1. General Comments
- While players are of course individually responsible for their own actions, the chain of command is there to reinforce the rules and act if necessary.
- Commanders are responsible for the punishment (with approval from the admins) of individual(s) who break team-wide rules.
- The admin team is responsible for any individual(s) who break tournament wide rules.
- The Tournament's ethos is to provide an environment for players to engage in organized, teamplay-orientated matches that meet high standards of tactical game-play and are hosted in a spirit of good sportsmanship and fair play.
- The ethos is upheld by the rules and regulations set forth by the Administration. All players are expected to follow these rules and any new published additions or corrections. The Administration makes all decisions based on this Ethos, while taking other potential factors into account.
3. Sign-ups & Clan/Community Restrictions
Acceptance of Applications
- The Tournament Staff along with the Team Commanders reserve the right to reject any applicants they believe will engage in activities detrimental to the Tournament or in breach of the Tournament Ethos.
- Any user who has been kicked, due to inactivity, can request to be re-added to his original team (not the opposite team) by submitting such request via support ticket. The request will then be considered by the tournament staff along with his SCO/CO.
- Any user whose signup is rejected by the tournament admins, can submit an appeal (One per Campaign Only!) via support ticket, to be considered and discussed by the PRTA Staff along with the SCO/CO of each team.
- Any user who is banned on the PRTA Forum can appeal by talking to a PRTA manager on teamspeak. Being unbanned on the PRTA forum does not automatically mean that his signup will be accepted.
- Any appeal to be allowed to play in a campaign is limited to a grunt position. No user will be accepted to return and take an officer position, in that specific campaign, after his appeal.
- The use of All-Chat is not allowed for any reason except by SCO/COs and Admins for running the match. Anyone who breaks this rule will be punished. Don't complain - unbind the key before the match!
- The team-chat is only to be used for information that is important to the whole team. It is up to the officers to make sure that everyone only uses it when necessary or to set up rules that specify the use of team chat during a match.
- Anyone cheating will be banned from the tournament, teamspeak, and forums and their information will be passed to all Project Reality server administrators for a general ban. You will no longer be able to play Project Reality if you use cheats.
- Exploiting either known or unpublished/unknown bugs will not be tolerated and will count as cheating. If there are questions about what is and what isn't considered a bug/exploit, the Team Commanders should ask a Tournament Admin and refrain from using them until a decision is made.
- Anyone not reporting other players that are breaching these rules are considered accomplices and may also be severely punished.
6. Prohibited Actions
- Intentional team-killing will not be tolerated. This includes before, during and after the battle.
- Players who team-kill risk being kicked from the server. Team Commanders are given the right to request the removal of players from the server for team-killing.
- Any punishments post-battle need to be team side and will, of course, be backed by the tournament admins.
7. Battle Cycle
- Each battle-cycle begins on Sunday and runs for two weeks. The first weekend is reserved for a team training activity and the second Saturday at 18:00 UTC is the battle day.
- Maps are played in a pre-set order which will not be changed.
- Factions are decided by the loser of the previous battle. The deadline for decision is the Sunday after the previous battle (i.e. the next day) at 19:00 UTC, and the choice must be submitted in the appropriate thread. If a team fails to choose a faction in time the factions may be chosen by the other team.
- The server information will be released 45 minutes prior to the battle start time. Players should start joining the server 15 minutes before the battle starts.
- At the battle start time, the map will be reloaded and the battle will be live.
9. During the Battle
- The server will run 1 live round of the map that had been previously decided and announced by the administration.
Battle Results Release and Battle Review
- There will be an official announcement of the winner of the battle the day after the battle (or later if complaint review is necessary).
- Battle Recorder / PRISM recording in conjunction with screenshots and chat logs are what the Administrators use to determine the validity of complaints and to issue penalties.