1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Contact! - End of Campaign. Read more here.

Democrat Party Predictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CAS_ual_TY, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Offline

Events PR:BF2 Administrator IRL Task Force Media Team AREA 94

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    PR:BF2 Name:
    CAS_ual_TY
    Hola,

time for another shit show.

So, who will win? My favorite so far is OBVIOUSLY the huge spanish part in the first debate. Cant wait for Mexico to annex the US eggs dee.

Seriously tho, I think itll actually be Bernie or Yang. Bernie because he is already popular, Yang because he is actually trying to be unique (imo he actually is unique).

It really feels like half of these candidates just wanna promote their book.

Joe Biden cant win. I mean: https://joebiden.info/
    Imagine what Trump will throw at him if he is his opponent.

2019/20 will be great and funny years

thenks mens
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Administrator

Smek_
    The only candidate who has a serious chance of undermining Trump is Biden, I hoped Sanders could've contributed to a healthy discussion to be heard worldwide but nothing of substance comes out of his mouth. He is more of a meme now.. sad to say.

Tulsi Gabbard seems like the best of the bunch. This also leads me to the question of when will the left ever have their Ron Paul moment?`
    If you remember how he was treated, it grew a lot of mistrust towards the media amongst those who valued liberty. Tulsi has been somewhat treated the same due to her strong opinion on US foreign policy i.e. Imperialism.
  3. Offline
    BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Media Team IRL Event Attendee Guest Unit - THOT

BubblyNinja
    Uncle Joe is back and ready to take a hands-on approach to America’s problems! Joe Biden has a good feel for the American people and knows exactly what they really want deep down.
    [​IMG]

Yes sanders is a big meme. Biden has best chances against Trump that is if he doesn't get shafted.
  4. Offline

Smek_
    Yup but this is nothing in the eyes of the electorate.. They do not seem to care about the rampant pedophilia and deviating behaviour frequent in Democratic Party.
    Biden is a threat due to the fact that most of America is not Alt-right or Portland Antifa but voters who are likely to simply vote for the candidate who they expect to gain the most from. If he somehow convinces them to vote for him, Trump may still win, but not close to the landslide against Killary.

Biden could try a lot of things but at the end of the day, he has been in politics for over 40 years, now he all of a sudden wants to change things? Trump pressed on this argument towards Hillary and it will work just as good againt Biden. So if Biden is the nominee he will be totally rekt but it could actually help the democrats putting up a D-Moderate cause at this point most of them are hard left and to save any credibility for the future they need balance.
  5. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    I just hope Americans get universal healthcare coverage and more work unions
    Jamil_12345678901 and agus92 like this.
  6. Offline

Smek_
    There is ways of dealing with these things without raising taxes or redistributing assets and that is through legislation. If you write laws pertaining to mandates for employers to insure every employee with possibly a carrot in the form of tax cuts or other tax schemes to incentives and get business owners, unions and CEO's onboard for such a reform. If the market has yet to establish such a thing which rarely is the case now a days, such a reform would be rather welcomed by all parties involved and making sure pre-existing conditions is all covered would be an easy thing to do, on the other hand which is the reality of the situation, where you have a market already setup, having mandated coverage of pre-existing conditions from the given day of effect will have such a devastating "incursion" on current prices that it will mess a lot of things up, driving healthcare premiums way up, see and understand ACA.

The problem with this is that government is not forceful enough. Now I say this as a ancap but if we are to live up to the notion of democracy and the epithet you put on yourself then surely do whats right and balance out inequities experienced through such a reform, whether it be to totally lower taxes for a given amount to the ones with current health care plans etc. I mean, its all about will power and the people making the decisions. I trust what Trump is doing but im not holding my breath.

Edit: Also, having a 700 billion dollar military budget and an empire does not help this whole thing in any fucking way.
  7. Offline

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    This shit is great

It will be 2 great years next, tremendous years
  8. Offline

Smek_
  9. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster The APC is pounding the FOB

Senior Tester PR:BF2 Administrator Guest Unit - THOT

Environmental sciences and biology 5th unit
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedTOaster1
    The memes are going to be joyful.
  10. Offline

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    I really hope Yang gets more platform.
    Im done with all this competition of who is the most family friendly most moral and white knight person that has ever existed.

What you said Smek about Biden getting the Nomination might be very well true, which would seriously disappoint me.
    I disagree with Yang but atleast he is someone I can actually respect. Personally I havent rly seen anything of him that comes close to what I have mentioned in my 2nd written sentence (might be wrong tho).

What about Democrats splitting up? I mean you have the corporates, the hardcore left extremists, and the moderates (which prob have the least platform imo, sadly). Could this be the point where you finally get more than 2 actual parties?
  11. Offline

Smek_
    When I picture such a scenario I cannot help but to see the different interest groups that are under the umbrella of the Democratic party somehow go against eachother which is unlikely. They have been propagandized into defining a common enemy "the populist right","Trump" and once that kind of polarisation sets in people align with the different sides and it plays out for a long time in different ways through the layers of society. They know they are weak alone and must stick together at every cost in order to not loose all that they have. If they were to seperate themselves from eachother and pursue conflicting political agendas it would be equal to suicide for the right is growing stronger by every year and is firmly united on basic issues that are in need of reform.

The most probable outcome is if somehow the populist left and right get together like they did in Italy and undermine the center/moderates. But that seems unlikely in America when they are red eyed commies :tounge:

Regarding Andrew Yang, I had not seen him before and watching this video he seems very reasonable and what he does is atleast presenting policy, however I do not agree with universal income and even though he is right in what the increased consumption can do for the US economy there are far greater things one can do to get the same results without creating such a radical thing as universal basic income. I'd rather see mandates from the government and price controls than ubi since it practically means you are giving away money for free to people who dont work a single hour to get it. At least mandate higher wages and let people work for it, will mess things up just slightly less

12. Offline

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    Dont agree with that either. But atleast he tries to be reasonable.
    His platform is not "orange man bad" or "hey check out my new book". Cant say that about a lot of other candidates.
  13. Offline

Smek_
    Exactly and that is what the left has practically boiled down to which is sad.

Hopefully, a type of rational left will rise from the ashes of the last 100 years of social democracy in the west, something that can hold true to the main principles of equality while not being burdened by Marxism. Thats I guess something you alluded to earlier in your posts but will it come from the US or Europe?

When I ask that question I start thinking about Denmark where if I am right its the left that is pursuing an anti-immigrant agenda?
  14. Offline

Smek_
    Also, lets keep an eye on the events unfolding around Epstein, tons of stuff will probably come out which will be relevant to the election..
  15. Offline

banReflex
    Yang won't get anywhere because he's way too shallow. Biden is center right guy with 0 ideas, he'd most likely lose to Trump and if he'd win nothing would change. Harris has grown a lot in the polls because people think she's progressive but her record and her walking back on her statements says otherwise. Bernie has the best record of any US politician, actually stands up for what he believes in, actually gets things done and has a very strong platform that the majority agree with. He's the best candidate and would also easily beat Trump.

lol@ democrats are too far left Smek, most of the candidates aren't even for medicare for all.
    agus92 likes this.
  16. Offline

Smek_
    Harris seems like a strong leader, educated women, but no women will be president in the near future. Bernie is alright aswell, he is genuine and he means well but he just isnt smart enough, imagine what kind of megaphone he has with his message and he keeps rambling on about the same damn thing over and over again. I would like Bernie to go up against Trump cause it can be a good dialogue between two ideological rivals. Like a healthy conversation for the nation.

But, is that what you consider the ultimate threshold for being considered too far left? Medicare for all?

If you want to expand healthcare, expanding medicare to the a younger generation of citiziens will not do anything but to expand the financial troubles of america since its already an unfunded liability in that sense.. expanding it will just put more gasoline on the fire.

The demographics wont allow our generation to expand social programs and make social reforms in this sense.. Too many people retiring, too few working
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  17. Offline

banReflex
    No, it's just an obvious example of how centre right the party is. Most ideas that you people call radical are about giving people access to healthcare, education, equal opportunity in life and less pointless wars.

The "how will we pay for it" excuse is one of the dumbest when they're spending so much on bs like the military and tax cuts for the super rich.

Bernie - Trump debate would only show how clueless Trump is about any actual issues, not sure how that would be good for the nation and I can't believe how some idiots still support the guy after all this time.
    agus92 likes this.
  18. Offline

Smek_
    Choose your words a bit more carefully.. :tounge:

Anyhow, most of Bernies ideas are flawed and actually coming up with the money for political reforms isnt part of a right wing conspiracy to spend even more on the military.. its kinda what its about.. getting money to do things.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-real-cost-of-medicare-for-all
  19. Offline

banReflex
    Every other developed nation has socialized healthcare but suddenly the wealthiest nation in the world can't afford it. Give me a fucking break with the bullshit. Same goes for free college, a living wage, expanding social security and all the other position Bernie holds.
    agus92 likes this.
  20. Offline

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    Alright. Ban I know you, you know me, and intentions... Not gonna say anything more XD

But actually going into your point, because it is something a lot of europeans dont understand, I have finally understood the fundamental thinking behind american, well, laws I guess.

The american constitution does not grant rights, it acknowledges them.
    1st, The right of free speech and free thinking etc.
    2nd, The right to protect yourself. It is seen as natural to try and protect your family from outside threats, just like animals do. And this is the different thinking from europeans.
    etc.

EU CUCKS think: "Why would you give everyone guns and the right to own them"
    US CHADS think: "Alright, you have the natural right and instinct (just like animals) to protect yourself and your family and loved ones, so I will have to accept that you can own a gun"

And this thinking of "natural given rights" goes further to universities, health care etc. It is NOT your natural given right to be able to visit a university and it is NOT a natural given right to always be healthy (also these arent human rights either. Human right includes not being hurt, thats not the same as having access to health care).

Personally, I am in favor of these 2 things. But I do not think that, atleast in my own country (Germany), it is very well done. Atleast how universities function and are funded etc. that comes with a lot of problems including state structure but also how people think right now.
    Some general counter arguments (from both EU and US):

- Free university is made so that everyone can study. No financial barriers. In Germany you can request extra funds from the state for that if your financial backround is rly bad. Fact of the matter is, however, that these funds are often still not enough to be able to study (I had a room mate, parents died, he got that fund, but it wasnt enough; Luckily he mined some bit coins in 2012 which helped him in the end)

- Why would the construction worker without any degree have to pay for my diploma? Why would the german tax payer pay for the diploma of some vietnamese?

- (Germany specific) you get "child money" as long as your kid is getting education and is under 25 (I believe) living at home. Thus a lot of parents make their children sign up to university so that they get the money, without the child actually visiting it a single day and doing other things instead. (Again I personally know a lot of these cases, but this is also a structural flaw imo, and it reaches into different fields as well, but still a flaw involving free uni)
    Smek likes this.