1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Feedback PRTA Server Rules Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Chav, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    VTRaptor
    Other armies? You mean the most powerfull army in the world fighting against some poor rebels? Don't get me started on that XDD
    Clund likes this.
  2. Offline

Ondis
    Well what great examples of wars in where tanks never engage in urban fighting do you have? Or where APCs do not scout in force but do cowardly peaks up and down hills?
  3. Offline
    BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Trial Moderator Member Ten Good Men

BubblyNinja
    Really taking this IRL thing too seriously and starting to go off topic. Try to keep this discussion in relation to the common tendencies of players and their actions in game.
  4. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Ten Good Men

terrry
    diet and cassius23 like this.
  5. Offline

Manager PR:BF2 Head HR Lead Resident Moderator Senior Tester Member Ten Good Men

Squad Name:
    Chav
    Chav
    Let's get on topic shall we please?
  6. Offline
    diet diet 0% moti 100% of the time

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Member PRTA

Student
    Get rid of the officer rule, i prefer to use the kit myself when SLing but teamwork comes from the players not the kits. Interesting experiment but warning/resigning/kicking freekit sqs' works much better than forcing people to use the officer kit.

Allow sqs' to be locked at 4 ppl unless an admin tells you to unlock. People already lock their sq at 4 or 5 ppl when playing with their friends and sometimes mumble isnt used or they speak some other language then english. Allowing them to lock at 4 you can make sure u dont have 4 guys playing together and the other 4 jerking off somewhere else.

APC claims APC/IFVs

ARMOUR claims tanks and atgm/spg vehicles.

This way all vehicles will end up being used and not kept in reserve.
  7. Offline

VTRaptor
    I didn't say that they never fight in cities. I said that cities are avoided.

On topic... There's no point of giving mech inf such a firepower. The main thing about having mech inf is that they can provide quick transport from objective to objective for themselves with something something fire support, nothing more. There's no need for them to be super-duper-anti-everything-infantry-squad. Example: A team has 1 powerfull IFV and 2 shitboxes. Mech inf squad is created and they claim that IFV. While APC squad could provide support to everyone with that IFV, mech inf takes it to use it as transport and fire suport for their squad. This is what i call a waste, because instead of having fire support and transport team-wide, you get fire support and transport for just one squad.

So if you really want to give IFV to mech inf, i propose this(again) - If a mech inf squad is created before APC squad, then mech inf can take whatever they want. The main thing is that groups of experienced friends/clans/communities/other pre-mades would have more chance of getting the squad for a good use instead of giving it to random/casual player and most likely waste it.

Ahh... And then you have Scorpion/Scimitar, which is classed as IFV, but has no room for infantry. Sooo...
    BubblyNinja likes this.
  8. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    Oh really, so then there is 4 x 4man squads because ESP, FR, PL and FIN, CAS, TRANS, ARMOR, APC remaining INF squad is full, and i should just stick one up my ass and leave the server? I think not.

I have yet to see that happen. They will fuck off to map borders in "hunt for tanks" and do just that, probably also some random guys who are there for k/d and dont communicate over SL radio.

I think Scorpion and Scimi were always under ARMOR since its a 2-manned armour vehicle and it's legit useless in MECHINF. Therefore that is not an excuse. IFV ingame could be simply defined as an "Armoured vehicle with an autocannon and a atleast one secondary weapon with AT capabilities (ATGM/large bore cannon) capabilities, that has passenger slots avaliable."
  9. Offline

Student
    I specficially meant INF, and read "Allow sqs' to be locked at 4 ppl unless an admin tells you to unlock." So if there arent enough slots open admins will tell people to open their sqs'.
  10. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    These squads often dont communicate so getting them to open is unnecessary hassle that can lead to disbanding. PR is a game for 8 people, 8 randomers to achieve a common goal. Even if the squad opens and i get in, what will i do with 4 polish guys? My round is ruined and i rather play another game.
  11. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    I can wipe your 8 men squad very easily with 4 of my guys....
    If you have more than 6 in your squad its getting less effective, thats why the rule should stick to 6.
    BubblyNinja and Arnoldio like this.
  12. Offline

Member AREA 94

PacD
    You only need 2 and GG :wink:
  13. Offline
    Temur Temur Lean Mean Admin Machine

Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Ten Good Men Donor

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    diet Surprised you would see MECH INF removed - any reasons behind it? I value your input.
  14. Offline

Student
    I never mentioned the mech inf rule because I think it is alright as it is. No need for it to change imo.
  15. Offline
    RoBOticRebel RoBOticRebel Lazy bastard

Tester Member Foxtrot

Doing nothing
    RoBOticRebel
    INFANTRY Fighting Vehicles (accept the schimitar/scorpion which should go to APC at all times) should belong to mechanised INFANTRY
    then armour but ONLY IF there are no tanks on the map
    if there are tanks then they go to APC squads