1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Siltics - Belgium Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Siltics, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Offline
    Siltics Siltics The one and only

Tester Foxtrot

PR:BF2 Name:
    Siltics
    Name:
    Siltics
    Belgium
    Timezone:
    PR time +1
    Who are you?:
    i am siltics
    What can you offer our Moderator team?:
    I am active every day of the week on the forums, mostly teamspeak too. Would like to help out on the forums/teamspeak/server. Try to notice problems and try and solve them. Keeping a discussion a discussion, because i like disussions , especialy mature ones.
    I think there could be some help.
    Also in real life i voluntarily create programs for kids so they can play every sunday outside and have fun. So i have to come between a "fight" now and then, but with kids that are way younger. Ofcourse they are kids but you can really relate kids with older people sometimes. :wink:
    I have read the PRTA Forum Rules before signing up for Moderator. I agree with them and I promise to follow them under all circumstances.:
    Yes
    QUESTION 1) A user posts a spiderman image in an already derailed thread. How do you proceed?:
    Ask to everyone in the treath to stay on topic, fun can be made, but in a mature way. Ofcourse if the purpose of the channel is to post stupid pictures it shouldn't be a problem.
    QUESTION 2) A user insults another user, e.g.: "Lol you fucking retard, XYZ. ABC's ideas are awesome". How do you proceed?:
    Say the user directly that he can say this a different way too. This type of insulting can also be used as "friendly" insulting, i a joking kinda way. Seeing how people respond, or looking at who he is responding to i would ask him to stop that language.
    QUESTION 3) A user starts to harass & insult you through a Private Message. How do you respond?:
    Personally i wouldn't really care, this is just my oppinion.But i would try and ask him to stop that language and discuss it in a mature way. if he doesn't stop harassing, i would discuss this with other moderators if i see a big problem in it. And in a result maybe give him a warning or even worse.
    QUESTION 4) People come/return to our forums because they want to cause drama. What do you do?:
    Warn him to stop causing drama, if he doesn't stop remove him. Depends how bad it is.
    QUESTION 5) You see how Lead/Senior Moderator break PRTA Forum Rules without any proper explanation (in order to achieve greater good). What do you do?:
    Ask why he did this, if HE thinks it is good what he did. And try to prevend this in the future, if he does this multiple times, discuss this with the team.
    QUESTION 6) You disagree with the steps taken by Lead/Senior Moderator. What do you do?:
    Give my own oppinion/suggestion. Try and get a solution, together.
    QUESTION 7) How did you proceed when you got involved into a bigger argument? What was the outcome of the argument?:
    Always stay neutral, talk in a mature way. It alsway depended on how the other people reacted. Some are more agresive in a way, some sty calm, so i have proceed in different ways.
    DJ_Bob and cassius23 like this.
  2. Offline
    MajorPlop MajorPlop Entropy isn't what it used to be

Squad Name:
    WIBBLE
    MajorPlop
    Thank you for your application. We are currently discussing all applicants and you will hear of the result as soon as we come to a conclusion.

Kind regards,
    MajorPlop
  3. Offline
    MajorPlop MajorPlop Entropy isn't what it used to be

Squad Name:
    WIBBLE
    MajorPlop
    Hi Siltics ,

Congratulations, your application has been approved. Please check the PM I sent you and read through it carefully.

On behalf of the Moderator team I welcome you to the fold!

Kind regards,
    MajorPlop
    Siltics likes this.
  4. Offline
    Siltics Siltics The one and only

Tester Foxtrot

Siltics
    thank you very kindly sir
    GHOST_-DK- likes this.
  5. Offline
    GHOST_-DK- GHOST_-DK- "We are neutral in Finland, we attack everyone"