1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Video Project: War Pigs February 25th 1600PRT Read More
  5. Project Reality Tournament Battle, 24th of February 2000PRT Read More
  6. Video Project: War Pigs February 25th 1600 PRT Read More
  7. PRTA Test Battle meeting, to discuss rules & such - 25th of February 1800 Read More
  8. PRTA Test Battle, 3rd of March 1800 PRT Read More
  9. Project Reality Training 11th of March - 1800 PRT Read More

Help v1.5 Manual: Questions regarding Insurgency

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by Camel, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería

University Dude
    PR:BF2 Name:
    -Camel-
    Hi everyone,

While translating the manual for v1.5 into Spanish, I came upon a few issues that seem unclear to me regarding Insurgency Mode. Maybe the wise among you can help me get a better picture:

The English version of v1.5 manual says:

Issue 1: Regarding "Insurgent killed: +1 IP (within 300m)"

a) What exactly means the "within 300m" part? That BLUFOR only gets IP if the insurgents are within 300m of the caché?
    b) Does this mean that kills that happen further away from the caches yields no IP gain for BLUFOR? If that's the case, it kind of has huge implications for gameplay to merely be implied in the manual.

Issue 2: The newer manual includes this bit, which didn't appear in the older ones: "Destroying vehicles with civilian close (within 50m for the last 60 seconds) : -50 IP"

a) Is this information correct? -50 IP seems like A LOT, especially considering that killing a Civilian is -10 IP.
    b) Is it correct that a civilian becomes a legitimate target if it enters a civilian car? If so, does this mean that what this rule tries to encourage is to have civilians hanging around in the vicinity of cars?

Issue 3: And finally, a different part of the manual* says:

a) What exactly does this punishment refer to? Increase in spawn time? That they are counted as arrested by BLUFOR?

I appreciate your input!

*: Since Civilians basically are only relevant to the game mode Insurgency, I strongly feel that the description of the Civilian class should be included as part of the description of the Game Mode Insurgency, instead of as part of the description of Kits, as it currently is.
    Jumbo, agus92, Wicca and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline
    Temur Temur Lean Mean Admin Machine

Manager Community Dept. Head Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Ten Good Men

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
  3. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería

University Dude
    -Camel-
    Thanks, Temur. I already posted it there, I just wanted to maximize the chances of this thread stumbling upon a wise person.