1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA Map Test Event - Adak, 18:00 PRT 17th November 2018. Read more here.
  5. Currently a reserve server is in use as 'PRTA EU | Modern Conflict'.
    Follow this link to get to its tracker and bf2demo recordings
  6. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Approved MuckelMaster - Germany Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by MuckelMaster, Nov 9, 2018 at 21:26.

1. Offline
    MuckelMaster MuckelMaster Soli Deo gloria

Community Dept. Resident Moderator

PR:BF2 Name:
    Muckel
    Name:
    MuckelMaster
    Germany
    Timezone:
    CET +1
    Who are you?:
    An old player PRTA member and supporter since 2012 and even older P.R. player
    What can you offer our Moderator team?:
    Long background in community work, online involvement in many games and history as PRTA manager. Multiple languages.
    I have read the PRTA Forum Rules before signing up for Moderator. I agree with them and I promise to follow them under all circumstances.:
    Yes
    QUESTION 1) A user posts a spiderman image in an already derailed thread. How do you proceed?:
    Close the thread, if it is really old (1+ year). Kindly notify the user to post the image in the relevant thread and link it for convenience,
    QUESTION 2) A user insults another user, e.g.: "Lol you fucking retard, XYZ. ABC's ideas are awesome". How do you proceed?:
    If it's a first time offense, just a kind but firm clue not to do that. If it happened before, issue a temp ban. Possibly removing the insult from the thread.
    QUESTION 3) A user starts to harass & insult you through a Private Message. How do you respond?:
    Take it lightly, and ask them not to do it. Check what the underlying problem is and try to help the user with it. If it continues after nice reminders to behave, temp ban.
    QUESTION 4) People come/return to our forums because they want to cause drama. What do you do?:
    If they keep returning only to cause drama, remove their forum rights to post.
    QUESTION 5) You see how Lead/Senior Moderator break PRTA Forum Rules without any proper explanation (in order to achieve greater good). What do you do?:
    Check with them what it is about. Debrief to find a better solution for the future. If it does not help, press the issue with a serious talk about their tasks within their role and whether they are fit to continue.
    QUESTION 6) You disagree with the steps taken by Lead/Senior Moderator. What do you do?:
    Talk with him/her. Explain why and hear each other out. If it does not work, keep track of what I disagree with and go with that to a manager, with an explanation.
    QUESTION 7) How did you proceed when you got involved into a bigger argument? What was the outcome of the argument?:
    Hear out the other side. Let them express their opinion and try to find common ground. Mostly they go well and we find a solution that pleases everyone. Sometimes I am just right and pull through. If I am plain wrong, I normally see that mention what's important to me nevertheless while accepting and supporting the better solution.
    GLORYWINGS likes this.
  2. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Community Dept. Head Lead Moderator Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    approved :cat: