1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Official PR Retro map-pack available here.

Promoted VatsugC - Norway - EU Server Administrator

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by VatsugC, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Online
    VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Tester OU Tournament - Leader Art of War Donor

Teacher
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Vatsug
    PR:BF2 Server Administrator Application - EU

Player Details
    PR:BF2 Name: Vatsug
    PR:BF2 CD Hash Key: 97864693dd61bb39b8ddc37542311944
    Timezone: CET +1

Tell us about yourself: I'm studying to become a teacher, though I have worked as a teacher before. Both full-time and as a substitute. I work out on a daily basis and I work every day, except Wednesdays, on a sushi-restaurant where I'm responsible for the bar & deliveries.
    If I find something I like, I grow very committed to it. Which can be both a blessing and a curse, as it may lead to procrastinating sometimes.
    Referee:

Commitment
    How dedicated would you be to assisting the team: Very. I play this game for the immersion, and as the server rules are set to support the feeling of immersion I would gladly enforce them. The reason I'm applying is because I often log in to find that there's no admins online in PR, which leads to a lot of bad behaviour such as teamkilling, asset stealing and plain rudeness.
    Are you willing to help seed the server: Yes
    How frequent can you be present on the server: Everyday
    What days during a week will you be active on?: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
    What time of the day will you present on any given day?: Mornings, late evenings

Project Reality Experience
    How long have you been playing Project Reality?: 6 to 9 months
    How long have you played on PRTA for: 6 to 9 months
    Have you familiarized yourself with the PR manual: Yes

Administration Experience
    Do you have any previous Administrative experience on a PR server: No
    Which Community did you Administrate for?:
    How long did you admin in this community?:
    Are you currently an Administrator for another community?:
    No

Administrative Scenarios
    A player submits a false report about another player. How would you respond?:
    Kick or temp ban the player posting the false report, depending on the severity of it. I'd also undo what was done to subjected player of the report and apologize.
    An enemy vehicle runs you over, clearly breaking PRTA’s policy on road killing, how would you respond?:
    If it's only me / accidental / a last resort, I'd give a warning or move on, depending on how intentional it may have appeared. If he's using the vehicle for the sole purpose of road killing, would give a temporary ban.
    A player is reported to be hacking. How would you respond?:
    Check both the player who reported and the subject of the report. The player reporting would be checked for his credibility and the other player, I'd check if I notice anything out of the ordinary. If he turns out to be hacking, I'd permanently ban him. If I'm unsure, I might explain the situation to him, give a temporary ban and let someone with more admin seniority go through his logs.

Squad Leading Experience
    Do you Squad Lead in Project Reality: Yes
    How often do you Squad Lead: Every Game
    How experienced are you at squad leading:
    I'm strict, from the get-go. Unless I play insurgent, in which case I don't like squad leading as much.
    I do not go for top squad, yet it's often a privilege as I start off most maps by setting up a secure F.O.B. and an offensive/defensive F.O.B.
    Rate your Squad Leading ability: 8 out of 10
    Are you capable of communicating accurately and effectively with other leaders to achieve objectives in game:
    One of many recent examples: On Ulyanovsk, me and my squad had been scouting out the area around Old Fort, I had ordered them to lay low and not engage the enemy unless they got spotted. The rest of our team's infantry was busy defending the Trenches, at a stalemate, but slowly losing. We had mortar squad ready to respond and a friendly APC near us. So I ordered my men to flank around, two from the NW, one of them being an AR (the main entrance to the compound and the enemy FOB was up to the north, so I wanted him ready to pepper the woods if reinforcements were coming) two from the West, one of them being a Medic, two hiding a little in the bushes south of the compound and me and the last guy moving around to the SE. It may seem bad to spread out as much, but the map is small and the compound is too. Surrounding an entrenched enemy is a better alternative than hitting them all head on from the same direction.
    Before we attacked, I requested the mortars to mark the woods North of the compound, which would be in-between the enemy FOB and Old Fort. I then asked the APC near us to start shelling the bunkers in old fort, and whatever other targets he had inside there to keep the enemy suppressed and perhaps take out a few of them. As he opened fire, we waited a minute before I told him to seize fire, then we engaged. We proceeded cleared the lot, with half our guys as casualties (me being one of them). I ordered them to re-spawn, as I'd rather have fresh troops coming in from our nearby FOB to the west rather than disoriented men all huddled up in the same room trying to patch up. And shortly after, the enemies that we'd cleared out came back in full force from the North, which is when I told the mortars to start the shelling, wiping out one and a half squad alone while we cleared out the remainders while they reloaded.

After the mortars had hit several targets only 50-150 meters from our positions to the north (yes, almost in range to hit us). We cleared out the rest. I then sent a medic, AR and Breacher up north to take out the enemy FOB. They failed, but managed to locate it. Resulting in mortar squad finishing the job & one of my men confirming the FOB is at last down.

This lead to us neutralizing Old Fort just in time for the rest of our team to lose the Trenches, preventing the enemy from advancing onto our last flag.

When all this goes down, I explain it in very simple terms to my squadmembers. Not giving them a long briefing as most wouldn't listen. I tend to kick members quite fast for disobeying, i.e. spawning where/when I haven't told them to, switching kits to something I've disallowed or just without being asked, running too far from the squad. Once all this is sorted and I get a squad willing to work together, situations like these often happen and they're quite easy to set up provided you have a willing crew.

Rules
    If you could change one rule, what would it be, And what would you change it to?:
    Intentional road killing. I'd change it so that it's permitted for insurgents on insurgency.

Declaration
    I understand that if my application is accepted, I will be enter a 4 week trial period, In which I may be removed at any time: Agree

I agree that my actions and behaviors are required to remain professional at all times whilst performing duties on a PRTA server: Agree

I agree that I have read and understood the PRTA server rules and I will enforce them to the best of my abilities: Agree

I declare that I will follow all server rules and admin procedures, and listen to the guidance of the team. and that the answers given in this application are truthful, honest reflection and are not misleading: Accept

________________________________________________________________________________

Your application is being processed

Thank you for application.
    The team will review your application and make a decision within a 7 day period.
    We'll let you know whether your trial application has been approved or denied in due course.
    If your application is approved you will be placed on a 4 week trial admin period in order to access your abilities.

Cheers

The EU Administration Team
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Wicca likes this.
  2. Online
    VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Tester OU Tournament - Leader Art of War Donor

Teacher
    Vatsug
    I see that it's being processed, but I didn't get a reply. Am I supposed to talk to someone on TS3? I've found that to be a standard reply
  3. Offline

Tester Member OU Tournament - Member Foxtrot

jamil_12345678901
    You should meet moe he is a teacher. But be careful he is finish
  4. Offline

MoeTheHobo
    *Finnish*. 4-
  5. Offline

Tester Member OU Tournament - Member Foxtrot

jamil_12345678901
    Shit, will i still get an A?
  6. Offline
    K_Rivers K_Rivers Wolves dont lose sleep, over the opinions of sheep

PR:BF2 Head PR:BF2 Lead Administrator Operations Dept. Assistant OU Tournament - Organiser OU Tournament - Member Blood Bound

Project Reality [R-DEV]
    K_Rivers
    Squad Name:
    K_Rivers
    Trial Period Approved

Congratulations your trial application has been approved.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to make an application.
    You will receive a welcome message shortly indicating what will happen next.
    Welcome to the team!

Cheers
    Rivers