1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. PRTA Custom Map Event - Sahel Vietnam - 18:00 PRT, Saturday 26th October. Read more..
  4. PRTA Inter-Unit Battle - 18:00 PRT, Saturday 2nd of November. Read more here.
  5. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  6. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
  7. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more..
  8. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Invalid Appeal PR:BF2 Ban Appeal - crayon

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by crayon, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Offline

PR Nickname: crayon
    PR CD Key Hash: db23d0615e4e77371cf1e76a75b2b148

Date: Jun 27, 2019
    Time: 11:00pm
    Map: dno

Reason: I was in a helicopter

Uh what is this I don't know how long I'm banned for and I IMMEDIATELY apologised for not seeing the trans squad even though it wasn't intentional. Don't even know how long I'm banned for.

___

Thank you for submitting your Ban Appeal, crayon. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you. Good Luck!

- PRTA PR Administration
  2. Offline

To "steal" a helicopter you have to have the intent to take it without permission. I firstly didn't even see the trans squad because the name was so long - my fault but still a mistake is not the same as a crime - and by killing me instead of just warning me the chopper could have (maybe did) crash.
  3. Offline
    Suchar Suchar The Most Honorable

Lead Mapper PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    PR:BF2 Name:
    [R-CON]Suchar
    It was just a temporary ban. Be more careful in the future. You will be able to rejoin the server in 2-3 hours.
  4. Offline

Results after 7 days wtf is this crap.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 27, 2019 ---
    Yea I have over 3000 hours in ARMA3 with a significantly more complex flight model than PR and this experience will basically only ensure that I will never try to fly in PR again, so nice work and especially with such a small community. Obviously could have warned me as both admins have spoken to me personally in-game. Who banned me?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2019 ---
    What is invalid about my appeal? It follows the appeal guidelines directly.
  5. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    [​IMG]

You have been given the result immediately so you can calm down and read our rules meanwhile.
  6. Offline

No you can explain to me how I can know if I'm temporarily or permanently banned - aside from lodging an appeal - when the only message I see is "You have been banned OR temporarily banned from this server".

You see if I was banned for 3 hours, as you say, but then had to wait 12 hours to lodge an appeal to find that I was banned for 3 hours I will effectively be banned for 12 hours. With this circumstance, every temporary ban is effectively a 12 hour ban (you really think I'm going to wait 12 hours to ask how long I am banned for? I'm an adult male, not a schoolchild.)
    You can bind my CD key to my harddrive but you can't work out how to autopost a ban-duration message? Bad joke or?
  7. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    Well yes but actually no.

If you don't want to wait, you can ask in your ban appeal, if you really have to. I answered your reqest providing every information you need.

What are you trying to achieve?

BF2 limitation. Hardcoded. No way to do this. Not that funny for me since I need to deal with you right now. Call it whatever you want, just not 'a joke'.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  8. Offline

Who banned me? I want to know who made the decision to ban a guy who they exactly know would immediately comply with any warning they give.
    BF2 limitation. Hardcoded. Not that funny for me since I need to deal with you right now.BF2 limitation. Hardcoded. Not that funny for me since I need to deal with you right now.

- Your condescesion is noted but I would only be willing to respond in person.

Who banned me?
  9. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    I did.
    Code (Text):
    1. [2019-06-27 21:02:17] !KILL performed by 'CMEN Herdi^' on ' crayon': stealing trans
    2. [2019-06-27 21:02:22] !REPORT performed by 'CMEN Herdi^': sorry
    3. [2019-06-27 21:02:28] !REPORT performed by 'CMEN Herdi^': he was gonna crash it
    4. [2019-06-27 21:02:35] !REPORT performed by '[JWK] [R-CON]Suchar': !tb him tbh
    5. [2019-06-27 21:02:44] !REPORT performed by 'CMEN Herdi^': i am just seeder
    6. [2019-06-27 21:03:11] !TEMPBAN performed by '[JWK] [R-CON]Suchar' on ' crayon': steal + (almost?) crashing trans
    According to the report, you not only stole it but you was also close to crash it. Its more than enough for temporary ban.
  10. Offline

You see if I was banned for 3 hours, as you say, but then had to wait 12 hours to lodge an appeal to find that I was banned for 3 hours I will effectively be banned for 12 hours. With this circumstance, every temporary ban is effectively a 12 hour ban (you really think I'm going to wait 12 hours to ask how long I am banned for? I'm an adult male, not a schoolchild.)
    What are you trying to achieve?

- You'll work it out sooner or later.
  11. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    Is it a threat?
  12. Offline

1. 2019-06-27 21:02:17] !KILL performed by 'CMEN Herdi^' on ' crayon': stealing trans
    2. [2019-06-27 21:02:22] !REPORT performed by 'CMEN Herdi^': sorry
    3. [2019-06-27 21:02:28] !REPORT performed by 'CMEN Herdi^': he was gonna crash it
    4. [2019-06-27 21:02:35] !REPORT performed by '[JWK] [R-CON]Suchar': !tb him tbh
    5. [2019-06-27 21:02:44] !REPORT performed by 'CMEN Herdi^': i am just seeder
    6. [2019-06-27 21:03:11] !TEMPBAN performed by '[JWK] [R-CON]Suchar' on ' crayon': steal + (almost?) crashing trans
    According to the report, you not only stole it but you was also close to crash it. Its more than enough for temporary ban.\

- IT WAS NOT EVEN IN THE AIR OR MOVING FORWARD WHEN I WAS ADMINKILLED. AFTER I WAS ADMINKILLED THE CHOPPER OBVIOUSLY (WITHOUT PILOT) LOST CONTROL. WHEN I WAS PILOTING THE CHOPPER IT WAS UNDER CONTROL AND IN NO DANGER OF CRASHING.

Why did Herdi do this to me? :'(
  13. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    Well, idk. He witnessed it so lets ask him
    Herdi

@Edit:
    Well, he was in trans squad and he was literally standing in front of you when you entered the vehicle. Entering claimed vehicle is considered as stealing.

@EditEdit
    Tracker
    3:15:12 US main base
  14. Offline

Nah it's unnecessary. I can accept a 2 hour ban for not seeing the Trans name however I think if the rule is to be so unyieldingly enforced then the Trans squad name should not be allowed to be anything other than Trans. And maybe if anyone gives a shit find a way to inform someone how long they are banned for automatically.
    @Edit:
    Well, he was in trans squad and he was literally standing in front of you when you entered the vehicle. Entering claimed vehicle is considered as stealing.

- I accept this subject to my aforementioned argument that a standardised rule should be fully standard; squad name must also be standardised. Find a way to automatically inform about ban length.
  15. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    As I said, there is no way to make it. We can't even make ban reason being displayed instead of the generic 'You were banned yadda yada'.

As per
    Code (Text):
    1. 6.10 Squads require to be clearly named (not "C4$" etc.) otherwise they are considered as "INF".
    we will have a closer look at this particular trans squad.
  16. Offline

Sysadmin IRL Event Attendee

Inspect
    mectus11 and Suchar like this.
  17. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Adminstrator IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Inspect, it's because lite admins removes the ability for admins to seed, since they remove the admin rights for lite admins. So that technical solution isn't viable.

Further it's already a policy that seeders shouldn't use admin rights in a full server, the extent of that is up to the lead admin or senior admin managing the server at that moment, and if you find this an issue feel free to make a report. I don't think you should tell seeders "you are not allowed to use admin rights." Feel free to report issues directly to the lead admin/senior admin by DM or use the report form on the forum.

Sometimes admins go AFK and leave the server to a seeder, which is why I really don't want to see drama or people egging on seeders, they do a phenomenal job getting the server up and should be respected the same as admins. However their job is over once the server is seeded, AND an admin is able to take over.

Any further discussion about this, should not be posted in ban-appeals, or random reports.

Thank you for your cooperation
    Inspect likes this.
  18. Offline

Sysadmin IRL Event Attendee

Inspect
    Logs are usually visible in ban appeals or admin report threads. So it's probably understandable that I'm replying to those threads specifically.

I'm just raising the issue up again because in the logs you can see "I'm sorry I used admin commands but I had a good reason." That explanation can apply to basically any admin command.

As seeders don't have a leader, I'm just gonna tag filamu here and stop appearing on every ban appeal.
    mectus11, Wicca and Suchar like this.
  19. Offline

Realitymod Contributor
    Discord:
    Suchar#0655
    [R-CON]Suchar
    Filamu keeps telling them not to do this. Seems like it doesn't work.
    Send them to gulags for a few weeks, they will stop abusing their powers.
    mectus11, izmash and Inspect like this.