1. Contact! - Sign ups open now! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PRTA Presents: Contact! A Project Reality Tournament. Read more here.
  3. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Approved HV9 - Italy - EU Server Administrator

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by HV9, Feb 14, 2020 at 22:38.

1. Offline
    HV9

HV9 PR Guest Administrator

PR:BF2 Name:
    HV9
    PR:BF2 CD Hash Key:
    a0b97bb77fc2a3aedc69f8aead96d977
    Teamspeak Account:
    HV9
    Discord Account:
    HV9 #5028
    Italy
    Timezone:
    GMT+1
    Referee:
    Wicca
    (1) Tell us about yourself:
    Just a random italian guy who plays project reality in both PvP and coop mode. On a real life note, my real name is Riccardo (translatable as Richard/Rick in english), and I live in Rome.
    (2) Do you have any previous PR Administrative experience:
    Not on PR. Generally speaking however, I do have administrative experience (mainly Team Speak 3 and Discord)
    (3) Why would you be a good PR Administrator:
    I would be the chill type, one to whom you can talk about anything and everything mixing "professionalism" with randomness, but that doesn't esitate to punish someone if punishment is needed. (making honest mistakes is fine, as long as you don't keep up with them.).

Plus. I like to keep myself as neutral as possible.
    (4) What qualities make a bad PR Administrator:
    Rushed decisions (even worse if made without being neutral to the problem) , Giving immediate punishment even for the smallest things, not listening to the users, and of course, abusing his/her powers.
    (5) What is your preferred role in a round of PR:
    Commander, with Trans squad leader being my second choice. Althought, in general, i'm fine with anything.
    (6) If you could change our ruleset in any way, what would you change:
    rule 3.3 is not a bad rule, but doesn't sound very necessary to me... very few people try to roadkill, and it's quite hard to do in the first place. Even if somebody tries to constantly roadkill, they'd usually be killed quite quickly. I'd remove it completely

Also, I would add an exception to the 5.2... Don't fire out of your main unless you are using AA emplacements or it has both a flag and an attack marker on it OR if the enemy team is, for any reason, already basecamping you (this would apply in a main base that is impossible to cap, like the USMC main in Fallujah West)
    (1) Someone is throwing smokes at main:
    I'd first give up to 2 warnings, if the player doesn't stop, the 3rd time i'd kick him. If the player joins back again and restarts throwing smokes at main, I'd kick him a 2nd time warning him that this is his last chance, and if he joins and does it again, I'd directly ban him.
    (2) You get a report of an enemy HAT camping DoD:
    I'd give him only one warning and wait for him to stop, if he doesn't, I kick him... if for some reason they come back and do it again, i'd ban him... although this is not something i would permanently ban someone for, at least not the first time.
    (3) You see another administrator abusing their powers:
    I'd try to make him stop while reporting everything i've seen to an higher authority in the server/community (a manager,basically).
    (4) A player joins the Admin TeamSpeak channel and angrily demands they be unbanned:
    I'd definitely not tell him to calm down... chances are that'd just make him even more angry. Not good. Instead,I'd listen to the player, and if it turns out that, for whatever reason, he was actually unfairly banned, then I'd unban him (chances are, he'll have "learnt" to trust me by the time I unban him,and he'll feel comfortable enough to calm down by himself). If however he is just throwing a tantrum and he was rightfully banned, then I'd just stand firm in the negative answer. and assuming I have the powers needed to do so, I'd kick/ban him even on TS3, if he starts to create more problems to more people even on the TS3 server.
    Do you agree with the Declarations:
    Yes
    (1) Is there anything else you would like to add:
    Feel free to directly ask me questions if you want to know more about me... I can't think of anything else right now. You'll find me on discord basically every single day without any problem, and sometimes on Team Speak 3.
    (2) Tell us a joke:
    Today I tried to play CAS with planes and as soon as I took off with my precious aircraft, i started to lag.

I blame it on jetlag.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020 at 14:51
  2. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Head of PRTA Community Dept. Head PR:BF2 Lead Administrator Squad Adminstrator IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Welcome to the admin team.