1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Joinsquad.com Limited Alpha 12 Test

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Offline
    PRTA Bot PRTA Bot Robot Factory

Providing information for the PRTA community
    Hey gang! A test is on! Heads-up that:

• It's a limited time event.
    • There will be more tests.
    • There are bugs and performance issues. Report!

NORDIC'S DECLARATION OF TESTING

Here's a Alpha 12 playtest for you all to enjoy!

Password: a12threeweeks.

Go to Library > Squad > Properties > BETAS > Enter Password and click "CHECK". Select the branch and it will download. If it does not - restart steam. Servers will go live in 15 minutes from this post. PLEASE NOTE:

WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT SURE ABOUT SERVER PERFORMANCE, IF SERVERS DO NOT HOLD UP THE PLAYTEST WILL BE CANCELLED WHICH CAN BE DONE PRETTY QUICKLY AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

AS FOR NOW THERE IS NO FIXED END TIME OF THE PLAYTEST, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE A LONG UPTIME AT THIS TIME.

Continue reading...
  2. Offline

Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

PR:BF2 Name:
    VTRaptor
    absolutely disgusting
  3. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

PR:BF2 Seeder

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Nothing new, yet better than PR.
  4. Offline

VTRaptor
    How is that better than PR xD?
  5. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Do you even know what PR I am talking about?
  6. Offline

VTRaptor
    What PR are you talking about?
  7. Offline

NATO Potato

Discord:
    LS Swapped Rx7#1093
    BRZbruh
    Pr bf3 lol
  8. Offline

VTRaptor
    That's fake PR.
  9. Offline

PR:BF2 Administrator PR:BF2 Seeder

Discord:
    dorian #3862
    Squad Name:
    Dorian
    Dorian03
    PRBF3 is probably a big scam or something tbh
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 12, 2018 ---
    And RIP fps when v12 gets released.
  10. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Don't judge it before the update is out.
  11. Offline

VTRaptor
    All these things look k00l... But It's almost THREE YEARS since this game was released on steam.

After 5 months of v11 they're giving us 2 tanks, 1 apc, new map and some small, usual stuff, really?
  12. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Do you play the game? Do you own it at least? how many hours do you have? OWI is full of slow turtles that's for sure, but the game is not bad, it's not good but it's not.
  13. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Community Dept. Head Lead Moderator Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    New update will be good, but it won't be revolutionary. There are still some major issues that I don't see in the changelog. Namely:
    • Fix of terrain and map layout. (There are some terrible maps out there, that needs to be fixed.)
    • More living playermodels (Idle animations & animations of players inside vehicles/centrifugal & gravity)
    • 100 player servers
    • Slower gameplay (At the moment the gameplay is too rapid and fast, you usually get rewarded with attacking and being agressive, since it's very easy to overrun a defensive position, even a prepared one.
    • The visuals, although great looking, seem bland in a sense. It is difficult for me to point to one certain thing, but I just get bored, it's perhaps too realistic or too shiny? Not sure..
    There might be more, but generally my primary gripe is just the assets that are missing, Project Reality has helicopters and jets, assets that take a lot of experience and skill to master. I don't see the same skill levels in Squad, simply because those mechanics are not in there.

I know for a fact that good Squad Leaders, as in PR make or break your team. But there is more to that in PR, there are single players, logistics, mortars, CAS & Trans that really give your team an edge in PR, I don't see that same cohesion in Squad.

Looking forward to what Fuzzhead brings, and please bear in mind, although to some this might be a meme, Squad is still in Alpha! They are re balancing the Project Reality recipe.
  14. Offline

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    There is more to what you said, game is running on 80 players servers and it's an unoptimized mess, Imagine that on 100 Players servers.
    The Community modding hub has been complaining a lot about the workshop and the mods in general is being useless due to no servers running any mods only on rare occasions such as community events and testing.

The game have a very long way to yet be ready to get out of alpha, and I don't believe we will ever have any close call to Project Reality in Squad, Could be wrong tho.
  15. Offline

VTRaptor
    excusemewhatthefuck.jpg

Yes, I own the game and I am seriously disappointed. Gameplay, community and content wise this game is rotten egg. Gameplay comes down to zerging objectives from rallypoint over and over again, community is bunch of casuals and it is impossible to find a decent squad without joining some clan and after three long fucking years there is still nothing to see in that game.
  16. Offline

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    My favorite map is the open maps like Yehorivka, because it put's greater emphasis on cooperation between infantry and vehicles for transportation.

This is why 4k maps is what really makes Project Reality shines, it really punishes teams that don't use their assets, such as helicopters, trucks & APCs to transport infantry to and from flags etc.

Similarly the logistical element of building fobs matters more in larger maps than smaller maps.

I am really looking forward to more bigger maps in Squad, less connected foliage to punish infantry trying to maneuver in open terrain without vehicle support, and I am looking forward to assets playing a bigger role.
    I feel Squad is an infantry game still, it's not combined arms. But it can get there, and it will be glorious..

And VTRaptor the community is what we make it, we can create a safe zone of people in PRTA who play on our server, with reserved slots, with our rules with our mindset. And we can define that.

We can focus on maps that are better suited for that kind of play, as opposed to the 1k/2k rush play that we usually see in squad these days.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 12, 2018 ---

I think we can easily say, that squad has more players than PR ever had at any time in it's history.
    GuanYu_ likes this.
  17. Offline

Squad Senior Admin WITS

Discord:
    Guan#6492
    Squad Name:
    Guan

Yeah just ignore that they've overhauled a lot of the game's code and completely changed the way the game will be played, added a fuckload of foundation for future squad updates aswell as improved/overhauled several maps, and edited most vehicle models aswell as added some new features onto them. What will be released in V12 is not all that they've been worked on, they're hiding a lot of shit from us untill it's almost ready to be released. I know for a fact that they do have a working build for helicopters but it just needs a lot of tweaking and testing before they can build the helicopters on it properly.
    V12 is probably the biggest update that they've worked on so far.

The game has not been released yet, that's not how it works with early-access. Most games of a decent size can easily take up to 4-5 years of development time with hundreds of people working on it. Squad has about 40-ish people and i'm pretty sure a lot of those are not full-time either. The game has been in development for around 3,5 years and we are just seeing it happen rather than not hearing anything untill the "official announcement" like most studios do. Most often game developers only really start pumping out content after all the core-features are in place, which usually happens in like the final year of development when they put everything together.

To be fair the optimization since V11.2 isn't too bad imho, if you compare to to where we were with V10's release, they doubled the FPS for me. Part of the V12 update, or at least why it takes longer than they initially planned was overhauling some of the code and the way servers worked to pave the way for 100 player servers and maps of up to 8x8 km, meaning less background work for V13.

They've worked on "modding 2.0" and said it's nearly ready, so i'm hoping V12 will also include that.

Yeah the game still has some ways to go to get out of alpha, the devs said that they were hoping to be "feature-complete" (not content-complete) by the end of this year, i'm hoping they can make it but tbh i think it'll be in early 2019 instead.

Right now Squad is indeed not as "great" as PR is, and i doubt it will be for a long time in terms of content (imagine Squad with every faction, weapon and vehicle that PR has, game could easily be 100GB in size). PR, being built on top of a completed AAA studio game that runs on an old game engine took well over 8 years to get at least somewhat as good as it is today. Squad also is a commercial product, they can't build a game from scratch, on a new engine that's not all that great yet, when having a hardcore playerbase of around 500 people or so, it's impossible. So Squad is never going to be PR 2.0 or anything, it never was meant to be.

I also own the game and can easily say that right now it's hard for me to come back to PR. It's easy to have a great community when it only has about 500 people or less (idk it's not big at least). In Squad it all depends on which servers you play on, some servers are shite, others are almost PR-like (kinda what we hope to do with PRTA Squad). As for the gameplay, V12 will fix a lot of this, moving into the right direction (playtest convinced me of this). This "bunch of casuals" are the people who made it possible for Squad to even continue development for over three years.

Yeah i agree with pretty much everything here, Yehorivka gives me that PR feeling when playing Squad, same with Gorodok in some way, and Kohat. In V12 Yehorivka gets expanded to 5x5 km, and the new map i think is also 5x5km (or 4x4?). The new map is like a mix between Khamisiyah and Kashan Desert, it looks amazing, no doubt it'll bring the same feeling as Yehorivka does.

The community of Squad is what we make of it, on our server we play by our rules, and the game becomes what we want it to become. If people are saying that Squad's community is shite, they pick the wrong servers to play on.

Anyways this was my post of the day, unless i get quoted i guess.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  18. Offline

Lead Mapper PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

SucharMistrz
    We are currently at OMG
    [​IMG]

Hmm, it should be updated for Squad and left on squad forum...
    Wicca, GuanYu_ and agus92 like this.
  19. Offline

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    We can have our own PRTA alert level :smile:
    GuanYu_ likes this.
  20. Offline

VTRaptor
    V12 is probably the biggest update that they've worked on so far.
    With that amount of content you call it the biggest so far xD? You do realise that it doesn't look well.

So Squad is never going to be PR 2.0 or anything, it never was meant to be.

That's where you're wrong. Squad was advertised to us as PR spiritual succesor and that is the reason why major part of PR community migrated there.

And don't get me started on "foundation for future updates and optimization", as this game is not pretty, nor optimized and looks like shite. Seriously, it actually looks really bad in terms of graphics xD. Vehicles feel like someone attached wheels to concrete block, indefinitely respawning on rallypoint and rushing meta is ridicilous. These are the major things that push me away, 1. bad graphics and bad optimization, 2. vehicles mechanics, 3. infantry gameplay meta.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope for the best since I've bought that game and it is the closest thing to PR. There are good things that I do enjoy, that is weapon feeling, effects, FOB mechanics, yet some things I see are simply bad. Maybe I'll give it a shot again, maybe not.