1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Official PR Retro map-pack available here.
  3. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!

Feedback SeekinAssassin - England - EU Server Administrator

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by SeekinAssassin, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Offline
    SeekinAssassin SeekinAssassin [GI] 1stLt

Member GreyStone International

PR:BF2 Name:
    SeekinAssassin
    PR:BF2 Server Administrator Application - EU

Player Details
    PR:BF2 Name: Seekinassassin
    PR:BF2 CD Hash Key: 9d4f83af263386761f57b4bc48837bc6
    Timezone: GMT
    Tell us about yourself: I am Lewis Clarke, and I have been playing PR for about a year and a half. I did come across this game from Bluedrake but im not like most of his fans. I have stuck to this game as it is something that I really like, a tactical milsim that isn't complex like Arma. I am currently within a Clan named Greystone International with prefix of [GI]. The clan has only been around for a few months. I am a Sabaton fan, and my biggest interests are in war. Also I am new to teamspeak.
    Referee:

Commitment
    How dedicated would you be to assisting the team: I would be as much dedicated as I am with FCV.
    Are you willing to help seed the server: Yes
    How frequent can you be present on the server: Frequently
    What days during a week will you be active on?: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
    What time of the day will you present on any given day?: Morning, Afternoon, Evening

Project Reality Experience
    How long have you been playing Project Reality?: 1 year
    How long have you played on PRTA for: 1 to 3 months
    Have you familiarized yourself with the PR manual: Yes

Administration Experience
    Do you have any previous Administrative experience on a PR server: Yes
    Which Community did you Administrate for?: Free Candy Van
    How long did you admin in this community?: 3 weeks. But I am already senior.
    Are you currently an Administrator for another community?:
    Yes

Administrative Scenarios
    A player submits a false report about another player. How would you respond?:
    If someone is to create a false report then I will either speak to them via mumble and tell them to make sure that they must make sure the actions are true and such before filing a report. If I am unable to talk to them via mumble then I will issue a warning. Or maybe tell them in team-chat.
    An enemy vehicle runs you over, clearly breaking PRTA’s policy on road killing, how would you respond?:
    I woould ask another admin on the enemy team to quickly look at the map for a vehicle on the move around this grid and tell him to warn him about road kill. (Using ts) But if there isn't an admin on the enemy team then I will either use the say command to warn everyone on the enemy team that roadkill is not allowed or switch teams to warn the player. I can use tracker later on and find the guy then warn him about his act when I next see him on the server.
    A player is reported to be hacking. How would you respond?:
    I would ask the player who made the report if he has any proof or explain what does he mean by hacking. If I am given some fair evidence that states that the guy is hacking them I will either temp or perma ban the guy that is "hacking". I will go ahead and use the battlerecorder later to check for actual hacking acts. If this was false then I will apologise to the banned player and unban him and talk to the player who made the report. But if I am to find that he was hacking he is to be perma banned and stay that way.

Squad Leading Experience
    Do you Squad Lead in Project Reality: No
    How often do you Squad Lead: Rarely
    How experienced are you at squad leading:
    I know sort of how to squad lead. I am a bad squad lead as for me to be effective I need to know the map well and the good spots and approaches that are on the map. Also I am poor at making sure people get the correct kit, telling people to di specific things, for example I want these people to go here and such.
    Rate your Squad Leading ability: 3 out of 10
    Are you capable of communicating accurately and effectively with other leaders to achieve objectives in game:
    I know how to communicate with other squad leads and I now and again ask what is the teams next act after we have capped a flag. Who would defend and who will assault and other things. I am not very effective in doing so.

Rules
    If you could add or change one PR Server rule, what would it be?:
    Nothing really.

Declaration
    I understand that if my application is accepted, I will be enter a 4 week trial period, In which I may be removed at any time: Agree

I agree that my actions and behaviors are required to remain professional at all times whilst performing duties on a PRTA server: Agree

I agree that I have read and understood the PRTA server rules and I will enforce them to the best of my abilities: Agree

I declare that I will follow all server rules and admin procedures, and listen to the guidance of the team. and that the answers given in this application are truthful, honest reflection and are not misleading: Accept

________________________________________________________________________________

Your application is being processed

Thank you for application.
    The team will review your application and make a decision within a 14 day period.
    We'll let you know whether your trial application has been approved or denied in due course.
    If your application is approved you will be placed on a 4 week trial admin period in order to access your abilities.

Cheers

The EU Administration Team
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Danielj15, Chav, Wicca and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Wiccaaaaa
    TRAITOR!

I jest.
  3. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager Technical Dept. Lead Coder Sysadmin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

Scientific software engineer
    Sloan[EEF]
    It's always nice to see new clans appearing! How many people are in GI, and would you be interested in getting involved in a larger community where you could have a real impact on how things are run?
    Danielj15, Blaze. and ArkUTD like this.
  4. Offline

SeekinAssassin
    Well there is currently 32 members within the clan, but about 10 members are having a break from PR or have stopped playing. You would mostly see members of the clan on a coop server named Veterans - Gaming but if that server is down they go onto another coop server, if not a deployment server but that is rarely the case. One of the reasons of them being active on a coop server is due to them wanting to help new members in the game and also they just like that server. I am the one that mostly plays on deployment.
    What do you mean by getting involved with a larger community?
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Danielj15 likes this.
  5. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    That's a nice thing to do.
    It can be difficult for a small group of people to run a major server successfully, it takes a surprisingly large amount of effort before anything remotely non-trivial (like events) could even be considered. As you may have noticed from looking around our forums we are composed of a number of different groups - effectively clans with their own identity and control over who they allow into their clan - called units. All our services are run by pooling the resources of every unit. If your clan would be interested then you could consider joining us and helping to run the PRTA servers. As you mostly use coop servers that could easily involve setting up a new coop server for you, so you could get much more control over the settings it uses.
    Danielj15 and ArkUTD like this.
  6. Offline

SeekinAssassin
    No GI isn't running any servers. Veterans-Gaming is just the server they play on. It is run by VG admins and its own clan. Well we were thinking about getting our own virtual LAN server just for our Clan events that we do and members to train on. But the idea is scrapped for now as it would be a bit complex for us right now to run and manage the server.

Since other members of the clan doesn't really play on deployment joining you wouldn't be of their interest. As I said I am a member not the clan leader. I am mostly the only player that does. Except for 3 others that now and again have a round or 2 on deployment.

But I will have a little chat with them.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Danielj15, Chav and Sloan like this.
  7. Offline

SeekinAssassin
    Little Update:

My name in PR (well not changed much) is now:
    1Lt|SeekinAssassin

I decided to go add my Rank within my name
    Wicca likes this.
  8. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    You can change that in your contact details. All my systems are automated, the servers pick up the change without any need for manual intervention.
  9. Offline

SeekinAssassin
    Yeah i see that the Topic has changed from 'processing' to 'Feedback'. But I would like to say that I am sorry for lack of activeness on PR recently i have been on a half time break and been playing other games with some clans members and also been playing PR with them more on Veterans-Gaming. My fellow Comrades of GI are sort of trying to get into playing on Deployment and on your Servers but failed at times due to Modern Conflict being full so they go back to VG or maybe head onto another Deployment server. But I would like to see you guys more on PRTA soon as I am going to try to get more time to play PR on your servers.
    Danielj15 likes this.
  10. Offline

SeekinAssassin
    Is there a point of this staying up, I know this was denied. I was told via PM why. You can go ahead and just put it in Denied or something :tounge:
    Well I hope to see you guys on the Battlefield on Friday