1. We are temporarily shutting off our North American server. It will be ready for 1.6, will you?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum update. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Happy 9th birthday PRTA! Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. PRTA Community Update - September 2019. Read more here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Guest, would be great if you'd chip in here. All support is greatly appreciated!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Battle information - dates and info

Discussion in 'Information' started by Wicca, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Offline
    DusanYU

DusanYU حزب البعث العربي الاشتراكي في العراق IRL Event Attendee Salt

WMDs
    PR:BF2 Name:
    DusanYUgoslavia
    FFG? That explains it all now...

2. Offline
    gwaihir

gwaihir Professional server feedbacker

FFG probably got balance advice from his TZ buddy M42 "One shot kills" Zwilling

GJLA likes this.
  3. Offline
    fecht_niko

fecht_niko POV Leader IRL Task Force

You dont need a tester for the obvious balance issues I mentioned.
    I suggest a rework on that to avoid cry baby drama after the match. (when RIF lost xd)

Carti likes this.
  4. Offline
    Mattytoosack

Mattytoosack Events AREA 94

The entire point of the custom maps were to provide faction match ups which wouldn't happen normally in PR. To make a more unique experience. This will inherently lead to balance issues, since the way we are using them was not the intended purpose. However, since we can control what assets the factions get that makes it possible to do this.

Our goal wasn't to have strict symmetric balance, it was to give each team a fair fighting chance to compete with the other team on each map. Some maps have symmetric balance and others turned out with A symmetric balance due to the factions that are on that map. The reason for that is because the unwritten comeback mechanic for the tournament is the loser of the previous battle has the ability to choose the faction with better weapons/vehicles. Which might seem small in the grand scheme of everything, but a bonus none the less which is what a losing team might need to kick start their comeback.

The whole argument about balance is just a crutch for people who are too afraid to leave their comfort zone and for those who cant/refuse to adapt. Thats not to say balance should be ignored, but as long as each team has the ability to counter what the enemy can do (however small that maybe) I would consider that enough to be a fair fight. If you cant out skill them, out play them.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  5. Offline
    Bullseye2550

Bullseye2550 build stuff

Discord:
    Bullseye2550#7545
    Bullseye2550
    i like it and it will be fun to get scared of an "enemy" m16 sound when you shoot with an m16 roflmao (ok, you can hear the difference with burst and auto)

6. Offline
    VTRaptor

VTRaptor (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Balance wise it's mostly ok, only few being the exception.

Marlin: Puma vs BMP-1 is no no, and it's not just because Puma is 30mm+thermals, but also because BMP-1 will die after every single LAT instantly, whereas Puma should easilly withstand polish LAT and retreat before getting hit another time. And the BMP-1 ATGM sucks ass(slow projectile, retarded fly path, long reload vs faster rocket travel, straight flying, two tubes ready to fire). Overall it'd be better off having just Rosomaks vs Pumas APC or BMP-1+Rosomaks vs Pumas APC(no IFVs) if there was a goal to go asymetrical. As of now it is simply unbalanced. But this will be just for prep, so experiencing it can be beneficial.

Thunder: Namer vs Bradley - namer can only damage bradley in the rear armor, .50cal to front or sides deals no damage, also Bradley - can splash infantry and pick a fight with tanks.

Hades: BMP-1 vs Type 86G - chinese ifv has thermals and 30mm(it might even have a bit stronger armor to not die after 1 lat, not sure though) and they also get thermal AT vehicle.

Asymmetric balance is when both sides have different advatages over each other. Not just one having all the advantages.

Marlin is just not what it's about. Poles have no scopes on AR, worse rifles and worse APCs (rosomak included)
    Thunder is somewhat better on that regard. If I follow correctly, both are scopeless factions, therefore IDF has upper hand on that regard, but asset wise USMC should be better off.
    Hades has many other assets, therefore downsizing the problem, but still - MEC BMPs and AT BRDM only exist to counter chinese assets, whereas chinese assets can do just that and also effectively fight INF.

Other than that - it's fine, but next time more people should have say, because from what I've seen it is FFG alone doing the thinking.

Carti, Wicca, fecht_niko and 2 others like this.
  7. Offline
    Alex sweedensniiperr

Alex sweedensniiperr 9001 non-mumblers kicked

Student
    Squad Name:
    alexo
    alex.sweedensniiperr
    debatable. But poles have potentially better HAT.
    Us has scopes.

You see, management we are all appreciative of the maps and they're 90% fine. But knowing tournaments and knowing us there WILL be outcry after some of those maps played because players will feel cheated/bullshitted.

8. Offline
    VTRaptor

VTRaptor (⌐ ͡■ ͜ʖ ͡■) Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Only the HAT will be able to effectively and smoothly kill Pumas on spot, whereas every german LAT will be able to do the same - more LATs - more opportunities. It does give some advantage to poles, but that's it, they'll have to make good use of that.
    I'd even say it's better off just leaving BMPs in main and saving tickets, because it won't help infantry in pushing something, nor they won't kill enough enemies to "pay" for themselves. Crew+BMP is 14 tickets, so every time it dies miserably - full infantry squad equivalent goes dead-dead. It could possibly focus only on hunting down Pumas, but that's risky and HAT should do it better+without risking that much tickets.

I thought it's going to be scopeless USMC vs scopeless IDF on OP Thunder, because afaik scoped IDF version was removed(even from the files), so if it's true, then the faction that already have advantage in vehicles will also have advantage in INF, so it'd be way worse than Marlin.

9. Offline
    Suchar

Suchar The Most Honorable Lead Mapper Operations PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    Yeah, there is no more IDF with scopes, even within the game files. US has scopes right now on Thunder but they will be exchanged with usmc_iron in an update for the tournament mappack (soon).
    If you talk about the balance, you can think about IDF using desert camo on Thunder (they don't have woodland camo at all) roflmao

10. Offline
    cassius23

cassius23 crashius23 Coder Foxtrot IRL Event Attendee

Isn't IDF uniform like super green?

11. Offline
    solidfire93

solidfire93 AREA 94

about the APC issue on Marlin, can't we switch it to 1 Tank, 1 IFV, and 1 APC for each team, i know the BMP1 is still shit but it could be used for hunting Tank or the other Puma's !

12. Offline
    Alex sweedensniiperr

Alex sweedensniiperr 9001 non-mumblers kicked

Student
    Squad Name:
    alexo
    alex.sweedensniiperr
    The soldiers are kind of green. The vehicles are 100% desert.

13. Offline
    fecht_niko

One of the few moments I absolutely agree with the 10th best polish player.
    Next time more people who know the game and their assets apart from Kiwi.

14. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Head of PRTA Squad Adminstrator IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Great points VTRaptor I will go over them with FFG and Suchar and see what they are willing to change. I can't force Suchar to make a bunch of changes either cause he might go mad and stab me. :rolleyes:

Either way we all want whats best, and I can only hope we can reduce the issues to simple technicalities.

15. Offline
    Suchar

Suchar The Most Honorable Lead Mapper Operations PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Mapper Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów

Realitymod Contributor
    It's already happened but it seems that you survived.

16. Offline
    gwaihir

gwaihir Professional server feedbacker

Well i think uniforms and camo doesnt matter that much. in PR due to old clean graphics everything is so easy to spot no matter what camo inf and assets have especially the further the distance is, since it all becomes kinda dark anyway. for example if you look at bushes that are far away with infantry in it, no matter the camo, the uniforms just blur in with the bushes which is i guess due to how the engine handles that. i never had problems spotting because of good camo in this game. the only exception in my opinion is silent eagle because of how dark it is which is perfect for the dark camos germany and russia have

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Alex sweedensniiperr and Wicca like this.
  17. Offline
    Wicca

Wicca Project Founder Head of PRTA Squad Adminstrator IRL Task Force Potato Regiment

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    [​IMG]

Contact! Ahead! 64M!

Suchar updated the files, and as he said a few days ago he has been working on a small update for the tournament mappack. It is mainly bugfixing and some balance - related fixes.

Changelog:
    • Operation Falcon:
      • Fixed crash at 15%
      • Fixed kit restrictions system not working for vehicles
      • Removed tanks
    • Fools Road:
      • Fixed russian ACV
    • Operation Thunder:
      • Exchanged US Army with scopeless USMC
      • Updated localization
    • Khamisiyah:
      • Added jets as an exception for off-map DOD
    • Mappack installer:
      • Added a possibility to change an installation path

Since we had a few people having issues with installing mappack correctly, Tobi prepared a small step-by-step manual on how to install it properly.
    At this point, we do not expect more updates for the tournament mappack.

Tournament Task Force

INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAPPACK INSTALLER

To make the process of installing the mappack as easy as possible for you folks, we made this little installer for you → https://eu2.prta.co/mappack/Contact_Mappack.exe
    The installer uses the standard path to project reality as default. That path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2

If you have installed project reality to a non-standard path on your system, you need to alter it accordingly. It's important however, the last part of your it is "Project Reality BF2". Your pr root directory.

So, how does it work?
    1. If you already have maps installed with a previous mappack, deinstall them using the deinstaller mentioned below!
    2. Download and double click Contact_Mappack.exe
    3. Confirm using admin rights
    4. Now you are getting asked for the installation path. Again, be sure to double check it ! Then confirm installation clicking 'next'
    5. You'll now get a warning about the path already existing. Ignore that warning and install regardless.
    6. Finish by clicking on 'install'
    The installation is done now and you should check your 'levels' folder for the tournament maps. Standard path to it is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reality\Project Reality BF2\mods\pr\levels
    The tournament maps are appended with '_ttt'. When scrolling down the folder you should see a few like 'fools_road_ttt'.

You can deinstall the maps when the tournament has finished by executing 'unins000.exe'. That file should be in your project reality directory.

Enjoy and good luck during the tournament!
    tobi / tournament-admin

Mattytoosack, solidfire93 and Daniel like this.
  18. Offline
    FFG

FFG My OCD makes Teamspeak look pretty. Guest Unit - GC

Self employed
    Just figured I'd throw this idea nugget out because POV seems really upset.

The person who loses, picks the faction for the next battle.... Some of these maps are 2-5% in favour of one nation over the other to help make come backs possible.

19. Offline
    fecht_niko

? no one is upset, I just care about balance unlike you, thats why POV switches or gets switched for balance on a daily basis.

Its just embarrassing to see you and some of your friends stacking on public servers.
    I have never seen Liam, Mats, you, ... , joining the losing team but always switching for the better one.

Edit: But if you are talking about being upset why no skirmish 8 GC vs 8 POV (without Based admins, inb4 polaks...)

Dr.Bobcat likes this.
  20. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel

tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity' Extended LOA

Junior Data Analyst
    It's more then obvious that you have issues with FFG. There is no need to get personal however. Leave those statements in your pub next door plz.

I mean, don't get triggered you know. Be the smarter boy and give your response on the battlefield. There you can kick butt and your whole team will even be happy with it. :kiss:

Love, peace, flowers
    tobi