1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Battle, PRTA vs Russian Reality Pros, 20th October. Read more here.
  5. PRTA's 8th Birthday and event. Read more here.
  6. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Done PR:BF2 Admin Report - Boiled-Lobster

Discussion in 'Player, Admin and Server Reports' started by jharkie, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    jharkie
    PR Nickname: jharkie
    PR CD Key Hash: a36b956959fb65fd175113239593f052
    Reported PR Admin Nickname: Boiled-Lobster

Description of the Issue: Entered gunner seat of a stationary vehicle in main, was kicked several seconds later without warning/reason by any admins at all.

I asked admins several times to explain why I was kicked and who kicked me, one admin tried to say that they had used "!w" on me to check if I had a mic but I can 99% guarantee I received no message like that prior to being kicked, as I was actively communicating with my APC squad.

I have also joined teamspeak and attempted to speak to the admins there, as well as in-game and they have not answered me whatsoever.

Date and time of 25/09/2018 at roughly 1:45am-onwards. (Australian Eastern Standard Time AEST)

Date: Sep 25, 2018
    Time: 2:00am
    Map: Shijia Valley

Involved Players: Multiple admins in server, Jack Maddox, Lenzo, Jaden21, Boiled-Lobster, Buttermilch.

Evidence:

All admins in the server refused to help in any way whatsoever, bar Buttermilch who was willing to swap me back to the team I was originally on.

The admin I listed as the reported admin may be incorrect, as it would be whoever it was that actually kicked me according to the server logs if they record that detail.

Disgusting behaviour by admins in general and very unconductive towards a teamwork oriented environment.

___

Thank you for submitting this Admin Report against Boiled-Lobster, jharkie. This Issue will be discussed by all Senior Admins and the Management. Results will be given as soon as possible. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you.

- PRTA PR Administration
  2. Offline

Inspect
    Thank you for your report jharkie . I poked you on TS a little while ago, if you still needed help with anything, but I think AU is asleep now.

Is there a reason you entered a gunner seat on a tank while being in APC squad? Did you use your mic to communicate with the tank crew whether they are okay with it or not?

I'll have to say that this is not true, although response took time. Unfortunately admins are playing the game as well, so sometimes there's nobody to respond. Especially in a confusing situation like this. But pretty quickly after you started asking, admins started to ask around on what happened:

Code (Text):
    1. [16:04:07  GLOBAL]  Jharkie: why the hell was i kicked?
    2. [16:04:38  GLOBAL]  Jharkie: !r why was i kicked without warning/reason
    3. [16:05:31  TEAM 1]  Webad: i think a bunch of people got kicked for free kit
    4. [16:05:45  TEAM 1]  Jharkie: i was in an apc squad, in a vehicle
    5. [16:05:59 T1 SQUAD 9]  Jharkie: !r why was i kicked without reason/warning, and in an apc squad
    6. [16:06:10 T2 SQUAD 2] F|WIQQ Buttermilch25: !r who kicked him
    7. [16:06:19 T1 SQUAD 1] THOT Danielj15_: !r nnotm meh
    Boiled-Lobster was the one who kicked you. When you rejoined, he was doing tank so unfortunately the messages could've gone unnoticed. And as other admins did not know anything about your kick, they couldn't respond anything properly.

But then, about 10 minutes after your rejoin, you are given the ban reason:

Code (Text):
    1. [16:15:49  GLOBAL]  Jharkie: admins, how do i find out which admin kicked me earlier?
    2. [16:16:16  TEAM 2]  Boiled-Lobster: kicked both of you for not responding to my questions
    3. [16:16:23  TEAM 2]  Jharkie: which questions?
    4. [16:16:32  TEAM 2]  Boiled-Lobster: !w jharkie mic?
    5. [16:16:35  TEAM 2]  Jharkie: i saw no messages from you whatsoever
    6. [16:16:35  TEAM 2]  Boiled-Lobster: that one
    7. [16:16:50  TEAM 2]  Jharkie: i guarantee you did not send me that when you kicked me
    8. [16:16:56  TEAM 2]  Jharkie: i was in an apc squad actively talking
    9. [16:17:16  TEAM 2]  Carti: u didnt respong to me
    10. [16:17:23  TEAM 2]  Carti: when i said leave the tank
    11. [16:17:28  TEAM 2]  Carti: and u got kicked u tard
    12. [16:17:50  TEAM 2]  Jharkie: so you kicked me without warning or reason carti?
    13. [16:17:58  TEAM 2]  Carti: xD
    14. [16:18:04  TEAM 2]  Boiled-Lobster: arti is not an admin here bruv.
    To be honest I would be confused as well. No !w command was actually used prior to your kick, so Boiled did not warn you using admin commands. But failing to respond to local mumble is pretty much the same as failing to respond to the mic warning, and if you're physically close to another player it is okay to give out warnings in local. I don't know whether you were preoccupied with your squad or something, because you didn't hear Carti (tank driver) or Boiled-Lobster (tank gunner) calling out for you while you were sitting on the gunner seat. Do you have any idea why you weren't able to hear or respond to them?

How r00d.
    Terrry, agus92, cassius23 and 3 others like this.
  3. Offline

jharkie
    To your first question, the tank had literally just pulled up alongside our APC in the main base, I did not think it would be met so negatively to just be on a turret that literally riflemen can even use iirc.

That's unfortunate that he was playing tank squad at the time when I rejoined, I was also enjoying playing in my APC squad prior to being kicked and not being able to get back to that squad.

I was never given any warning that I was going to be kicked, only a player who did not identify themselves as an admin, and is certainly not an admin (Carti), I was not asked if I had a mic or if it was working, a pretty simple way to figure that out is to see that I was in an active APC squad of 3+ vehicles, requiring plenty of communication and the type of squad that doesn't allow players without microphones.

Boiled Lobster at no point said anything prior to kicking me, and seems to have just been told what to do by other people, without knowing the facts.

I can have pretty bad memory but I know for certain I didn't see that name (Boiled-Lobster) until after I was kicked, in which he then seemed to skulk in a corner so as to not inform me why I was kicked.

As for making up a false reason for kicking me, and falsely trying to cover his ass by saying he had warned me, that's r00d.
  4. Offline
    Mattytoosack Mattytoosack I love cock on my face

Events AREA 94

Call girl
    [PR]VOG|Mattytwosack
    [​IMG]
    Terrry and Danielj15 like this.
  5. Offline

jharkie
    It does say in your own 'About Us' section, under 'PRTA Manager's goals.'

• To have an approachable and friendly behavior.
    I may have lumped multiple admins into that statement because at the time, I still hadn't actually had it verified who had kicked me, as Lobsters earlier statements about supposedly using !w on me lead me to believe that he was mistaking me for another player he had kicked, and may not have been the admin responsible.

Every other interaction I've had with PRTA members and admins has been positive in my time playing Project Reality since 2013.
  6. Offline

Trial Moderator 9ª Compañía de Infantería

Sgto|agus92
    "I was not asked if I had a mic or if it was working, a pretty simple way to figure that out is to see that I was in an active APC squad of 3+ vehicles, requiring plenty of communication and the type of squad that doesn't allow players without microphones."

If you've been playing since 2013 you should know that this is bollocks. Not everyone does mic checks, and some SLs allow friend or random micless roaming around.

Also, if you've been playing for that long, you should know how important speed is for assets: waiting for a dude to vacate the gunner position can mean the difference between getting to a good position in time or not. So, if you're delaying tank deployment AND are being reported as micless, I can totally understand an expedite admin reaction, and so should you. Or you wouldn't appreciate an admin removing a random that is ocuppying your spot as APC gunner?
  7. Offline

jharkie
    I can't account for other peoples actions or lack there of, I do have a microphone and was given no warning by any admin, nor any indication of it coming at all.

I would appreciate an admin who is fair and respectful to all members of their community and adheres to their own rules, the only verbal communication I got was Curtis saying "fuck off" without much context otherwise.

The fact that I was kicked when I was already out of the vehicle just makes it more puzzling as to why that admin then still could type out my name and kick me but not warn me, which again, he did nothing of the sort, feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect here, but I'm confident I didn't even see that admins name pop up(in chat) until after I had rejoined the server.
  8. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    I understand your frustration and I will assure you will have our new admin star FFG protecting you from unfair admins.

Best regards,

Head of PRTA 2020
  9. Offline
    GLORYWINGS GLORYWINGS ''GLORYWINGS''

Squad Name:
    Glorywings
    GLORYWINGS
    He will wish to die
    WeedT0aster likes this.
  10. Offline
    MasterHenaz MasterHenaz You know who carried you...

MasterHenaz
    Apply for admin jharkie please.
  11. Offline

Inspect
    Thank you for this admin report jharkie.

Tracker

Here's how I think it went: You entered the gunner seat of the tank to get a free transport out from main base. You didn't reply anything to the tank crew, because they told you to get out but you didn't want to walk. Or talk. And obviously they didn't have any way to kick you out from the gunner spot you climbed on, right?

How far off am I? Both the gunner and the driver of the tank told that you didn't respond any way in local, and you seem to admit this as well. If you enter a vehicle, it's usually polite to talk with the crew, even just a tiny bit. But you should already know this, as you have been playing the game from 2013. And if they tell you to get out, you do so.

It sounds like you're saying that you would've behaved properly if you knew it was an admin in the tank. That's a bit like saying that you don't deserve a speeding ticket because you would have followed the speed limits if you knew the car behind you was a police car. Admins don't necessarily have to "identify" themselves to you. !admins is available to everyone.

It's not admins job to "figure out" who has a mic and who doesn't have one. Admins act based on reports from players, or if they personally encounter rules being broken on the server. Jumping to the 50cal of a tank and not saying anything is the exact way no-mic freekit PR players usually behave, so I believe you know exactly how it looks. I've personally kicked like 20+ of these types of people that jump in trans without mic and start firing the gun randomly in main base.

Don't bullshit. You jumped out of the tank and got kicked literally one second later. You can go check the tracker for that if you'd like.

---

Anyway. This temp ban wasn't handled with 100% how like it should've been, as no warning was given beforehand. I'm sorry for that. I've discussed this with Boiled-Lobster and warned him to not do kicks or temp bans before issuing a !w. There's cases where you simply don't hear local at all times, could have some Mumble connection issues to some players, or a bunch of other reasons why the voice doesn't work. Warning first gives the player a heads up that mic and mumble is needed, and they should be using it. And teaches new players how to play the game properly before kicking, because the default PR ban reason prompt doesn't give you much detail.

The admin in question mistakenly thought that he had issued a !w, while that wasn't the case. This shouldn't happen again. At the same time, you didn't respond in local for over 20 seconds you spent in the tank, so there's no "making up a false reason for kicking". Lobster did have a valid reason for temp banning you.

I already adressed the "all admins refused to help" and "not getting to know the ban reason". And I wasn't available at the time, but poked you in TS a few hours after this report.

BTW the temp ban was lifted right after it was issued. From now on, be nice even to random people. Who knows, they might be admins. :wink: