1. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pending Brotherscompany - Portugal Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by BrothersCompany, Nov 10, 2019 at 21:58.

1. Offline
    BrothersCompany

BrothersCompany CMENseed Powah PR:BF2 Administrator Seamen

Name:
    Brotherscompany
    Portugal
    Timezone:
    +1 GMT
    Who are you?:
    I am Brotherscompany
    What can you offer our Moderator team?:
    lm active and lm always checking Discord and l check at least 1 time per 1-2 days the Website. l can help out by moderating things and keeping in check if some troller comes by or conversations start to go on the wrong direction or racism is starts being used.
    I have read the PRTA Forum Rules before signing up for Moderator. I agree with them and I promise to follow them under all circumstances.:
    Yes
    QUESTION 1) A user posts a spiderman image in an already derailed thread. How do you proceed?:
    Either: 1) Lock the thread due to it being derailed or 2) Warn to get back on topic otherwise the post will be locked
    QUESTION 2) A user insults another user, e.g.: "Lol you fucking retard, XYZ. ABC's ideas are awesome". How do you proceed?:
    l would ask for people to be respectful and avoid using of offensive language and have a civilized argument as well as to remind them that there are Foruns rules that should be followed.
    ln case it continued l would mute the problematic person and in last case lock thread.
    QUESTION 3) A user starts to harass & insult you through a Private Message. How do you respond?:
    l would ask for him to stop and be respectful, the rules still apply on Private messages. ln case that person continued mute him, in the very last case ban him if the user keeps showing this kind of behavior
    QUESTION 4) People come/return to our forums because they want to cause drama. What do you do?:
    Ask that person to stay on point of the Post and to avoid talking about things not related to the Thread. Remind them that Drama isnt allowed on the Foruns and if he continues Mute the person and last case ban his account
    QUESTION 5) You see how Lead/Senior Moderator break PRTA Forum Rules without any proper explanation (in order to achieve greater good). What do you do?:
    l would private message him and remind him that even tough he was trying to make everything alright the rules still have to be followed. The other option is to start a discussion on the internal foruns or Discord
    QUESTION 6) You disagree with the steps taken by Lead/Senior Moderator. What do you do?:
    Discuss it internally on Foruns or Discord
    QUESTION 7) How did you proceed when you got involved into a bigger argument? What was the outcome of the argument?:
    l tried to get my point across using arguments and being respectful to the other player
    (Ban appeals)

We were able to discuss and get our points across and realize what happen

Yrzn, Daniel, Peeshcheck and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline
    Rooky_Ghost

Rooky_Ghost Bishop of Niceness Poutine Platoon

Freeloader.
    This player once called me a [REDACTED].

Konami64 likes this.
  3. Offline
    agus92

agus92 Resident Moderator PR:BF2 Seeder 9ª Compañía de Infantería

But you are a [REDACTED].

Rooky_Ghost likes this.
  4. Offline
    Pantyfas

Pantyfas Community Dept.

The Iberian Inquisition is coming to PRTA.