1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Don_Wuerstel kicked for not teamplaying

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Don_Wuerstel, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Offline

ingame playername: Don_Wuerstel
    Date: 07.10.2012
    Time: 17:00 ish GMT+1
    [server] prta falklands 100
    [Map] falklands
    Accuse: i was accused of not teamplaying. i was immediately kicked/timebanned for 10 mins.
    [Plot] i was playing sniper and spotting enemy sqads and soldiers. while i was squadleader (of a sqad called "snips" for sniper)
    i tried to defend the mountain in the middle. i was short on ammo and running around searching kits for ammo. i was kicked/timebanned with the reason: "teamplay"
    while i was interacting with my squadmembers, like telling them where i saw a fob and spotting enemies and such, i don't think i was being much uf a loner.
    [Evidence] -
    - Admin / chat logs -
    - In-game screen shots -
    - Battlerecorder -

after all i don't think i was annoying or being a loner or anything thelike. i would have also liked not to be kicked, but to be warned first.
    or at least adressed in any other way than kicking. and if you adressed me in the chat but i didn't pay attention, i am very sorry.
    normally i am a reasonable guy you can talk with.
    0,02€
  2. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Wicca111
    Hello! I was the admin who kicked you i think.

The reason was you had the sniper kit. The only kit in the falklands that can laze is the sniper kit. And as such, you were not communicating with the CAS afaik. Nor any other squad. And your squad was completly spread out.

If you dont know how to be a sniper. Then dont snipe.
    sanderhh and Vistamaster01 like this.
  3. Offline

thank you very much for your quick answer.

i do see your point, and you were right: i did not communicate much with cas. (while i think i called in cas once or twice, but defenitely not as much as i should have)
    may i ask what your kit was at that time?
    oh, and i still would like to know why you did not adress me on that lazing issue via chat.
    to the issue about a spread out squad: a sniper squad is usually not more than a sniper and a spotter. i do not know how to find a spotter on falklands, and also i did not want to lock my squad on a full server, i hope you do understand.

also, i find your last sentence very rude. i do know how to snipe, and i do know how to laze. please try to make a point without being offensive.
  4. Offline

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    My point is you are like everyone else who snipes. You just snipe. The idea is to be a forward observer, tell squads about enemies, use that lazer more. Use your squad as a defence so you can keep giving the team intel. When I see a squad called Sniper squad, spread out. I do not see teamwork. So you were kicked for that reason.

My kit was officer, I was attempting to capture flags and hold them, while at the same time directing CAS down by using grids and keypads

If you ever create a squad on PRTA without the intent of actually leading it, you are in the wrong.
    Wiggles369 likes this.
  5. Offline

i really doubt you could give me much advice on how to play pr, but thank you for your intentions to do so. :smile:
    i do understand that you prefer to kick a player before talking to him.
    and i do understand that you do not wish to talk about that.
    anyway, thank you for your time.
  6. Offline

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    On a 100 player server, I would prefer to open some room to mumble users and active teamwork players. As you understand how we want gameplay in PRTA now. I think I should have warned you before I kicked you. Still you state that you know how to play PR. And that just gives me the impression that you dont really care about the "community" or team when you play.

I could spend 10 min trying to convince you to play PR like we do in PRTA. Or I could spend 20 seconds removing your squad and making room for someone else.
    dogmaster(NL) likes this.
  7. Offline

Most PRTA admins will when the server's full keep a watchful eye on anyone with a sniper kit.
    In my experience after 3 years of PR playing it is a lone wolf no comms magnet and whatever the map about 95% of the time it is used in this way.
    On the Falklands this kit becomes vital as it's the only kit with a GLTD. If we don't see a sniper lazing on the map, or communicating via text it isn't likely to last, as a sniper it may well be worth joining the air squad, or at the very least having an Officer with you to communicate with them via mumble.
    Wicca and WarraWarra1 like this.