1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. New server, new games and donation drive. Read more here.
  5. Summer Wargames Sign-ups Now! Read more here.

Closed Server Issue Report - cabalistik_

Discussion in 'Player, Admin and Server Reports' started by cabalistik_, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joined:
    Feb 17, 2018
    Server Report

Report Submitted by: cabalistik_

Server: Project Reality - Modern Conflict

Nickname: cabalistik_
    Profile:

Date of Issue: Feb 17, 2018
    Time of Issue: 19/30

Description of the issue: I was playing on Gaza as INS, round started I got the HAT kit from the cache. After 3 players from which at least two belonged to the JWK clan began following and taunting me to give them the HAT kit. I refused after which they intentionally team killed me.

Reported the issue but got no response. After checking the server admins, I found out that JWK members were on there. Rather disappointing that team-killing was not dealt with properly and especially the fact that admins actively ignored it and possibly even had a hand in the whole ordeal.
    Evidence:

I agree that I have read and understood the PRTA Server Rules :

An internal Server Report has been created in the Administrator forums to track and monitor this technical issue.
    Thank you for your report.

An official statement will be posted if nessarsary within 7 days from the initial response.

PRTA Administration Team
    cassius23 likes this.
  2. Joined:
    Feb 17, 2018
    Hi, again. Here is some more information about the incident.

I downloaded the demo and found out the players involved. It was the following three people:

- [JWK] Qent (followed, shot and team-killed me)
    - MastaGema (followed and shot at me)
    - Borbodel (just followed, didnt shoot)

Here is a video that I recorded:

I apologize for the very low video quality, but the players names visible and you can clearly see the course of action. In addition, here are a few pictures as well.

Here you can see me being followed by them:
    [​IMG]

From their points of views, Bordobel first:
    [​IMG]

MastaGema:
    [​IMG]

and finally [JWK] Qent:
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the kill notification and them standing over my body:
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps with the report and thanks for taking the time to read through this.
  3. tobi-the-fraggel tobi-the-fraggel 'Princess Negativity'

Sysadmin

Junior Data Analyst
    PR:BF2 Name:
    tobi-the-fraggle
    That's what I call a report. Well done cabalistik_ and good luck with your complaint. I am sure it'll be investigated soon.
  4. Temur Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata

Manager Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Foxtrot

Teacher / Charity Worker
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    Hi cabalistik_,

We are going to fully investigate this and determine exactly what happened here. Before we do so, however, I would like to make a few comments.

(1) Firstly, as I was directly involved in this (albeit 'behind the scenes'), I would briefly like to explain a few things regarding the teamkill:​

The admin in question notified me that there was a player (you) who he thought was invulnerable. I was told that you had stolen a HAT kit and when another player tried to teamkill you to get the kit back, you seemed invincible to damage.

I personally instructed the admin to follow you and observe you in order to see if this was actually the case. Eventually, I instructed the admin to try to teamkill you to test if you were invincible or not. So as far as any report about him teamkilling goes, the responsibility lies with me and me only, as I told him to do so. No action will be taken against the admin regarding the teamkill.

I would concede that, faced with the same scenario again, I would have acted differently. However, I trusted one of my admins and if someone reports another player for hacking/cheating it is dealt with seriously. We prioritise determining whether or not that player was hacking over their playing the game - hence why we sometimes ban players suspected of hacking before we have investigated them.

In this instance, the same spirit of consequentialism was upheld. I felt that the possibility of you cheating to be invincible would be more detrimental to gameplay than you being teamkilled as a 'test', and therefore trying to teamkill you to determine whether or not this was the case would be justified if, in fact, it was the case.

As it goes, we were wrong. You were teamkilled unjustly and, in hindsight, I could have made a better decision. I would like to apologise for that, and the buck stops with me. It is a lesson learned so that next time a similar scenario might come up, we can act in a better way.
    If you believe that this decision was an abuse / are still unsatisfied then you may request CAS_ual_TY or another@3. PR:BF2 Senior Administrator investigate it. It would naturally be improper of me to 'investigate myself' any further.

(2) Secondly, we need to investigate the kit steal and the possibility that JWK members acted poorly towards you. That includes the admin in question - I need to try to determine whether or not he was complicit in their behaviour. For the record, I believe 100% that he acted in good faith and genuinely suspected you of using some kind of exploit. He would not have reported it to me unless he felt it was potentially serious.

What I was told, however, was that you had stolen the HAT kit. So we need to determine if this was the case or - indeed - if it's even possible to 'steal' a HAT kit from an INS cache.

Regardless of whether or not you did, trying to teamkill you to get the kit back was incorrect. The admin was told at the time to tell his clan members that this was not the appropriate response.

JWK members will be reminded of this. 2. Jednostka Wojskowa Komandosów - Leader

We will investigate this further internally in order to determine whether or not any of our admins/members abused their position. A further response will be made here when we have finished that investigation.

Again, if you would like someone higher in the hierarchy to investigate my decision to have you teamkilled, you may do so by messaging CAS_ual_TY or another 3. PR:BF2 Senior Administrator.
    In the meantime, I would like to apologise again for the misunderstanding and thank you for what is a very well written and exemplary server report!
  5. Temur Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata

Manager Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Foxtrot

Teacher / Charity Worker
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    cabalistik_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=lWcEQvPIbxU

[​IMG]

Evidence above tells us two things:

1) You were unassigned and therefore were unable to request kits from cache.

2) JWK Qent requested the HAT kit first and it was very quickly taken from underneath him.

This may have been an accident but, even so, you should have realised that you could not/should not have the HAT kit and thus returned it. You did in fact steal the HAT kit.

Their efforts to teamkill you were also illegal. Your perceived 'invincibility' was a result of:

The later decision to teamkill you was my decision and I have already apologised for it not being the ideal action to take.

However, this report is going to be dismissed. You were an unassigned player who could not and should not have had the HAT kit. You therefore, in effect, stole it. Whilst the response of some JWK members was against our rules, they have been spoken to and warned not to act in such a way again.

It is apparent to me from this that you are not a good team player. In future:

1) Communicate with others using a microphone.

2) Join squads and work with them.

3) Don't take limited kits illegally.

Thread closed, thanks again for the report. No further action to be taken.

Temur
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.