrong order, you are free to fulfill a different role in the game other than APC, you are free to not follow orders and get kicked. Me and Massive (Who didn't use the N-word), played for the rest of the evening togheter having tons of fun, You could have joined us if you just didn't use the N-word...

Let me quote myself regarding the use of the N-Word:

I was listening to you and Chris argue, he informed you the FOB was down, he informed you multiple times to follow him for an attack in a different position. You repeatedly denied and said you were "just" going to destroy the fob, the SL kept telling you not to attack the FOB and follow him. At one point your APC was destroyed since you were taken out by a HAT.

It's written in our rules that you should follow the orders of the squad-leaders, it is also written that you are required to properly man the asset you are using:
    upload_2019-3-26_12-23-48.png
    upload_2019-3-26_12-24-24.png
    upload_2019-3-26_12-24-34.png
    upload_2019-3-26_12-25-12.png
    These are all common sense, now everyone with a brain and a half know you guys are good players and know your way around using these assets and play this game. But following orders are a very basic part of this game, you should know this!
    The squadleader is absolutely in control of their squad, and the assets the squad claims. Sure you have some responsibility to ensure the safety of your vehicle, but in this instance the FOB was already dead, and you would do better following your SL and actually survive.. It sucks to be wrong, but this was the issue here you did not know the FOB was dead, you didn't know a HAT was chasing you.

upload_2019-3-26_12-25-27.png
    Finally you ended up getting banned violating our number 1 rule, what is there to argue here? Why won't you apologize for breaking our rules...
    This isn't Finland, or your apartment, this is our server and we make the rules to ensure the space we share time on is enjoyable to our entire community, not just a small part.

agus92, Lorfah, Temur and 2 others like this.
  8. Offline
    K-Massive

Of course I take my clanmates first, next those who I know to be capable of breathing and thinking at the same time.

I dont bother with people who didnt read the manuel

9. Offline
    Jack_Howitzer

Jack_Howitzer #mlg

Commander
    SL ordered us to fight nme APCs first, we killed one and wounded one badly which got destroyed afterwards. He then asked us to kill the FOB close by, which we tried to destroy and got killed while doing so. We were already destroying the FOB when he suddenly wanted us to warp to other side of the map, which we obviously can't do when the driver (me) is out of the vehicle searching the FOB. I didn't hear him saying the FOB is down at any time.

Also, it's way different that we kick mouth breathers out of our squad in the beginning of round to make room for clan mates, than taking people on squad and then bouncing them around and giving contradictory orders and yelling for them when they are already fulfilling the first order. Your admins could've handled this case right away not letting it escalate but this being PRTA we both know that doesn't happen.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 26, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 26, 2019 ---
    Also its nice that saying the nword is worse than actually hindering the play of others, in this case the whole APC squad. Chrisweb wasted 2 APCs and the whole squad died due to his incompetence and lack of leadership. I don't mind getting kicked from asset squad in the start if someone doesn't want me in (it's happened many times) but I see a problem with the amount pf retardation that chrisweb excersised, hence rule 3.6.

But I guess one sneaky word ruins gameplay more, right?

10. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Head of PRTA Squad Adminstrator IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    I think the issue here Jack, is how you respond to things.

This post you now have written, is much more proper and explain the situation better, instead of just writing the N-Word in allchat.
    You could have started the appeal this way, which explains the situation and scenario to people voting or discussing your unban appeal, instead it is written in an extremely lazy and passive-aggressive manner..

I have always had the thought that each team is made up of their Leaders and Members, and this team had Chris as the APC SL.
    That's how it is, regardless of the tactical and strategic solutions he makes, or who he dismisses or keeps in his squad he is free to do so, and only in extreme cases do admins veer in and correct players, such as free-kit squads or sometimes warning players on the wrong objective. In these instances it just ends up being his word against his word, and as with any squad in PR, the Squad Leader is allowed to dismiss any player for any reason without consequence.

As you obviously point out, you do indeed accomplish good kills, I don't know if Chris told you good job or well done, that's not required of squad-leaders either. In the same way, there is no rulebook on squad-leading or who to kick or not to kick from a squad in PR.
    The FOB was already destroyed when he passed you as you can see on the tracker:
    upload_2019-3-26_14-3-44.png

He was informing you at this time to move, you both kept arguing and you resisted his directions..

I don't know the reason for this, if there is some animosity regarding your regard of Chris and vica versa, but really if you don't like his directions leave, if he doesn't want you in there, he can kick you.

PR is not about having a perfect round every time that sounds like a leftis ideology (You get a certain quota of kills and good rounds), we can't ensure every squad-leader fits your idea of a perfect squadleader, that's an impossible task, and people will have extremely different ideas about it.

You have to experience failure as much as success. You can't have the nice without the sour. Project Reality is not perfect, PRTA is not perfect either! Just don't respond to shit things by doing or saying shit things, do us all that favour.

11. Offline
    K-Massive

I dont know if there is Mongol witch hunt but there is definitely some kind of witch hunt against jack, yes it is obvious

TabZa likes this.
  12. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Well I have no issue with Jack, I enjoy playing with him as much as I enjoy playing with Chris or Ghost or CAS_ual_TY. Cassius has the social ability of a rodent, so he doesn't really care who he bans right or left, so that's definetly out of the question of any bias.

Chris probably doesn't like you, so if there is any "witch hunt" it's on his part, but you do yourself no favors reacting like this Jack_Howitzer using the N-word and making shoddy ban appeals.

Plz...

13. Offline
    K-Massive

Yeah well I dont really give a shit who likes us when the prefix is enough to trigger some people...

Then again we have asked your your admin team are the rules same for everyone (which is why I applied for admin so the rules would be) and we havent received a straight answer so far, I dont think you would have hardbanned just some random guy saying the infamous n word roflmao

TabZa likes this.
  14. Offline
    Wicca

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    https://prteamwork.com/threads/pr-bf2-admin-report-thot-danielj15_.31366/

upload_2019-3-26_14-46-22.png

Just a quick search I did as you can see above.

Do you want me to look up the chat history, and ban history of Jack and how then inform you how we treat people already walking a narrow line?

This is not mongol specific, it's not jack specific. This is just bad behavior we don't want, don't do it on our server and you can play there with everyone else.

15. Offline
    K-Massive

False hackusations by cassius, ill pass

16. Offline
    Jack_Howitzer

Jack_Howitzer #mlg

Commander
    It doesn't matter whether my reports or appeals are approptiate or not, my issues get dismissed by certain admins and I get some special treatment which isnt hard to see. Show everyone the chatlogs so you can see my report of chrisweb and "conversation" with admin. I tried to report it first appropriately, and when that failed i decided to use the n word just to show you how you will react when you see a problem which you want to react to. Why didn't admins react to my origial report, we wouldn't have to have this issue in the first place? You act like irresponsible kids dismissing my reports and then blame me afterwards for my irresponsibilities. Handle the cases right away to avoid problems, unless you want to be unjust and continue this oh-so-obvious witch hunt. Admining isn't fucking rocket science.

Regards, ex lead admin

17. Offline
    filamu

filamu PR:BF2 Lead Administrator

This report came in. The reason why no one reacted to it, is that kicking from a squad is allowed, as long as you are not getting around other rules. Deciding to get some attention, because no admin reacted to this report is not the correct way to go about this. You are not getting special treatment, because this would have been ignored anyways.
    We give Sls quite a bit of rights, so that they can ensure a good environment in their squads and we cant and shouldnt force players to play in each others squads. That is why no one reacted.
    You decided that you should go and break a super obvious rule to ensure a reaction, and yeah, you got it. You proved that we usually react with a temp or perm ban for this.

agus92, GLORYWINGS, Temur and 4 others like this.
  18. Offline
    filamu

filamu PR:BF2 Lead Administrator

I hope you understand that we are not a fan of racist terminology and I am gonna assume you will stay away from it in the future.
    If you have any issues with how we admin, take it up on the forums or a PM to me, and not as escalation on the server when you don't get your will. You will be unbanned after next restart.

agus92, Suchar, Wicca and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.