1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA - Real Life meetup event Read more...
  5. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Muttrah Fort Strategy and Tactics

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by granderslice, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    granderslice
    This is for Akita, who still hasn't learned the game enough to understand WHY having a Fort defense squad helps the team win.
    1. The Fort is a defensible position via destroying US trans helis that try to drop troops in South City, destroying boats that try to land, and destroy CAS as it attacks East City and South City.
    2. The Fort also serves to destroy AAV and LAV that make landing NE of fort and press into city.
    3. The Fort FOB can act as backup for South City when it becomes DEFEND position/flag.
    4. A TOW and AA emplacement can be built to destory Helis, APCs, and BOATS that try to make it to city.

The difference between Strategy and Tactics is: (For Putiteng, because he was confused)
    • Strategy defines your long-term goals and how you’re planning to achieve them. In other words, your strategy gives you the path you need toward achieving your organization’s mission.
    • Tactics are much more concrete and are often oriented toward smaller steps and a shorter time frame along the way. They involve best practices, specific plans, resources, etc. They’re also called “initiatives.”
    Sloan likes this.
  2. Offline

BGB - Grunt

Discord:
    Janus#5189
    PVT_AbuHajaar
    On the subject, I led the squad that was doing fortress defense and I got multiple warnings because my squad was "Free kitting" because we had an AR, MG, Sniper, Marksman, AA, Lat and 2 other kits which i can't recall, all the kits were used to either supress enemy or destroy boats, none of the kits were being useless all were picked by a very good reason, yet I got kicked for no reason by an admin, probably akita since he was the only admin who was picking on us when 10 were online, this is some grade 1 bullshit which u have to discuss with em please.
  3. Offline

BGB - Grunt

Not sure what does it have to do with me or Contact, but alrighty... Happy that you did the homework! :thumbsup:
  4. Offline

granderslice
    Not sure what does it have to do with me
    You asked about the difference between strategy and tactics in game. I was actually playing at the time and couldn't respond. So, there you go.
  5. Offline

RIF - Grunt AREA 94 Guest Unit - GC

make a tow and AA on the corner building close to the water instead you only need 2 people for this gg ez
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    agus92 likes this.
  6. Offline

BGB - Grunt

Geronimo
    I only get mad when I see the HAT at fortress. Remember, a stationary HAT is called a TOW.
    agus92 likes this.
  7. Offline

PR:BF2 Administrator RIF - Grunt

Bastiannn
  8. Offline
    K-Massive K-Massive The Great Khan

K-Massive
    I'd rather have 8 guys on West City flag than fortress :facepalma:
    Taavitiivi1, agus92 and TabZa like this.
  9. Offline

BGB - Grunt

Fizzco
    I think you chose the wrong forum bruh.
  10. Online
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Lead Admin IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    2 players max on fort or just play COOP where other people don't get pissed off when you take people away from the objective.