1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Map Test Event - Operation Falcon - 18:00 PRT, 20th APRIL 2018 Read more..

Done Server Issue Report by viirusiiseli

Discussion in 'Player, Admin and Server Reports' started by viirusiiseli, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    viirusiiseli
    Server Report

Report Submitted by: viirusiiseli

Server: Project Reality - Modern Conflict

Nickname: viirusiiseli
    Profile: http://prteamwork.com/members/viirusiiseli.2657/

Date of Issue: Dec 2, 2017
    Time of Issue: 21:00

Description of the issue: Map selection. Always same maps, Saaremaa, Khami, Muttrah. Khami played now 2nd time in last 5 maps. Maybe show the admins THIS LINK and let them pick something other than the same 3 maps played every day, at best several times a day.

And pick more 2km maps as balance is continuously horrendous and ends up in steamrolls every 2nd round.
    Evidence:

I agree that I have read and understood the PRTA Server Rules :

An internal Server Report has been created in the Administrator forums to track and monitor this technical issue.
    Thank you for your report.

An official statement will be posted if nessarsary within 7 days from the initial response.

PRTA Administration Team
  2. Offline
    Temur Temur Lean Mean Admin Machine

Manager Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Ten Good Men

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    viirusiiseli

Thanks for your report. I've notified the admin team to try and improve map diversity.

I believe Khami was played twice in short succession today because our Khami map GPO is broken and we wanted to check some things (see our shoutbox). I've notified them regardless.

The map gallery is pinned to the administration channels and we try to provide greater map variety than you usually get on other servers. I'll review our map selection over the last month or so to see if we've been failing in this regard.

Temur
  3. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

Wiccaaaaa
    I would usually say repetitive map choices are made to ensure population doesn't leave.
  4. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    It's a balance, just like life :pompus:
  5. Offline

viirusiiseli
    Today PRTA was at 100 players when it switched to Muttrah, with HOG at 70 players. Saaremaa, Khami and some other map were played with 50-70 players and HOG went up to 100. The map choices didn't seem to effect anything.

All populated european servers atm (SSG, PRTA, DPRC, Based) suffer from the same issue of putting the same 3-5 maps every day, and no attention is paid to team balance.

Terrible balance leading to straight up steamrolls or very uneven rounds is probably the #1 reason players leave. #2 for some is the map choices.

Here are some suggestions:

Scramble doesn't work. People switch back to the team they were on or everyone takes the chance to bluwhore. Another equally unbalanced round on the way.

Pay attention to key players/clans who always use assets and balance them first. Then balance the obvious good infantry squads/clans. If you see the teams are unbalanced, current round is a steamroll or consider it difficult to keep it equal: set a 1 or 2 km map with light assets and more emphasis on infantry.

Often this simple solution isn't done, another 4km map set next and an identically bad round will be played after.

Although lots of people (PRT squads, sn1, MERK, DEVs, 3dac, etc.) hate insurgency and DC immediately when it gets put on, at least it's usually more balanced. I think putting an insurgency map every 2-3 maps helps keep the teams balanced, unlike grinding AAS for 5 rounds straight and having people continuously joining the better team.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    diet and Raidonrai like this.
  6. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

Wiccaaaaa
    I agree on the balancing and insurgency. And tbh I quite like doing nothing for 2 hours, its a nice change of pace :smile:
    diet likes this.
  7. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    viirusiiseli We are aware that scrambling doesn't work. It's been our policy for a long time to switch clans/better players over for balancing.

It seems like you're having a shit evening and needed to take it out somewhere. Guess what? Not every round is going to be perfect. It's not possible. That's just the way it is. We do what we can to make rounds balanced and to keep our players happy. Sometimes you have a shit round. Sometimes you have a few one evening. It happens.

Go outside for a bit. There's more to life than PR. :smile:
  8. Offline

viirusiiseli
    Teams were scrambled today after a steamroll. I think on Saaremaa or Khami. And as I said, the problems are constant and on all the servers for maybe a month or two now.

I'm not taking anything out on anyone, just trying to note the ongoing problem so maybe hopefully something gets done. That is why I tried to offer constructive feedback. Lots of other people have noticed the exact same issues that I'm pointing out.

Ps. It's too cold to go outside
    Wicca likes this.
  9. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    I'll look into the admin who did this and make sure they're following our policy.

There's a way to point out issues. You come across very rage-y when I've been more than polite. Just take a chill pill once in a while, there are bigger issues in the world than the balance of PR rounds

I'm going to look into it.
  10. Offline

viirusiiseli
    I was attempting to be neutral but I suppose I failed :whistling:

No insults or flaming intended

Thanks
  11. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    It's all good bro
    diet and Danielj15 like this.
  12. Offline

Manager Community Dept. Head

This is an ongoing issue that we are well aware of. Currently in the middle of a revamp that will be able to monitor and resolve issues like this naturally. Thanks for your report Viirus, we are actively trying to fix many issues like this.