1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Feedback PRTA Server Rules Update Discussion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Chav, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Ten Good Men

PR:BF2 Name:
    terrry
    got our wires crossed there I think VTRaptor but no worries, I would like it getting rid of personally, but your first reply to me came across like you saying it should be kept and I must've misinterpreted that as that's why I just said it's probably easier just to keep it. I'm all for getting rid of it, just a minor misunderstanding.
    Temur likes this.
  2. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    Ofcourse mechinf will use the apc defensively... if they had goor armament , LIKE BETTER ARMOR AND ATGMS (sounds like IFV?) for instance they could spearhead some shit not use the ifv for the guys who didnt make it into tanks and are now threatening to leave the server if they cannot join the border of the map hunt.

Ifvs have 6 passenger seats for a reason. Its a better apc, so mechinf can perform better. If we had the 120mm (or w/e) stryker, that is specifically a very mobile tank hunter vehicle, now THAT fits into the armor squad with the tanks.

But ofcoutse this is PR where logic flies out of the window because muh k/d.

Topkek.
  3. Offline

terrry
    you should look at my kd... It looks like I play with my eyes closed...
    GHOST_-DK-, Temur and Arnoldio like this.
  4. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    PR is about kills and flags and not a immersion simulator...

Mech INF can also work with IFVs if the crewmen have more freedom.
    Just give the first created sq the APCs they wish and safe 1 for mechinf if needed.

And pls dont allow baserape if admins doesnt want to deal with bullshit 24/7
  5. Offline

Manager PR:BF2 Head HR Lead Resident Moderator Senior Tester Member Ten Good Men

Squad Name:
    Chav
    Chav
    I think the baserape is another rule that may have some people that like it but it's too complicated, can be abused if misworded and would be a pain in the ass.

Rules are there as guidelines, they shouldn't be enforced word for word and they certainly shouldn't try to change the way the someone plays the game. Rules such as "officer kit" rule is a rule that tries to change the way people play the game, this is bad.

There are other ways in teaching people how to work as a team. All rules should have "teamwork" at the heart of the rule, if possible.
    Temur likes this.
  6. Offline

Arnoldio
    Better SL as an MG because better k/d, more rek. Fak markers.
  7. Offline

VTRaptor
    It's already complicated, because you can't say where the base starts from, and rules are to be complied . There was a situation on Qwai(again) where a gunner in Canadian APC was killing people leaving DoD (might've been edge of it, but it clearly wasn't base) when Temple was captured. I can't recall his nickname, but he got banned for it, while everyone else were doing the same and worse - can't blame them, but why admins didn't banned half of the server that day? Don't tell me that rules are guidelines, please.

The thing about allowing baserape, Niko, is that admins won't need to deal with bullshit. Fortifications like hesco, trenches, sandbags etc. are not only there just to look cool. Try actually discussing rather than whinning.

But if you guys don't agree, then i'll just stop saying what am saying xd.
    Temur likes this.
  8. Offline

Arnoldio
    There is no rule not to shoot in/out of DoD last time I checked. But firing at the actual main or main enterance is a bit meh. However if the game has gone so far I guess it's ok.
  9. Offline

terrry
    don't think there is one directly stated Arnoldio but I think the current "Don't shoot into main" rule sort of takes in to account the DoD. Whether or not this is ok is another matter, most people have disagreed with it on this thread so far so if anyone has there reasons why it should be kept, to try swing my opinion please do so.
  10. Offline
    Temur Temur Lean Mean Admin Machine

Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Ten Good Men Donor

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    Copying this over from an internal administration thread.

It is a working proposal, based largely on one made by Arnoldio in April 2017, and partially on an ongoing rewrite of the rules already underway prior to the management change. I have tinkered with it a number of times.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRTA Project Reality Server Rules (Deleted duplicate rules or unnecessary waffle across the whole board.)
    1. Communication
      1. All players must have a working microphone and correctly configured Mumble.
      2. Do not spam allchat, Mumble or the CommoRose at any time.
      3. English is the server language.
      4. !r is only to be used for reporting problems on the server. Spamming it, or abusing it for any other reason is prohibited.
    2. Squads (Slight reorganized, re-introduction of recon and allowance to use spotter kit.)
      1. Squads must not be created before the pre-round timer reaches 2:00.
      2. It's prohibited to lock INFANTRY squads with less than 6 players.
      3. It is prohibited to lock RECON squads with less than 4 players
      4. Free kit squads are prohibited. All squads must work cohesively and for the benefit of the team.
      5. Do not join a squad and take a kit without asking the Squad Leader first.
      6. All Squad Leaders of INFANTRY, RECON and MECHANISED INFANTRY squads must use the OFFICER or SPOTTER kits when the squad has between 2-8 players, unless the Squad Leader is operating a MECH INF asset.
      7. All players must obey the in-game hierarchy and follow orders.
    3. Assets & Claiming
    INFANTRY should be the backbone of gameplay, supported by assets. In order for there to be enough squad slots available for multiple INFANTRY squads to co-exist, similar asset types must group together in the asset squads named below. (Arnoldio reorganized the claiming to be broader, less nitpicky, especially about the naming and generally more realistic. With MECHINF being able to claim IFVs and APCs we might see more of it and this means less APCs and IFVs going off to fight tank wars at the corner of the map.)

(I have also made us more allowing with squad names - Americanised spellings would be permitted).

(3.1.1: 'less than 30 active players' - fixed to be consistent with rule 4.1.6 - 'caches may not be destroyed below 15v15 active players')

1. Heavy assets: Tanks, APCs, CAS, mortars, missile and suicide vehicles All heavy assets are prohibited while there are less than 30 active players on the server, unless explicitly allowed by an admin.
      2. Claimable assets can only be claimed with correct squad names:
        1. ARMOUR/ARMOR: All tanks, IFVs, APCs and Armoured Scout vehicles. Excludes IFVs and APCs that have been claimed by MECHINF.
        2. APC: All APCs and IFVs which have not been claimed by MECHINF.
        3. MECH INF:
          • Multiple MECH INF squads are permitted.
          • MECH INF may claim an IFV /APC once it has more than 6 members.
          • MECH INF choose which IFV/APC they want to use first, then the APC/ARMOUR squad can use what’s left.
          • MECH INF can only claim one vehicle per a squad at any time.
        4. CAS (Close Air Support): Attack reconnaissance aircraft and AAV vehicles. If there are no CAS aircraft, the AAV may not be claimed, and is subject to the same asset claim rules as non-claimable assets.
        5. TRANSPORT/TRANS: Dedicated to transportation and logistics. Claims all Transport Helicopters.
          • Assets may be requested for use by other squads from the TRANSPORT squad if the Squad Leader permits it.
        6. MORTARS: It's prohibited to lock MORTARS squad with less than 4 players.
      3. General asset claims:
        1. Where not otherwise defined, the squad which has been waiting the longest for an asset to spawn gets the asset(s).
        2. At the start of a round the waiting time starts when a squad is created; so the first squad to be created and named correctly gets the asset(s).
        3. There is no limit to the number of squads permitted, except if the number of squads exceeds the number of suitable assets available for which a squad has been named.
        4. Asset claims must be made between the time an asset has spawned and the time it leaves the base. Other factors contained within this section must also be taken into consideration.
        5. An asset which has previously been claimed legally cannot be claimed by a different squad unless that asset has been abandoned or destroyed.
      4. Vehicles must be manned by the minimum number of personnel required to operate it effectively. This means both a driver and gunner in armed vehicles, including AA vehicles.
      5. All other vehicles cannot be claimed prior use, but are considered squad property if in use.
      6. Duplicate asset squads are prohibited unless approved by the original squad.

4. Forbidden Tactics
      1. Suicide tactics are forbidden except for suicide vehicles.
      2. Intentional road-killing is prohibited, i.e. using your vehicle as a weapon.
      3. You are prohibited from attacking the opposing team’s first capable flag or any flag on the way to it from their main base until 10 minutes of gameplay has elapsed; unless it is active in the AAS order, or you are able to spawn on it.
      4. Attacking the last flag on Skirmish layers & seeding maps is prohibited. Admins will !say when you’re permitted to attack the last flag.
      5. Intentional team-killing is prohibited at all times. Apologise for accidents.
      6. Caches may not be destroyed below 15v15 players, unless explicitly allowed by an admin.
    5. Cheats and Glitches
      1. Cheating and glitching is prohibited.
      2. Any person suspected of cheating may be removed from the server until the incident can be further investigated.
      3. Discussing cheats, glitches or server attacks via in-game chat or Mumble will result in your removal from the server pending an investigation.
    6. Behaviour
      1. You must comply with the admin team.
      2. Intentionally insulting any player by any means is prohibited. We expect you to be mature and respectful at all times.
      3. Racism is prohibited.
      4. It is prohibited to supply or request information about player and asset locations, number of deployed assets or ticket count to the enemy team.
      5. Sabotaging your team, either directly or indirectly is prohibited.
      6. Refrain from debating admin decisions in-game. If you disagree with an admin's decision, please request us on our Discord server or create a report on our forums to solve the issue.
      7. Do not advertise or recruit for other clans or communities whilst on our server.
      8. Streaming on the server is prohibited unless it has been authorized by the admins.
      9. Inappropriate player and squad names will be removed from the server. This includes anything that is deemed in any way inappropriate, offensive, derogatory or inflammatory.
      10. Impersonating any individual, especially administrators, is forbidden.
    7. Teamwork and Gameplay
      1. All players and squads must work cohesively and for the benefit of the team in an organized and efficient manner.
      2. All PRTA members, leaders, admins, managers and heads of PRTA must follow server rules and can suffer the same consequences as other non-member players.
      3. Members with switch rights may switch only their members. It is up to the admins judgement to decide if a player may switch to the other side or not. If needed, admins will inform the leader of the unit that he needs to switch his members to the other team as a means of balancing the teams.
      4. Disruptive gameplay is prohibited. Disruptive gameplay is defined as any act that is detrimental to server gameplay. This includes; team-killing, purposely unbalancing teams, glitching, hacking or cheating, firing or launching weapons in main bases, and jumping on vehicles. This list is not exhaustive.
      5. Insurgency caches may be destroyed earlier at admin discretion if it isn't deemed as detrimental to gameplay.
    8. Main Bases / Out of Bounds Areas
      1. Attacking main bases and repair stations is prohibited. This includes camping the DoD and any choke point leading out of it.The only exception to this rule is when the main base is an active and cap-able flag.
      2. Engaging enemy air assets whilst they are taking off from a main base is prohibited.
      3. All players are expected to leave their main base as quickly as is reasonable. Any disruptive behaviour in main base is prohibited.
      4. No assets may be built inside your teams DoD.
      5. Firing into/out of a DoD is forbidden

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temur
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  11. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    My personal opinion on some of the topics being discussed in this thread:

• Squad leaders should be required to have officer kits. The problems people have with this rule is more about how our admins enforce it than the actual rule itself. We are extremely strict with its enforcement, leading to situations where context is being ignored. That's a matter of procedure and how we train our admins, and that can be changed without a change to the ruleset. The actual rule itself is, in my opinion, integral to ensuring our server has the level of teamwork that we wish. Apart from anything else, it's the biggest indicator to an admin that a squad is not a freekit squad. We need to be more mindful of why a squad leader might momentarily not have the officer kit, and less zealous with warning them. But to remove the rule would be a serious error, in my opinion.
    • Firing from/into DoD, attacking main bases and camping main chokepoints MUST be forbidden. There are too many players who would spent the entire game camping main, and it can be done so easily in PR that it is game-breaking. Again, it's a complicated thing to implement; much of it comes down to how our admins operate, rather than how rules are worded. Yet if players were allowed to attack main bases you would see a sharp increase in the number of rounds that become complete write-offs, with one team hiding in main waiting for the round to end. Those situations aren't fun, they kill the server, and they are counter-productive to what PR is about.
    I don't think our rules are any more complicated than they need to be. The training and preparation we give to new admins, however, is insufficient. Our admin handbook needs updating and new admins need more time spent with them to learn how to deal with complex situations like 'firing into main'. If we need to internally designate map-specific guidelines for administration, then we can do that. It doesn't need to be part of the ruleset, just part of internal procedure. Which should be made public anyway.

Temur
    Camel and cassius23 like this.
  12. Offline

PR:BF2 Lead Administrator AREA 94

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    So,

even tho I trust my admins on A94, I still believe that I should give minimal room when it comes to interpreting, simply to not have any cases where 2 admins enforce them in a different way and being accused of abuse. And I think this is the same case for everyone here. The rules should be as clear as possible to both the admins, as well as the common players.

Which leads me to this: Do NOT call this a list of "guidelines". If you do that, you take away every type of legislation you have. A guidline is something you would like someone to follow, not something someone must follow. And the rules are not there to ensure a good experience on the server, the rules are there to prevent a bad experience.

Which leads me to the next point: Only add rules that can actually be broken! A rule that can not be broken is not a rule, it is an explanation, an extension. (How to I break 5.2, 3.3, I could go on...).

Also make sure that the player is actually the person to break the rule! And not letting an admin decide if that rule has been broken. This is not always possible, take the main base examples I give earlier as an example. However, if you look at the current TK rule, it is heavily abusable. An admin can always decide when the player broke the rule. This is bad. However, letting an admin decide if that player should be punished for that is something entirely different. Now an example:
    "Intentional team-killing is prohibited at all times. Apologise for accidents."
    - You give admins the ability to choose when this rule has been broken and when it did not. This could leave to the admin being under fire afterwards
    And here another example:
    "Team-killing is prohibited at all times. Apologise for accidents."
    - Suddenly this looks entirely different. You dont give an admin the ability to decide when the player broke the rule, but instead you give an admin the ability to decide if a player should be punished for it. Because no matter if it was on purpose or not, he broke the rule. And worst case scenario, the rules will be under fire, instead of a single admin.

It is better to have way more rules broken and only punishing a few, than having to decide if a rule has actually been broken or not.

This might have gotten a bit too extended, but I have nothing todo right now so... :tounge:
    Camel, cassius23 and Temur like this.
  13. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    CAS_ual_TY You raise some excellent points, a number of which I hadn't considered before. Bravo.

The ruleset should absolutely be a ruleset, not 'guidelines'. 'Guidelines' should be internal and separate - part of our Admin Handbook - and they should only exist to assist the enforcement of rules. I think we're in agreement here. You're correct that our ruleset does contain a number of rules that 'can't be broken', but only in the way they're worded. 3.3 and 5.2 need changing. I will look at that for a 5th draft of my proposal. The spirit behind them, however, is in the right place.

Looking at Area 94's ruleset, there is much we can learn from it in terms of simplicity and effectiveness. Provided CAS_ual_TY doesn't have a problem with it, I'd like to borrow some ideas in my 5th draft?

Our ruleset does have some unique strengths. It's only 'more complicated' than other communities because we have MECH INF, which I'm a huge fan of. Take away all the sections related to MECH INF, reword the rest of it so it's cleaner and it's about the same size & complexity as other community's rulesets.

Our rules promote, in my opinion, the highest level of teamwork and communication. But that is only when they work effectively, i.e. when they are being enforced appropriately and when people are abiding by them. In that sense, every ruleset must strike a balance.

The balance is between being so complicated that nobody understands them and therefore they aren't abided by, and so basic that they reduce the quality of gameplay. We lean towards the former, and should look to simplify them a little.

But only a little.
  14. Offline

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    You can copy the rules 1 by 1 if you want and then modify them as you please. I can also take a look at them once you come up with another draft
  15. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    Below is a 5th Draft of my proposed ruleset. It aims to be cleaner and simpler than our current ruleset, whilst retaining some of the elements that make PRTA a great server for teamwork.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRTA Project Reality Server Rules
    1. Communication (Improved wording)
      1. All players must have a working microphone and correctly configured Mumble.
      2. Do not spam allchat, Mumble or the CommoRose at any time.
      3. English is the server language.
      4. !r is only to be used for reporting problems. Spamming it, making false reports or abusing it in any other way is prohibited.
    2. Squads (RECON squads permitted. Borrowed some wording from A94.)
      1. Squads must not be created before the pre-round timer reaches 2:00.
      2. Do not lonewolf.
      3. Do not join a squad and take a kit without asking the Squad Leader first.
      4. Free kit squads are prohibited. All squads must work cohesively and for the benefit of the team.
      5. It's prohibited to lock INFANTRY or RECON squads with less than 6 players.
      6. Squad Leaders of INFANTRY and MECHANISED INFANTRY squads must use the OFFICER kits when the squad has between 2-8 players, where possible.
      7. Squad Leaders of RECON squads may use SPOTTER kits instead of OFFICER kits.
      8. All players must obey the in-game hierarchy and follow orders.
    3. Assets & Claiming (Relaxed naming rules, borrowed some 'General Asset Claims' wording from A94)
      1. Heavy assets: Tanks, APCs, CAS, mortars, missile and suicide vehicles All heavy assets are prohibited while there are less than 30 active players on the server, unless explicitly allowed by an admin.
      2. Claimable assets can only be claimed with correct squad names:
        1. ARMOUR/ARMOR: Claims all Tanks, IFVs, APCs and Armoured Scout vehicles. Excludes IFVs and APCs that have been claimed by MECHINF.
        2. APC: Claims all APCs and IFVs which have not been claimed by MECHINF.
        3. MECH INF:
          • Multiple MECH INF squads are permitted.
          • MECH INF may claim an IFV /APC once it has more than 6 members.
          • MECH INF choose which IFV/APC they want to use first, then the APC/ARMOUR squad can use what’s left.
          • MECH INF can only claim one vehicle per squad.
        4. CAS (Close Air Support): Claims Jets, Attack Helicopters and AAV vehicles. If there are no CAS aircraft, the AAV may not be claimed.
        5. TRANSPORT/TRANS: Claims all Transport Helicopters.
        6. MORTARS: Claims all mortar emplacements.
      3. General asset claims:
        1. Where not otherwise defined, the squad which has been waiting the longest for an asset to spawn gets the asset(s).
        2. At the start of a round the waiting time starts when a squad is created; so the first squad to be created and named correctly gets the asset(s).
        3. Assets may be used by other squads only if both Squad Leaders agree to it.
        4. Duplicate asset squads are forbidden unless the Squad Leader of the original asset squad consents to it.
        5. Vehicles must be manned by the minimum number of personnel required to operate it effectively.
        6. Do not take assets if you do not know how to use them.
        7. The squad leader of asset squads has full control over the assets. Do not steal any assets and do not take them without the consent of the squad leader.
        8. All other vehicles cannot be claimed prior use, but are considered squad property if in use.

4. Forbidden Tactics
      1. Suicide tactics are forbidden, except for suicide vehicles.
      2. Intentional road-killing is prohibited, i.e. using your vehicle as a weapon.
      3. You are prohibited from attacking the opposing team’s first capable flag or any flag on the way to it from their main base until 10 minutes of gameplay has elapsed; unless it is active in the AAS order, or you are able to spawn on it.
      4. Attacking the last flag on Skirmish layers & seeding maps is prohibited. Admins will !say when you’re permitted to attack the last flag.
      5. Intentional team-killing is prohibited at all times. Apologise for accidents.
      6. Caches may not be destroyed below 30 active players, unless explicitly allowed by an admin.
    5. Cheats and Glitches (Simplified)
      1. Cheating and glitching is prohibited. Any person suspected of cheating may be removed from the server until the incident can be further investigated.
      2. Discussing cheats, glitches or server attacks via in-game chat or Mumble will result in your removal from the server pending an investigation.
    6. Behaviour (Updated)
      1. You must comply with the admin team.
      2. Intentionally insulting any player by any means is prohibited. We expect you to be mature and respectful at all times.
      3. Racism is prohibited.
      4. It is prohibited to supply or request information about player and asset locations, number of deployed assets or ticket count to the enemy team.
      5. Sabotaging your team, either directly or indirectly is prohibited.
      6. Do not debate admin decisions in-game. If you disagree with an admin's decision, please request us on our Discord server or create a report on our forums to solve the issue.
      7. Do not advertise or recruit for other clans or communities whilst on our server.
      8. Streaming on the server is prohibited unless it has been authorized by the admins.
      9. Inappropriate player and squad names will be removed from the server. This includes anything that is deemed purposefully inappropriate, offensive, derogatory or inflammatory.
      10. Impersonating any individual, especially administrators, is forbidden.
    7. Teamwork and Gameplay
      1. All players and squads must work cohesively and for the benefit of the team in an organized and efficient manner.
      2. All PRTA members, leaders, admins, managers and heads of PRTA must follow server rules and can suffer the same consequences as other non-member players.
      3. Members with switch rights may switch only their members. It is up to the admins judgement to decide if a player may switch to the other side or not. If needed, admins will inform the leader of the unit that he needs to switch his members to the other team as a means of balancing the teams.
      4. Disruptive gameplay is prohibited. Disruptive gameplay is defined as any act that is detrimental to server gameplay. This includes; team-killing, purposely unbalancing teams, glitching, hacking or cheating, firing or launching weapons in main bases, and jumping on vehicles. This list is not exhaustive.
    8. Main Bases / Out of Bounds Areas (Simplified, borrowed wording from A94. Added rule preventing firing in/out of a DoD)
      1. Repair Stations are also considered 'Main Base'. Attacking Main Bases is prohibited. This includes camping the DoD and any choke point leading out of it. The only exception to this rule is when the main base is an active and cap-able flag.
      2. Firing into/out of a DoD is forbidden.
      3. Do not attack or fire into the enemy main base unless it is an active and cap-able flag.
      4. Do not fire out of your own main base unless you are using AA placements or it is an active and cap-able flag.
      5. Do not camp or mine the enemy main base or choke points leaving out of it.
      6. Do not build any emplacements within your team's DoD.

Please compare them to our current ruleset for a full understanding of the changes: http://prteamwork.com/rules/prbf2/

All input is appreciated!
    Terrry and Sloan like this.
  16. Offline

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    I would rewrite everything entirely, tbh.

Anyways, here 2 more examples:

4.1.1. Its the situation I explained above.
    6.1.1 and 6.1.6. is kinda not needed both. I mean, I would remove it completely, since players should be forced to follow the rules, not the admins. In theory, an admin can come to a player and tell that player to give up one jet to the admin, otherwise he wouldnt be following the rules. And even tho you would punish the admin for that and say it wasnt correct, if you look at the rules - it was.

7.1.1. Is also a rule that I see on almost all servers. Yet what does this rule mean? What does it prevent? The only thing it adds is that every party mentioned in that rule will not only be breaking the initial X rule, but also this one. Meaning that everyone mentioned in here is suspect to harder punishment since that player will automatically also break this rule.
    Example:
    Non-PRTA player teamkills, breaks 7.1.4.
    A PRTA player teamkills, breaks 7.1.4. AND 7.1.1. and thus would need a harsher punishment.

Also, before you keep drafting entire rulesets, start with single categories first, since it seems like a lot of people are not rly on the same currently, considering mainly Armour and Mech Inf. But you have not cleared up Main Base & DoD yet, either.

Finally, I highly recommend just starting from scratch and drafting a custom ruleset without looking at any other server rules (including your own). Once that is done, you can look at X rules and add what is missing. This way you will get an entire new way of thinking and only like this you will be able to draft something that really blows your own mind.
  17. Offline

Member Foxtrot

thebookshelf
    I dont play PR as much as i did before but the one thing that i would like as a rule, and that is that an asset can not be claimed by another squad if that squad is created afther the assest has left the base. If there is a map with tanks and apc's, and say there is a tank in base but no armour squad. apc squad takes one tank to use it effectivly against the enemies for 20 minutes and then a wild Armour squad gets created. The armour squad cant demand that the tank to be returned. ofc they can ask but not demand it returned. I would like a rule saying the following.

*asset(s) can only be claimed from when it has spawned and before it leaves the base.

This gives the oppertunity for the rest of the team to use assest(s) sitting in main base doing nothing, against the enemie if the privius armour squad rage quits for being stomped on early game, and no other have been created.

yes the players in the apc squad could have made a armour squad, but some times 2 out of 8 people would like to play a tank while waiting for apc and they would like to stay in apc squad becasue they might have people there they like to play with.

this does not need to be applyed only to armour but other assest(s) aswell.

and if you are afraid that people will waste asset(s) these already exist for admins to swing the ban hammer.
    *Do not take assets if you do not know how to use them.
    *Sabotaging your team, either directly or indirectly is prohibited.

:wink:
  18. Offline

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    CAS_ual_TY What's wrong with 4.1.1.?

You're right about 6.1.1 and 6.1.6 being the same, I'll amalgamate them both into one. I don't agree to remove it though. It's useful to have a 'blanket' rule which enables admins to deal with situations which might not be specifically covered in the ruleset. There are always grey areas, and the admins should have the final say when disputes arise. 6.1.1. is there for that reason.

Even in theory, an admin can't abuse 6.1.1. because it goes against internal rules for administration, which aren't publicly available. Admins cannot abuse any rule for personal again. I have faith that our admin team does not and would not do that, because our Admin Handbook explicitly ordains against it and all new admins are required to read, know and understand it.

Do you mean 7.1.2.? That should remain there. Even if it seems pointless, it does serve a purpose. It gives non-PRTA members and the wider community grounds to hold PRTA admins, members and management responsible for rule-breaking with use of our own internal logic. It's a fail-safe for any potential abuse. Of course, it doesn't really need to be said, as the ruleset applies to all players using our server, regardless of who they are. Yet it doesn't do any harm. Having 'double jeapordy' for PRTA members is important, because it forces us to expect higher standards from our members and administrative teams. I don't see a problem with the fact PRTA members, admins and management should expect greater punishment for rule-breaking. 'Be the change you want to see'.

Agree about starting from scratch, but I don't think it's that messy. Perhaps sections 4, 6 and 7 could be reorganised a bit, but the rest is still clear and logical.

What needs to be cleared up about Main Base and DoD?

Thanks again for your feedback, by the way.

Temur
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2017 ---
    Thebookshelf

I see where you're coming from, but it's an extremely difficult rule to an enforce and has the potential to be abused.

If a team has assets sitting unused and some players want to use them, I don't see why they can't make an asset squad. Our admins are instructed to only enforce asset claiming rules if asset squads are made. i.e. if a team has APCs sitting at main unused and there is no APC squad, so an infantry squad starts to use them, they are allowed to do so up until a point an APC/MECH INF squad is made.
  19. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager Technical Dept. Lead Coder Sysadmin

Scientific software engineer
    Sloan[EEF]
    The APC claim order is undefined when considering ARMOUR vs APC squads.

"Multiple MECH INF squads are permitted." and "Duplicate asset squads are forbidden unless the Squad Leader of the original asset squad consents to it." are contradictory, specifying which rule takes precedence in the second rule would solve that.

Starting from scratch is probably the worst option, we've had numerous problems getting big rule changes through in the past as a result of a small number of contentious changes blocking everything else. Breaking the change set down and applying those that people agree on first is more effective at getting real change to happen.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Temur and Chav like this.
  20. Offline

VTRaptor
    Well, i'll just leave it here.
    [​IMG]
    Leave IFVs to APC squad to prevent this, and also to prevent ARMOUR from not giving a single fok about loosing their assets.

Just look at assets on black gold, that ARMOUR claims:
    3 tanks
    1 AT vehicle
    1 Scout vehicle
    1 IFV