1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Battle, PRTA vs Russian Reality Pros, 20th October. Read more here.
  5. PRTA's 8th Birthday and event. Read more here.
  6. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Playing favorites and the no mic rule.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woxbel, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    Woxbel
    This isn’t about drama and I have no intention to partake in it but since Ameen was using drama arguments on discord I will quickly make some things clear so they hopefully don't muddy the waters.

I am writing this post out of my own will and not as a messenger for anyone else. I am also not here to get into the Weed/Ameen stuff. And I have no interest in defending or even addressing Weedtoasters actions.

Ameen I am sorry but I think you are in the wrong here and this whole thing doesn’t look good for You, Infil, PRTA.

I was always under the impression the admin team was supposed to be unbiased and not play favorites. So if someone gets reported for not having a mic and they don’t have one why didn’t they get kicked?

It is quite simple everyone needs a working mic no exceptions it is one of the most important and core rules of PRTA without it PRTA might as well close the server.

Reading Wicca his history lesson it said that really early on they enforced mumble having a mic is just the logical follow up on that.

The following quotes leave me with questions:

[​IMG]

This horrifies me I would like some explanation on it is this actually what Sloan has instructed or is this you misrepresenting the current circumstances. This quote is the main reason I felt like I had to post here since I think: a preference treatment is a very bad standard to set and the mic rule should be enforced without exception even more so for people with actual admin powers.
  2. Offline
    Jack Maddox Jack Maddox Pla-ket-ket-ket-ket

PR:BF2 Seeder

Discord:
    Smile#3048
    Jack_Maddox
  3. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PRTA

Arnoldio
    It is true that more than often we are lenient on the no-mic rule until the server is full. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it really.
  4. Offline

PR:BF2 Administrator Foxtrot

Buttermilch25
    Yes close the project reality server so our glorious leader CAS_ual_TY can finally start the minecraft server! Our prayers have been answered brothers! The time of blocks is upon us! Halleluja!
  5. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Still there is that " Sloan told us not to punish him", they are just ought not do say that at least, not to mention a seeder doing admin work when there was at least 3-4 admins online, no drama intended from me.
    agus92 likes this.
  6. Offline

Inspect
    Was this during seeding round or a full server "real game"? During seeding, there's a lot less requirements for the playerbase. Things like griefing, heavy asset using under 40 active players, and stuff like that are not allowed, but other than that you can roam freely if you're not bothering anyone.

We're not biting the hand that feeds, or in this case, seeds. But on a full server when AAS starts, it's out for all nomics.

This is unfortunately just the reality of PR in 2018. Setting Muttrah and waiting for people to join doesn't work anymore.
  7. Offline

PR:BF2 Administrator PR:BF2 Seeder

Discord:
    dorian #3862
    Squad Name:
    Dorian
    Dorian03
    during "real game"
  8. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Technical Dept. Head PR:BF2 Lead Administrator Lead Coder Sysadmin

Sloan[EEF]
    Lenzo has been actively seeding the server for the past ~12 weeks along with an average of about 5 other active seeders, which has resulted in a 2x-4x improvement in usage - we're up from 200-600 to 600-1000 p·h/day. Going through the maths shows that he can be said to be responsible for around 5600 p·h over the past 12 weeks. This corresponds to 57 hours with a full server (98 people, because of reserved slots), which at an average round length of 54 minutes (https://statistics.realitymod.com/statistics/maps) is about 63 rounds - more than 5 per week.

This is a good enough reason for me, as far as I'm concerned he's earned it by giving everyone else more time on the server. I can't justify kicking someone who has been actively helping the server to the extent detailed here. We have been allowing people without mics to stay on the server whilst seeding for a long time already, and for basically the same reason - they are contributing to a better server for everyone else.

Furthermore, in the medium term, we're going to have a difficult time as the prbf2 playerbase shrinks. We need to get as many potential seeders in as possible, which means seeders with no mics and other cost/benefit trade-offs, to make sure the server can continue to function. There's a very hazardous phase-change from 2 EU servers to 1 on the horizon, after which we could continue to have a high-quality server for a year or more and also give us one or two extra shots at breaking into Squad. We can only do that if we have access to the people that can help us get through that gap, though. Saying "just recruit more" doesn't help, we're primarily blocked by quality requirements for seeders.

Unfortunately the admins don't seem to agree, and I have not yet been able to make wicca take the risk seriously and go all-out for getting the squad server up to avoid a situation where we have no active servers. This puts PRTA in a very difficult situation which I don't yet know how to get out of.
    Chuva_RD and tobi-the-fraggel like this.
  9. Offline
    TabZa TabZa pro rager

Let me share this with you, yet again.

This is merely glancing the subject, and is not to be taken as an opinion on the aforementioned issue one way or the other, or the person/persons related to the incident at hand.

Edit. Rest of the episodes await for a suitable time and thread/subject to post.
  10. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    That's from before I was lead admin, I only found about that in the last day or two.
  11. Offline

Resident Moderator PR:BF2 Administrator Mapper Senior Tester

Discord:
    Danielj15 #3824
    Squad Name:
    Danielj15
    Danielj15_
  12. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Yet you enforce rules on people who have seeded way more than any of the current seeders, I don't see the point of letting him slide out, from what I understood Lenzo breaking rules is totally regarded ok, because you know, he has been seeding for 12 weeks only, not before that but for 12 weeks, I guess Glorywings can now have the ability to break the rules while seeding, because he is one of those people who contribute by seeding thus giving him a pass.
  13. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Terry1
    so fuck the rules to the various randoms who join and troll, then get temp banned for trolling every other day Sloan ? If the admin team disagree with you and your various numbers, perhaps the numbers aren't the true indicator of the quality of the server?

I wouldn't have posted this in public previously, however with Woxbel being a non-member, unaffiliated player who has clearly seen the issue of a seeder not having a mic, maybe we should action upon it? Unless he has a valid reason, like Dhorj has, he should be removed from all positions immediately until he can provide a valid reason for not having a mic.
    Likewise, if this is the repercussion, any player without a mic should be henceforth banned and should apply for a special permit to be able to play without a mic. Lenzo may fit that description and a democratic vote between admins internally would decide this, without one person being the authority on who gets to play with/without a mic.

E.G. dhorj is known by 95% of the admin to not be able to use a mic, we could ban him, pending his application for an exemption. This should carry across all players. Lenzo included. 'Seeder' or not.
  14. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    How do you go from "demonstrably contributes more than 5 rounds per week" to "randoms who get temp banned for trolling every other day"?
  15. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Terry1
    They bend the rules just as much as he does..
    Dr.Bobcat likes this.
  16. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    So not having a mic is equivalent to TKing, flag-rushing & base-rape?
  17. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    No it's not, but isn't it breaking rules?
  18. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    Whatever happened to punishments being proportional to the crime?
    When did that stop happening?
    Temur likes this.
  19. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    When you said " He is a seeder he is not getting punished ".
    Lorfah likes this.
  20. Offline

PR:BF2 Administrator PRTA

Dr.Bobcat
    If someone does X and gets the Y punishment, the next person to do X should get the Y punishment. Easy!

We can't have two wights and 2 measures.
    SucharMistrz likes this.