1. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Announcement Forum update

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Offline
    Temexter

Temexter No comms™ Comms Dept. Head Sysadmin Media Team

Humane Techie, Creator
    Squad Name:
    Temexter
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Temexter
    <title> tag (and attribute as well) can contain only text. It's said on the Mozilla page i linked. So everything will be shown as text. No matter what tags or variables or whatever bells and whistles one puts inside <title> tag inside <head> tag i.e. the page title shown in browser’s title bar (and <title> attribute wherever applicable, shown when mouseover (tooltip)) only text is shown. Like i suggested, i can't control what XF puts in page <title> especially as rich user names are used, so the user name is a link of a certain color (by primary user group). Like said i would be glad to fix this, but i have no means. Nor time. Thanks for reporting this anyroad. No hard feelings m8 :smile: Besides, i'm still on indefinite LOA, so i'll leave this now. Have better things and more important issues and commitments IRL. See you some cloudy day again :oldman:

2. Offline
    Sloan

Sloan Proper planning prevents piss poor performance. Technical Dept. Head Sysadmin Lead Coder

Sloan[EEF]
    URL?

3. Offline
    Woxbel

Woxbel

I agree with you I am not saying fix it so it handles the tags. What I am saying is don't put tags into it.

The Xenforo variable that is generating the current thing has tags in it and is used to generate a link to the users page it isn't the right variable there is one that just contains the username I seem to remember(not sure) use that one instead.

It will still process the Xenforo variables. Or if such a variable doesn’t exist just remove the current variable and replace it with something generic like “Userpage” which is still better than a bunch of html.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-page-title-for-main-forum-index.41644/

Something like that sort of shows how to do it for a different use case but still. Yeah totally understand prefer meeting on a nice sunny day if it is all the same to you.

https://prteamwork.com/contact/ Sloan That was just an example of a good page though most pages are fine so far only user pages like https://prteamwork.com/members/sloan.1199/ cause the issue

Sloan likes this.
  4. Offline
    Temexter

Temexter No comms™ Comms Dept. Head Sysadmin Media Team

Humane Techie, Creator
    Squad Name:
    Temexter
    Temexter
    upload_2019-11-3_23-12-33.png

No rich username anymore, just username (so no link either, but does username on member view page really need a link to itself :wink:

I probably have thought so back in the day :biggrin:...
    edit: Actually IIRC the username needed to be a rich username in the old XF version to show the user group colour (and link).

upload_2019-11-3_23-12-59.png

So thanks again for pointing this out. I took the time to look at it even though i am on LOA (try to be) as i truly am a perfectionist and a nitpicker. And it's fixed now. So everyone happy now i guess. CYA :oldman:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity' Extended LOA

Junior Data Analyst
    After watching this project over the last like 2 months the only thing a man can say is .... really awesome dude :thumbsup:
    That's the first major update to our website in years and I'm glad you had the balls to grab that mess our website had become and eventually put it back on solid ground Temexter
    The result is invaluable. Thank you so much for this!

Temexter and Wicca like this.