1. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Approved Bl00dwurscht - Germany - EU Server Administrator

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Bl00dwurscht, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Offline
    Bl00dwurscht

Bl00dwurscht PR:BF2 Administrator Donor

PR:BF2 Name:
    bl00dwurscht
    PR:BF2 CD Hash Key:
    1fcace27dfb1ee56e757c4c62ad4da83
    Teamspeak Account:
    Bl00dwurscht | Patrick
    Discord Account:
    Link not working
    Germany
    Timezone:
    UTC+1
    Referee:
    None
    (1) Tell us about yourself:
    I started playing PR back in 2012/2013. I have been part of the [QRF] until we dismantled the group.
    At the moment I am studying at university and thats why I have some free hours here and there.
    Sometimes when being on the PRTA server it looks like there could be another hand needed in "handling" the community and the rule-enforcement.
    Do not get me wrong. The staff is doing a good job (most of the time) but on some days there are just one or two admins playing and they are sometimes a bit overwhelmed by what is going on at the same time. That´s where I would like to help out! :smile:
    (2) Do you have any previous PR Administrative experience:
    I have been admin on [QRF] Server for several years. (Some of you might still remember this server :smile: ]
    I have been an admin on PRTA aswell until I took a break on playing Project Reality.
    (3) Why would you be a good PR Administrator:
    I already have experience as being as being admin and there have never been complications with me having the admin rights.
    +
    The time I currently have.
    (4) What qualities make a bad PR Administrator:
    Taking personal advantage of being an admin.
    No communication between the admins as a group.
    Taking personal rivalries between you (as an admin) and any player (which is not an admin) into the game. Even if you do not like someone (maybe for a good reason) you got to handle him/her like everyone else.
    (5) What is your preferred role in a round of PR:
    That really depends. Back when I was being an admin I often did "Trans" or "Commander" because it gives you the opportunities to deal with more reports than being a medic for example.
    Mostly I do Trans, medic or hat/lat.
    (6) If you could change our ruleset in any way, what would you change:
    I just checked the rules again and I have no point I would disagree with
    (1) Someone is throwing smokes at main:
    If it blocks critical vision of teammates or even assets (smoking heli pad or something) I would warn the person first. Either by chat or if possible even by microphone. If he keeps disrupting I would kick the person out of the game.
    (2) You get a report of an enemy HAT camping DoD:
    Since the HAT is not in my team I would try to contact an admin that is in the opponents team. I am sure we could figure out was it going on. If the person is firing into our DoD we will make sure the action stops.
    (3) You see another administrator abusing their powers:
    Thats a tricky situation but I know those things used to happen alot back in the days.
    I would try to speak with the other admin via voice (preferable in TS). Maybe he had a bad day and I would try to convince him of stopping his behaviour. If he does something too cruel or he ignors me I would try to contact a senior admin to tell him/her about the admin.
    (4) A player joins the Admin TeamSpeak channel and angrily demands they be unbanned:
    I would try to remove him of the room and if I got the time I would go in a seperate room with him. First thing to try is: Calm him down. Second is: Tell him who to speak to/where to apply for an unban
    Do you agree with the Declarations:
    Yes
    (1) Is there anything else you would like to add:
    Keep up the work. I am happy that there still is a PR community that keeps the game running :smile:
    (2) Tell us a joke:
    Want to hear a joke about paper? Nevermind it's tearable.