1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. PRTA Retro Map Pack Event, 18:00 PRT, 24th November 2018. Read more here.
  5. Currently a reserve server is in use as 'PRTA EU | Modern Conflict'.
    Follow this link to get to its tracker and bf2demo recordings
  6. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Suggestion Few rule things

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by MasterHenaz, May 21, 2017.

?

Should the action be tweaked?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  1. Offline
    MasterHenaz MasterHenaz You know who carried you...

PR:BF2 Name:
    MasterHenaz
    Rule 2.4
    1. Do not join a squad and take a kit without asking the Squad Leader first.

Lets say a person joins a squad and takes a sniper kit and leaves the squad with no permission from the squad leader. He gets reported but he only gets warned.

The person only got warned which means basically nothing to him
    -He will probably get a kick if he does it again

WHAT IF
    When someone steals a kit from squad and he gets reported for it, he gets !kill commanded.
    Would mean a lot more for the squad he stole from + He can't keep the kit he stole.
    Repetitive stealing would issue the kick/temp ban
  2. Offline
    GHOST_-DK- GHOST_-DK- "We are neutral in Finland, we attack everyone"

Games Dept. Head Lead Tester PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Foxtrot

Studying architecture
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA GHOST_-DK-
    GHOST_-DK-
    Problem would be that individuals could take advantage of this and falsely report the guy with Sniper kit to get the kit himself.
    But if that wouldn't be a factor, then yes it would make a lot of sense punishing the "kit thief" with more than a warning.
  3. Offline
    VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

Teacher
    Vatsug
    If you report someone in your squad saying "**** joined our squad only to take a sniper-kit, he's lone-wolfing now". I'd most likely warn him, watch what he's doing and eventually remove him from the server for being a lone-wolf. When people join my squad to request sniper kits and leave again without giving a reason - I kick or ban them for an hour or two. I tell them first why they're being removed so hopefully next time they play on the server they'll be more cooperative.
    Timelord148, ArkUTD and Dr.Bobcat like this.
  4. Offline
    MasterHenaz MasterHenaz You know who carried you...

MasterHenaz
    False reporting is wrong and should be dealt with the instructions given. You can false report from any other rule as well so no problem thinking that kit stealing is the only one.

Why do you have different standards for different squads?
    TabZa and Taavitiivi1 like this.
  5. Offline
    Timelord148 Timelord148 RIP diet

Squad Name:
    Timelord148
    Timelord148
    MasterHenaz, my guess is that when it happens in his (read: VatsugC's) squad he knows what's going on with 100% certainty. He probably can't know that instantly when he isn't around to see the kit being taken and the individual leaving, which sets up the problem for a !kill punishment: people might report someone whom (fairly) took a sniperkit, just because they want the kit (like GHOST_-DK- said).

That being said, as much as I'd love to see lone-wolves be killed for taking a kit and leaving the squad they took it in, I think that the current rule and the way admins treat it is fair and that the rule (or the 'action') shouldn't be changed.