1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Project Reality When did you start playing or stop playing PR?

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by Wicca, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Offline
    deviro deviro Provides coverage of the Battlefield

Media Team Senior Tester Foxtrot

PR:BF2 Name:
    deviro_
    ffs ghost...
    GLORYWINGS likes this.
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

[OD-S]Filamu
    PRMM master race.
    Zrix likes this.
  3. Offline

Tester Foxtrot

jamil_12345678901
    I was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and found this game. Then i discovered i was gay so i joined foxtrot. The rest is history.
  4. Online
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    First map?

Mine was Jabal, could not beleive everyone in my squad had mics and did as I said. Literally had a brain orgasm at that point and fell deeply and passionatly in a game... wtf is wrong with me. :banghead:
  5. Offline
    Clund Clund No longer retired Nerd.

Studying phsics; self-employed
    Discord:
    Clund#9475
    Squad Name:
    SH| Clund
    Clund
    I forgot to mention that I searched project reality on youtube prior to playing it. Obviously I only found BD42's videos and got through him to PRTA. Those were times. So I was a DRK at some point :confused:
  6. Offline
    tobi-the-fraggel tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity'

Sysadmin Donor

Junior Data Analyst
    tobi-the-fraggle
    Up-to-date Drakelings Discord.
    [​IMG]

roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao
    FlyingR, agus92, Temexter and 6 others like this.
  7. Offline

deviro_
    My first experience was years ago, around 2010 it must be. I randomly downloaded this realistic mod for BF2 to see what's up. I was on Mutrah and joined a Turkish squad (didn't really speak English), must've been the AP guys. Didn't have a mic, so they kicked me. But I remember huddling in a corner building with them and then an APC came and was shooting at us. Then I forgot about the mod for years and when the news came out that it didn't require BF2 anymore I said fuck it, let's really try and get into this, might be cool.

So I try harded - I played the Forgotten Honour 2 mod for a few weeks or so to get my feet in a more serious environment. And then I got PR again. Read the manual like a try hard and started playing on the servers. PRTA was a European one, so I played here more. Met some cool people like DJ Bob, Kiith, Deckelsmouk, Ark and Ghost, who were great squad leaders.

Wow, somebody remembers PiexelEnemy? I remember watching their videos of BC2, not being able to play it myself. oof.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  8. Offline
    Clund Clund No longer retired Nerd.

Studying phsics; self-employed
    Discord:
    Clund#9475
    Squad Name:
    SH| Clund
    Clund
    Fuck. :blackeye:
    agus92 likes this.
  9. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.
    Pink_Panther
    Hey guys I am serious about this, and actually I did start playing at ver 0.97.

After 3 years of gameplay, I had turned into a real cringy fuck. Multiple times people would come out to me on SL chat and say "Oh, hey ! Its the Pink Panther... How are you ?" And I would just answer, shutup ! I am the Pink Panther ! Or ; I am the Pink Panther, Shutup !
    I had lost all my patience with people, and I was so busy honing my skills and winning games that I had lost my decency.

But actually it turns out I am far from being an asshole when I compare myself to the game's communtiy.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  10. Online

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    are you serious?
    Heskey likes this.
  11. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.
    Pink_Panther
    Yes I admit it, and it relieves me.
  12. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería Donor

Teacher
    Tnte|Camel
    Once upon a time, life happened and my brothers and me exploded into separate directions like dragon balls.

Back then, we used to play vanilla BF2 together, and afterwards, we kept playing for the longest time. As weird as it sounds, I think that kind of kept us in touch, because we really suck at keeping in contact but it was kind of easy to poke one another to play some BF2. For that reason, that day in 2013 when news came up that GameSpy was being shut down (and vanilla Bf2 with it), I knew I was fucked.

I frantically looked for alternatives to keep playing something with my bros, and some random website mentioned PR. It was 2013, just around v1.0, I think. The idea of some military nerds modding The Game to bring realism and unnecessarily complicate things didn't appeal to me at all, at first, but I really was desperate to keep playing with my brothers, so I gave it a shot.

My first map was Operation Marlin, MEC. I joined a squad where some dude from 3dAC (I think) literally took the first 5 minutes of the round to explain how things are going to work in the squad, sticking together, following orders and so on. I was impressed by the patience and generosity with which he hand-held a bunch of newbies and explained the basics of PR gameplay. There was so many things to learn, I was instantly hooked!

Btw, I also remember perfectly well the first firefight where, for a change, I did not die immediately. I was hiding prone behind hard cover, bullets crashing all over the place, determined not to do something stupid and die again, my heart running with excitement. Whew, man! The feels!

I know that nowadays there seems to be a thing with these very tough guys around measuring their dicks and seeing who is more toxic, but for me, they don't represent PR. For me, PR will always be the place where (in spite of all that noisy bunch with ego issues), teamwork and community is still valued above everything else.

PS. My bros turned to League of Legends, pray for their souls.
    Aurorian, FlyingR, cassius23 and 7 others like this.
  13. Offline
    Pronck Pronck Admiral General Pronk

War of Terror
    Pronk
    I started playing around .83 or something, right after the release of Karbala. Back when every kit had binos, when mumble wasn't mandatory and 100 players servers a PR players wet dream.

I stopped just after 1.31 . With the playerbase declining, communities falling apart, I decided to play different games.
  14. Offline

Discord:
    PBAsydney#1414
    PBAsydney
    Started around 0.7. Have yet to git gud.
    Aurorian, Lorfah and GHOST_-DK- like this.
  15. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster For god & country, Geronimo

PR:BF2 Seeder Tester THOT

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    I remember that my first map was Muttrah on free candy van, and honestly, nothing changed from then till now, still the same dir4me, the first thing I did was spawning in the USMC carrier and trying to get into a helicopter. and of course, there was the kit requirement to pilot a helicopter, I didn't know that, but thank god I didn't try to fly it AT FIRST, then I asked dozens of times in all chat like a nerd why I am not able to fly a helicopter, then someone from MerK clan if my memory doesn't fail me said: quit being a retard and read the manual, of course I didn't know what did he mean by that, so I asked him what do you mean by reading the manual, he said just read it, and then I asked him where do I get the manual so I can read it, and he just said nvm you're a retard, and since then my PR personality stuck with me as the retard, joined PRTA in 2015 after I played multiple times in the EU1 server with my friend hotbird, as I said I was in foxtrot in the lead of duke and then hesky, left PR and got somehow removed from all roles and came back in the beginning of 2017, I do believe it was ssserpens telling me welcome back weed, kool stoori anyways, it's stupid.
  16. Offline
    Siltics Siltics The one and only

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Tester Foxtrot

Siltics
    Been playing PR since 0.9blabla, around 5 years. Found out about pr through diplexheatedHD, a youtuber. Instantly downloaded and got into it. Played for a year alone, then joined PRTA and got quickly invited to foxtrot by wicca, thought i was special but saw that wicca was on a recruit rampage. Then i met some other cool dudes. Was in the valkery platoon inside foxtrot and had a good time but never really played that much.

Took a break for half a year because some good salt and cancer. then came back and saw all these new faces around in foxtrot, got to know them and now been playing with them for a long time. Did a good attempt killing foxtrot by making a special peasent force but failed, because ghost would've cried. Then he asked me to become hes slave so i did.

Became admin together with cassius (we became besties) when geekius was doing shit, then resigned because fuck K-rivers. Then became admin again because why not. and now i'm here. Just waiting until PRTA dies.

Also tried getting my brother into pr but yeah, only special people play this. And from the beginning, years ago until now he still hears me raging and screaming towards people in the game. Feel bad for him...

literally Can't believe it has been so long for some of us and still this game is getting updated and new people keep joining, it amazes me.
    Know some people longer then people i meet IRL.

How can you even remeber the first map even, lol?
    Camel, Wicca and cassius23 like this.
  17. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    You seem to be toxic, I like that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 6, 2018 ---
    And you still havent managed to be on that list after so many years...
  18. Offline

deviro_
    Ghost is a known toxic player. Fuck that guy.
  19. Online

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Aaaanywaaaay.... :bag:
  20. Offline

Economics 4 life
    Thedutchboss
    My first map was al basrah