1. Contact! - Sign ups open now! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PRTA Presents: Contact! A Project Reality Tournament. Read more here.
  3. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Server Issue PR:BF2 Ban Appeal - kurdish-boy94

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by tavana, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Offline
    tavana

tavana

PR Nickname: kurdish-boy94
    PR CD Key Hash: 93878d103db026ee5d90c9bea84fe343

Date:
    Time: 12:30am
    Map:

Reason:

i cant join server in pr. the ping is 2500 just for prta server.plz help me

___

Thank you for submitting your Ban Appeal, kurdish-boy94. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you. Good Luck!

- PRTA PR Administration

2. Offline
    Bastiannn

Bastiannn

Hello tavana

We recently had a couple of players, including you, reporting that they cannot join our server due to the 2500 ping problem. It turns out that what all of you have in common is being from Iran, which as we know has some internet censorship issues, so the problem might be on your ISPs part, or on our host interacting with your ISP.
    Our system admins have looked into multiple things that might have something to do with this issue but they haven't been able to find anything on our part at this time.
    We will continue to look into this and communicate with you if anything arises, please let us know if anything changes in the meanwhile.
    As a side note it might be worthwhile to check RealityMod forums to search for other users who might have had this problem and maybe find a solution that works for you.

Suchar likes this.
  3. Offline
    tavana

tavana

thank you for your reply. for last 2 days it was ok and ping was 150 but today again is 2500. yes we have very strong filtering in iran and maybe its cause

4. Offline
    tavana

tavana

i can use your website without vpn.whay this problem is just for game??

5. Offline
    WeedT0aster

WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB Senior Tester PR:BF2 Administrator Guest Unit - THOT

Environmental sciences and biology 5th unit
  6. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity' Extended LOA

Junior Data Analyst
    Hi tavana,
    I've recently looked into your problem and it indeed seems to be an issue with your country's filtering. I can't tell you why it's particularily blocking prbf2 related network ports on our server but it seems to be a fact. As you rightfully pointed out, the block isn't IP based. Hence why you still can access other services like our prbf2 Mumble server.

You are not the only Iranian player having this issue right now. There is at least 2 other players of which one made a forum appeal just like you and another one contacting me via discord.

If you are adventurous you could install a little linux in a virtual machine, install nmap on it and do a UDP traceroute scan to port 16567 on eu1.prta.co. That may show you where exactly your packets are filtered out.
    Code (Text):
    1. nmap -T5 -sU -traceroute -p 16567 eu1.prta.co

I hope your country is not going to permanently block UDP traffic to us and I am sorry, that I don't have better news for you.

Best regards,
    tobi

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Bastiannn likes this.
  7. Online
    Temexter

Temexter No comms™ Comms Dept. Head Sysadmin Media Team

Humane Techie, Creator
    Squad Name:
    Temexter
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Temexter
    There's as well nmap for Windows.

tobi-the-fraggel likes this.
  8. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity' Extended LOA

Junior Data Analyst
    Yea, there's zenmap. I wanted to recommend traceroute at first and there wasn't a version capable of doing UDP traces on windows. At least none for free. Then I realized that UDP traces with traceroute don't reach our server for some reason. Traces always stop at the last routing server. Dunno why, I am a bit rusty with traceroute and thought if I can't do it that easily then I shouldn't recommend using it. So I ended up replacing traceroute with nmap in the text. I didn't think about the windows version at that moment anymore. :facepalma: :biggrin:

So yea, as temexter said, just install zenmap from the link he provided. That's a lot lot easier. :thumbsup: