1. If you think someone deserves attention for their great work, shoot them a kudos here:
    Kudos Thread If they have done something really unique, consider recommending them for a medal here: Medal Nomination Form
  2. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  3. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.

Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Philrow, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Offline
    Philrow

Philrow PRTA Platoon Leader PR Boomers

PR:BF2 Name:
    Philrow
    Thoughts regarding this?

For those who don't know, last weekend or so, Origin had a small leak regarding BF4 beta. It said that if you pre-ordered MoH:WF, you'd get beta access. Today, they released a new trailer for MoH, where it said it aswell, and within a few hours, official statements came from both EA and DICE.

At first, I was quite disappointed at DICE, and lost almost all of the remaining hope I had left for them, but I've gotten some hopes up after thinking a bit about it.

BF3 was most likely/hopefully toned down due to the consoles being weak. Now with the new consoles around the corner, DICE could perhaps have gotten their hands on developer versions of them, so they could make BF4 for them (which would be a very, very smart move by Sony and Microsoft). With new powerful consoles, they could hopefully work directly on PC, and port it to consoles without worrying that it'd be too heavy for the current consoles, thus allowing for more complex things, such as commander, over 64 players, larger maps, more destruction and proper squad systems.

All of that could though be wrong aswell, and DICE/EA just being horny for more money, releasing as many rushed games as possible.

2. Offline
    Brainlaag

Brainlaag LeetyLeet

¡Viva México!
    This sentence is all you need to answer your questions.

Keksilol and noam like this.
  3. Offline
    MadJackVane

MadJackVane Mad as

Game Designer
    DICE has got a dev version of the new consoles so it is very smart to cash in a new BF, I would have liked to see a new Bad Company before a new BF.

P.S I thought the same way when I first heard, I thought it was just going to be like a CoD copy and Paste of a game.

4. Offline
    Brainlaag

Brainlaag LeetyLeet

¡Viva México!
    BF3 is already a prime mainstream example of assembly line trash. Now that they have their engine settled for the next few years, they'll just spit out clones to earn some money. Don't be naive, thats how the world goes around.

5. Offline
    MadJackVane

MadJackVane Mad as

Game Designer
    I like to be nave ... :frown: makes the world look like a batter place.

But no, I do think it will make a huge difference graphics wise on the (new)consoles = more £££ just for the people who will get it because "it looks nice".

I hope they push frostbite 2.0 to the full extent of its capabilities for console with BF4

6. Offline
    Wh33lman

Wh33lman

well, EA did have a break in over the weekend.

7. Offline
    Sr.Bambino

Sr.Bambino PRCD

if they allow the code to be modded then we won't have problems. But considering these fucks get hard-ons for money and don't care about doing society justice and making a proper game... we'll probably be playing PR for the next 8 years until the ARMA guys figure out how to make a game that actually plays well.

MadJackVane likes this.
  8. Offline
    Wh33lman

Wh33lman

9. Offline
    Vista

Vista Beautiful Alien

Vista
    If they release mod tools for BF4, one thing is for sure - FUCK DLC

10. Offline
    Philrow

Philrow
    Would be pretty sweet if they made some sort of PR for it then, but I doubt it, especially as PR2 might be in development right now + BF2: PR and Arma 2: PR

11. Offline
    Brainlaag

Brainlaag LeetyLeet

¡Viva México!
    And DICE won't release mod-tools for sure. BF4 is still based on the FB2 Engine, and thus we'll hear again "derpaderpaderp, it's way too complicated".

12. Offline
    BlackRush

BlackRush

I still like to think they will release some kind of SDK for BF3 after all the DLC is released.

13. Offline
    semtex

semtex Server & Website Administration

Not very difficult to say something about it in general. The way of Battlefield 4 is clear - at least in my opinion. EA is a stock company. They have to do, or in this case publish, what the biggest shareholders prescribe.

Consequent thinking lead to the point, that we reached with BF4. A rigid game, that tries to pretend diversity, with two or three "Downloadable Content" packs. All those shit, that they present us as addition, new game stuff and so on, was available by default (e.g. in BF2).

Just remember the huge promotion performance of Battlefield 3, in releation to BC2. They advertised a 64 multiplayer mode. That's been already available in 2004!

14. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Events Dept. Head Community Dept. Head Games Dept. Head Head of PRTA Comms Dept. Head PR Lead Administrator Squad Lead Admin Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Im hoping for planetside 2 MMO type game. Just modern.

15. Offline
    Philrow

Philrow
    Eh, it've been in development for max 2 years. No way they'd be able to create that.