1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA - Real Life meetup event Read more...
  5. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Approved PR:BF2 Ban Appeal - cantpicknameiwant

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by cantpicknameiwant, May 12, 2019.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    cantpicknameiwant
    PR Nickname: cantpicknameiwant
    PR CD Key Hash: 06221e5963f06b932743f069f9b4a644

Date: May 12, 2019
    Time: 12:30pm
    Map: BS

Reason: you'd have to ask the person abusing

i am not in the wrong and now that i am banned kicked again .... another admin needs correction.

___

Thank you for submitting your Ban Appeal, cantpicknameiwant. Results will be given after 7 Days. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you. Good Luck!

- PRTA PR Administration
  2. Offline
    PBAsydney PBAsydney Bad hit detection

Donor

Discord:
    PBAsydney#1414
    PBAsydney
    You deleted an active superfob that was currently engaging an enemy tank with it's TOW...
    WeedT0aster likes this.
  3. Offline
    Suchar Suchar The Most Honorable

Lead Mapper PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    [R-CON]Suchar
    Why did you remove a friendly TOW that was engaging enemy armor?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Bastiannn
    I'll tell you the same thing I posted in the internal thread discussing your ban appeal:

Banning admin was me.

We were playing on Burning Sands, I was in the SQ (1, MEC) with the guys who were manning the super fob on Airport & Cantpick was the commander.
    At some point we lost foothold inside the city, at which point Cantpick supposedly was frustrated with the way the team was playing, thus some words were exchanged on the SL chat between TEDF (sq 1, SL) and Cantpick (CO) and he wanted to delete a couple of FOBs to make people go back in the city to contest the flags or smth. I think he also tried to convince them over voice chat, ordering them to go to the flags or smth but when they didn't want to do what he wanted them to, he decided deleting their emplacements was the best way to punish & make them do what he wanted.
    At that point he deleted the airport FOB and TOW, AA didn't get deleted as someone was in it, and I think they also had a couple of side emplacements like mgs/razorwire or something that got deleted, I remember seeing more than 2-3 items getting deleted appearing in the console. The squad there wasn't even useless or anything, they were actively killing inf/assets and drawing attention.
    After that I think he also deleted the Mortar FOB J4. (not 100% sure)
    Weed kicked him after that, and I thought that it was too soft.
    Cantpick then came on the forums and made this topic https://prteamwork.com/threads/kicked-banned-by-admin-abuser.33021/#post-296995 and then went in this older thread to make some salty comment https://prteamwork.com/threads/pr-bf2-player-report-dprc-doctorcox.30467/#post-297001.
    In the meanwhile I tried to reach him on discord with the question "Any reason you did that on the server and now you are throwing a fit on the forums?". He wasnt using discord so no response.
    He then reconnects on the server and I try to get a hold of him to understand why he did that, after being afk a bit he is finally back and decides to make the comments shown in the logs.
    I then decide to ban him, and have this settled in his ban appeal.

Tracker ~3:30

https://eu1.prta.co/servers/prbf2/tracker/index.html?demo=https://eu1.prta.co/servers/prbf2/1/tracker/tracker_2019_05_12_18_05_57_burning_sands_gpm_cq_64_Modern Conflict.PRdemo
    cassius23 and Woxbel like this.
  5. Offline
    TabZa TabZa pro rager

Salt

Mongol shaman and lifestyle counselor
    TabZa
    Mediocre drama, I rate 2/5
  6. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Honestly I would do a better job at formatting than you Bastiannn but other than that good job. Also cantpickname is a good player, he just made a mistake.. please forgive his error.
  7. Offline
    Suchar Suchar The Most Honorable

Lead Mapper PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    [R-CON]Suchar
    I forgive you your mistake, wicca.
    Dragon7722 likes this.
  8. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    That's the beginning of the lord's pray. In all honesty though I think this was a mistake on the Commanders part, for sure. Just apologize and get it over with. Other than that, thanks for picking up the fight and going commander, it can be a thankless job.
  9. Offline
    BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Media Team IRL Event Attendee Guest Unit - THOT

BubblyNinja
    Let's keep off-topic stuff to ourselves.
  10. Offline

PR:BF2 Lead Administrator

Filamu
    I understand that you are the CO, but this is a situation where most players would not leave the position as they knew the tank was there and they could kill it, and would easily write off the CO, but as the rules says, the CO is the commander and SLs are supposed to follow his orders. This is a situation that could have been avoided with better communication by all parties. If you knew he would kill a tank, you probably wouldn't have done this. Try to communicate better when working as CO.

Though considering you didn't calm down half an hour later and deleted an active fob working for your team, a time out was in order here, as respecting your fellow players and not disrupting gameplay are part of our rules too. You are unbanned now, and can join next server restart.
    Fizzinator and =MeRk= BluFFeR like this.