1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Got shot down , what are the rules

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Fukster, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Offline

Hello again...

Today i played a round in black gold, and here is what happened.

Was part of the cas squad flying su something bomber with rampo.
    We took down both of the enemy jets, and was time to land for ammo refill.

When taking off from runway and pulling up vertically as fast as i can to take off from the end of the runway i got
    locked and shot down by paranoidmoran and someone else (you guys gotta check from br)

The grid they did this was from A5.

After i died i got switched by autobalance.
    First comment was , " HEY nice you join here to spy our assets" or something like that, well i kinda couldnt help it could it ? i Said since when was it allowed to shoot enemy down when taking off or something like that

And the answer i got from PRTA shadow [r-coy] was

"Hey, happened to me also nothing you can do about that"
    "Next time land from south to north" <-- Well yeah that works, when you know there is enemy aa camping the main runway.

The feedback i had was that being in A5 grid is allowed, well i have to say the distance you see on black gold and the point you have mobile aa gives the possibility for you to shoot 2 grids longer where you are staying at.

So someone could check the br if possible.

Su is slow before it runs at full power, that basically makes your landing jobs and taking off impossible at north direction... if there is aa watching

The reason why i took off to north is simple, i landed from north and it was clear, it didnt even come to my mind someone would camp with aa there.

And there gotta be other solutions to this than enforce pilots to choose landing sides because the point they cant take off from other side.

Thx

Fukster
  2. Offline

I understand your frustration Fukster, but unfortunately I hope you can understand that making a rule about would be impossible. Every map is different, and shooting down jets is allowed in general. However this is a very tin line where it is acceptable and where not by general conduct.

You would have to make different rules for each map. and quite frankly, and AA could have shot you down from further away as well. So if we would make a rule (very stupid but you get the point), do not use AA in A5 to shoot down landing and taking-off jets. Then you could simply be in B5 shooting you down.

To answer your question this is allowed by our rules. Thankfully, it's only in rare cases that AA crewman use this uninteresting and stupid tactic. I'm sorry it happened to you.
  3. Offline

I understand your frustration Fukster, but unfortunately I hope you can understand that making a rule about would be impossible.

Thats not true, there is a rule called

"do not shoot jets that are taking off"
    "do not shoot in to enemy mainbase"

We had that on our server , worked like a charm.

Does this mean, that im allowed to fly over enemy mainbase untill the jet takes off and shoot it directly before it takes altitude ? i mean how that would change the situation ?

That would be the same, i would fly from north and lock enemy all the way from a3 grid and release the missiles instantly the jet wheels comes off the ground and it starts glimbing up.

Thats the problem im trying to tell here

But if this is allowed in the rules then it is, i remember that next time.
  4. Offline

mmm, that could work, sorry that I didn't think of that. The rule about the enemy main already exists btw.

yes you could be a dick like that. but why would you ? where is the fun in that? like I said , these things rarely occur on PRTA. But unfortunately they do.

What you could do is start a vote in our member forum to add this rule, if it passes it will be official :smile: Just make a simple thread with two poll options and you are done.
    (edit, nevermind, only members can do that, I'll do it for ya :wink: )
  5. Offline