1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Official PR Retro map-pack available here.

Announcement PRTA One-Life Event - Op. Purgatory - 18:00 PRT, 15th April 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Junior Administrator Member OU Tournament - Member Art of War

Medicine Student
    PR:BF2 Name:
    azmooz
    in my opinion, never ever mix one life with assets
    Arnoldio or the one who took that choice upon many requests
  2. Offline
    NickTronic NickTronic "Rest In Pieces"

Member OU Tournament - Member PRTA

NickTronic
    Great work on the event. One life with assets can work but only let people who know how to use the assets to take them. Random people crashing CAS in the first 30 seconds is not great in any way.
  3. Offline

OU Tournament - Member

Just because the event plays different with assets doesn't mean it is bad. With assets the round is of course going to be shorter and will be decided quickly once the assets start wiping each other out.

It is just a different playstile.
    ArkUTD likes this.
  4. Offline

PR:BF2 Recruitment Officer PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Member OU Tournament - Member PRTA

[RIP]Oskar
    Props to Arnold and his team for their glorious victory! :thumbsup:
    Blaze. likes this.
  5. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Moderator Blood Bound OU Tournament - Leader Donor

ArkUTD
    excellent event, the assets added a interesting mixture, kept me on my toes, think inf had a hard time, but the map was open, maybe a city map with assets next would be cool
    Blaze. likes this.
  6. Offline
    Blaze. Blaze. Ping always high. Hit rate always low. I'm sorry.

Tester Member OU Tournament - Member Foxtrot

Hoshizora Foundation
    Blaze.
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Blaze
    ArkUTD likes this.
  7. Offline
    VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Tester OU Tournament - Leader Art of War Donor

Teacher
    Vatsug
    I prefer INF only - Because when you play as a heavy asset, you have the feeling of 1L all the time. You lose it, you're "banned" from doing that asset until it respawn again.
  8. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Recruitment Scout PRTA OU Tournament - Organiser OU Tournament - Leader

Arnoldio
    Many griefers and problems. Russia was down to 140 tickets in no time. Asset heavy maps work decently, it would be completely ok if it was an organized sign-up match.

Thanks for playing, I'll star working on the next one. :biggrin:
  9. Offline

Member Foxtrot

University Dude
    -Camel-
    My thoughts also. Heavy assets add excitement only if both teams have balanced players using them. They are at the same time a risk factor to make matches less exciting when that it is not the case.

Being a GI grunt myself, for what is worth, also I'd prefer one-life events relying more on infantry. But you Arnoldio are the boss, so you got my 100% support and gratitude in anything you bother to organize for us.

In any case, I had a good time with the lads in cassius squad. ;-)
    ArkUTD and Blaze. like this.
  10. Offline
    Blaze. Blaze. Ping always high. Hit rate always low. I'm sorry.

Tester Member OU Tournament - Member Foxtrot

Hoshizora Foundation
    Blaze.
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Blaze
    It's Ghost squad, Camel. Led by Cassius :biggrin:
    Camel, ArkUTD and Danielj15 like this.
  11. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager Technical Dept. Lead Coder Sysadmin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

Scientific software engineer
    Sloan[EEF]
    I think my original vehicle warfare game mode would work quite well as a one-life event, I might try it some time in the future.
    Arnoldio, Blaze. and ArkUTD like this.
  12. Offline

MuRK.
    This event was much, much faster.
    Heavy assets brought up a Vehicle Warfare feel to the game and with heavy assets came a more painful ticket loss. Six pieces of armoured assets (3 light/3 heavy) gave no room for infantry to breath, specially in such an open map. On-foot personnel often saw itself pinned down in the few compounds and villages in the map, hiding from enemy armour and air.
    Lake Objective, which was the central capture point, was a very open wide spot, meaning that if any infantry was to move in, enemy CAS and armoured assets would just go there and wipe them off the map. This crucial point in the map was a death trap.
    Infantry squads were deemed useless on this event seeing as the only real use for them was FOB enplacement operation (mortars/TOW/anti-air) with only two FOB's allowed to be built.

Germany's defeat was due to lack of amour support and coordition between ground (armour and infantry) and air. APCs were given away to infantry squads and it all went wrong, seeing as a great number of Germany's infantrymen were killed in action at earlier stages of the game. Tank squad did try to engage enemy armour but couldn't support friendly infantry due to the intimidating presence of enemy CAS. The team was very dependant of armoured support and it all went downhill from there.
    Russian forces recovered very well from a bad beggining involving the loss of all fixed-wing aircraft. German forces had an apparent aerial control but after its only surviving air asset crumbled down from the skies, Russia gained true air dominance with a fully functional Havoc still up in the air during the majority of the fight. Russian armour was very present and really packed a punch against German infantry. Armour positioning was great and managed to keep a good ground control and dominance. OPFOR had a general aerial and ground control of the map which earned them their well deserved victory.

Suggestion: Heavy assets are good in smaller numbers for this particular event. A set up with three armour assets (3 light or 1 heavy/2 light) and only one CAS asset (helicopter gunship, preferebly) would be very fitting for these particular game rules and would give infantry something to work with. A map like Jabal Al'Burj or any other map envolving urban combat, some open grounds and heavy assets would fit perfectly for the next map choice.

Great game lads, congrats to Russia for crushing Germany. I, as part of the German team, will say that you guys pounded us hard. Just a little dissapointed for the fact that the game didn't last that long but still, thanks for the time you spend setting up these events, PRTA guys!
    VatsugC, Camel, cassius23 and 5 others like this.
  13. Offline

OU Tournament - Member

It was to be expected that the round would be over quickly since assets speed things up quite a bit. Not a bad thing imo, but their needs to be some adjustments for asset heavy maps and maybe sign ups for asset crews beforehand.

Someone also suggested playing two rounds per event when the maps are asset heavy, i think that's a good idea.

Also can someone please tell me where i can get the BR file from this event?
    I looked in the event server section but it isn't posted there.
    Blaze. and Temur like this.
  14. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Recruitment Scout PRTA OU Tournament - Organiser OU Tournament - Leader

Arnoldio
    There needs to be exactly 0 ajdustment to the game. Once again the tickets worked perfectly - Russia had 2 tanks, APC and BTR (i think), together with 3 full infantry squads atleast. Germany "surrendered" as it would be pointless to die.

One month, one life,
    One true religion.
    One map, one death,
    One real decision.
    Wowowowo, gimme one vision!

BR faylo: http://eu1.prta.co/servers/prbf2/4/demos/auto_2017_04_15_20_13_35.bf2demo
    Blaze. and ArkUTD like this.