1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Battle, PRTA vs Russian Reality Pros, 20th October. Read more here.
  5. PRTA's 8th Birthday and event. Read more here.
  6. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Approved Agus92 - Spain Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by agus92, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Offline

Trial Moderator 9ª Compañía de Infantería

PR:BF2 Name:
    Sgto|agus92
    Name:
    Agus92
    Spain
    Timezone:
    CET, PRT+2
    Who are you?:
    Easy going engineer. I try to be funny from time to time, but I geet serious when there's shit to be done.
    What can you offer our Moderator team?:
    Balance to the force . Now seriously, I like to mediate. I always listen to all sides on an argument.
    I have read the PRTA Forum Rules before signing up for Moderator. I agree with them and I promise to follow them under all circumstances.:
    Yes
    QUESTION 1) A user posts a spiderman image in an already derailed thread. How do you proceed?:
    Depends. Spodermans usuually appear when the thread is about to die. If I deem that the spiderman will be one of the last posts, I let it slide. If, on the other hand, the thread shows signs of being active afterwards, I remove the post, and remind the poster of Rule 1.7 (spam).
    QUESTION 2) A user insults another user, e.g.: "Lol you fucking retard, XYZ. ABC's ideas are awesome". How do you proceed?:
    This is a clear violation of Rule 4.2.1. As such, I would edit the post to remove the insults, leaving the relevant content unedited (if there were any). Warning through PM would follow.
    However, if said insult is VERY CLEARLY understandable as a jesting between two friends, I would take no action.
    QUESTION 3) A user starts to harass & insult you through a Private Message. How do you respond?:
    I can tolerate harassing, if made with a purpose of understanding. Not everyone has the same treeshold when it comes to being pushy or harassing. There are good chances I'd had to remind the harasser that regular channels exist for w/e he was complaining about.

The same tolerance can't be applied to insults. I would discuss the issue with senior mods, but I guess warning/tempban depending on how bad they were.
    QUESTION 4) People come/return to our forums because they want to cause drama. What do you do?:
    I would try to de-escalate interviening in threads.

If we are talking about "drama for drama's sake", with no compromise in sight, I would remind the culprit of Rule 4.2.8 (no drama), along with 1.13 (modz rulez). If the issue persisted, tempbans would be necessary.
    QUESTION 5) You see how Lead/Senior Moderator break PRTA Forum Rules without any proper explanation (in order to achieve greater good). What do you do?:
    Loaded question. Assumes Lead/Senior mods are acting properly, but doesn't say if I detect that or not.
    If I would understand by myself the "greater good" behind the action, I wouldn't do anything.
    Otherwise, I would discuss with them in private the reasoning behind their actions. Since the question implies that the mod was acting properly, I would understand and learn.
    QUESTION 6) You disagree with the steps taken by Lead/Senior Moderator. What do you do?:
    Discuss the action taken privately. If no understanding was found, discuss the issue with other lead/senior mods.
    QUESTION 7) How did you proceed when you got involved into a bigger argument? What was the outcome of the argument?:
    I've been tangentially and frontally involved in plenty arguments in PRTA already. Browsing through my posts will get you a better answer than I can give you.
    tobi-the-fraggel, Yrzn, Wicca and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Terry1
    +1
    agus92 likes this.
  3. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Community Dept. Head Lead Moderator Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Awesome, try to find me on teamspeak tommorow for a chat.
    agus92 likes this.
  4. Offline
    GLORYWINGS GLORYWINGS ''GLORYWINGS''

Squad Name:
    Glorywings
    GLORYWINGS
    nice and good luck my friend
    agus92 likes this.
  5. Offline

PR:BF2 Seeder Elite Infiltration Force

Discord:
    =SOG=BROKEN_ARROW#2244
    ameen
    Good luck
  6. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Community Dept. Head Lead Moderator Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Welcome to the Moderator Team agus92 you will be a trial moderator until we have you trained up.
    agus92 likes this.
  7. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Terry1
    [​IMG]
    ameen likes this.
  8. Offline

Donor

Squad Name:
    jybbe