I have spoken to many people during my time playing pr, about different issues I perceive are currently happening in PR I felt like sharing one of them in a more public way for once. I want to start off by saying this isn’t meant as an attack on anyone or any community and I am not looking to have a Rage filled thread here this is just my opinion/suggestion that I believe would improve the PRTA server. When PRSD got removed I took a clear step back on how involved I am with the PRTA community but it still is my favorite server to play on even though that isn’t a big accomplishment these days. For that reason but also others I am not willing to take an admin position so replying become an admin so you can help change things won’t go anywhere. I have generally always had respect for the Admins that do that work and have never really been in trouble with any of them. Gamemode votes Democracy is in theory a nice concept and something you can’t really be against you would say. My problem with it is if it’s a 100 person server and the vote is 12-8 in favor of insurgency. That means the total amount of votes is only 20 % of the players ofc everyone had their chance to vote so I understand the: “it’s their own fault argument”. But that argument doesn’t get you anywhere if during that next round the 80% that didn’t vote leaves or gets annoyed. One of the biggest things that annoys me is ins getting loaded up wasting my time I have always been pretty open about it I despise insurgency and am of the opinion that even if you have two really good and coordinated teams the round is at best going to be as enjoyable as an average AAS round. I understand that there are probably people that do enjoy playing insurgency or that despise it less than I do. Most people that I have spoken to that do like it fit in the next two categories: they like to be Bluefor on them or they are generally players I don’t enjoy playing with. I am sure there is a 3th group that just likes them and are players that I would enjoy playing with but they must be in the minority. My obvious solution to the insurgency problem is to have PRTA remove the AAS vs INS vote and just default to AAS. With if you really want to having the occasional evening that you play INS. The benefit of this would be that with this decision PRTA puts itself in a niche that if that server gets seeded and I and other people that dislike INS join we know it won’t get ruined by an Insurgency map creating more goodwill to get people seeding and to choose PRTA over other servers. To be clear upfront I am perfectly fine with having Insurgency during the Seed if that works best. I wrote this post a while ago but whenever I thought about posting it I decided not to since it isn’t really my normal approach but yesterday evening once again another perfect PR evening got ruined so I feel I can’t wait any longer with posting this. The example case of what happened yesterday: 1. Gaza ins server basically seeded 2. Al Basrah loads up I decide to suffer through it even though the whole game was a chaotic troll party and there wasn’t any progress on the blufor side of things. 3. A vote comes up for INS AAS people weren’t paying attention ins wins 21-20 one vote difference with only 21% of the people voting for insurgency resulting in me just closing the game pretty soon after that. 4. I kept an eye on it this wasn’t even the last ins map played this evening.