1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. New server, new games and donation drive. Read more here.
  5. Summer Wargames Sign-ups Now! Read more here.

Feedback Sportsmanship and Gentlemenry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Camel, May 9, 2017.

1. 9ª Compañía de Infantería Donor

Teacher
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Tnte|Camel
    First of all, my feedback on PRTA is positive. I really like to have a server that -besides PRTA famous drama- regularly delivers in active enforcement of rules and teamwork. I do appreciate the work people do to make this happen.

That said, I don't know if it is just me, but I got the feeling that oftentimes PRTA units are bunched on one side thus creating unbalance, and that there is a tendency to allow this one-sidedness of PRTA units.

Random example: last night. I think I joined the server around 17:30 PRT, a very high proportion of PRTA units on the winning team. It was a INS match (Al Basrah?) going spectacularly downhill and ending with more than 475 tickets. Next round, teams untouched. Another 200+ tickets defeat. Next round, teams untouched. And so on.

For clarity, with unbalance I am referring to having no trans squad, flimsy or absent armor squad, 2 random inf squads with generic names and no officer comms, and random dudes flying (and crashing the trans chopper on purpose). I reported the pilot twice, who then TKed people in main. And there was no action taken.

Now, this is actually NOT a report about admins (I'm sure it is a major pain in the arse). What I would hope for, is to get the community's thoughts on this. As people who appreciate teamwork, I confess that I am kind of disappointed that -although it does happens sometimes- it is a rare sight to see units volunteering to be switched to the weaker, newbie-populated team.

Likewise, I find it is a pity that it is a rarity to see PRTA units taking at least a couple newbies in the squad and teach them. You guys know so much, and we all remember how it was to be clueless. I do, at least. And I will be forever grateful for the people who, back then, actually bothered to tell me how to play PR properly. Don't you guys feel that it is a matter of sustainability to actually invest in these two things (switching to weaker sides, and passing on gud-getting skills to new generations?)

I really would like to know what the PRTA gentlemen here think about this. Is this a thing, or am I exaggerating it? Because the thing is that my Quixotesque personality kinds of forces me to align with the underdog, and although I really like to play with more veteran players and keep learning from them, I simply can't force myself to switch with my buddies and leave the team populated by newbies on their own... because IT SUCKS BALLS TO PLAY BOTH WITH AND AGAINST PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO CLUE.

Why don't you Unit-people switch / adopt newbies? Don't you guys think it'd benefit you (us all) as well in the long run?

Thoughts?
  2. PRTA

[RIP]Oskar
    Very well said Camel and for me personally the feedback is very much appreciated. As a side note I was present during both rounds so I understand the actual situation. Team stacking is always an issue to work on and keep in mind but I will personally make some effort in the community work I do to help balance things and make a more friendly environment. You are so right that new players are left out and we get these situations. The units in PRTA need to be aware of the dynamics that a close-knit unit with a locked squad create. Advice to unit leaders: take Camels feedback to heart because we all know it's true. It doesn't mean you're doing something wrong, it just means there's room to do a few more things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    clayton, Nightwalker, Blaze. and 3 others like this.
  3. Joined:
    Jul 27, 2015
    ArkUTD
    Good feedback.

As BB's leader, I encourage our guys to play with everyone and anyone. You see this alot where myself or Hudson lead a squad, well have 2-4 PRTA unit people join, and the rest are randoms.

From a personal stand point, my squads fill so quickly that it's had for noobs to get in, but when they do, I can expect them to try to get into my squad the next round. This is what I've seen, so I can say BB welcomes all. Not sure of other units
  4. Blaze. Blaze. Ping always high. K/D rate always low. I'm sorry.

Tester Foxtrot

Hoshizora Foundation
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Blaze
    Blaze.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::prteamwork:
    But what if i'm a unit member but i'm a newbie as well? There are some members (me at least) that still need many many practice.
    ArkUTD likes this.
  5. GHOST_-DK- GHOST_-DK- "We are neutral in Finland, we attack everyone"

Manager Games Dept. Head Lead Tester PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Foxtrot

Studying architecture
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA GHOST_-DK-
    GHOST_-DK-
    Arnoldio, Blaze., Chav and 1 other person like this.
  6. Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA

Arnoldio
    Many many practices.
  7. 9ª Compañía de Infantería Donor

Teacher
    Tnte|Camel
    I'm glad this got some positive reactions. It would be great if some protocol could be put into place, where units volunteering to switch sides could be covered in honor and glory, like admins keeping track of such instances and adding awesomeness ribbons to the units' profiles , or something.

EDIT: For the record, these past days I have seen attempts of people trying to balance games. My most sincere respect for that, folks!
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Blaze., Oskar and ArkUTD like this.