1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Announcement PRTA One-Life Event - Black Hawk Down - 18:00 PRT, 13th MAY 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, May 7, 2017.

1. Offline
    RoBOticRebel RoBOticRebel Lazy bastard

Member Foxtrot

Doing nothing
    PR:BF2 Name:
    RoBOticRebel
    You shouldn't be
    We got rescued in literally less than 1 minute so you didn't miss anything
    Personally I've never seen any enemies
    So again you didn't miss ANYTHING from being just a normal player
    WeedT0aster likes this.
  2. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Junior Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    Dont worry, next month you will be the star of the show WeedT0aster :biggrin:
  3. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería

University Dude
    -Camel-
    I really suffered (and enjoyed!) in this one-lifer. As officer of the 6-men strong Hispanic "Cannon-fodder" Infantry unit, we were commissioned to approach the crashing site of Blackhawk 6-1 from the South and to support the attack of the other squads.

We advanced in column formation following the dry creek south of the Eastern Mosque, machine gunner covering our movements from the bridge. Things seemed uncannily quiet, only the sounds of flies disrupting the silence of the suffocating heat. Suddenly we were stormed by a horde of skinnies emerging en masse from the West. I ordered my men not to engage the enemy but to fall back Eastwards instead, however, the machine gunner couldn't follow us and got cut off to the South. A bullet wounded him on a leg. I decided to order my hombres to fall back further East in order to link up again with him and to regroup East of the small settlement SW of the lake.

From the hills East, we used the material superiority of our scopes to fence some of the skinnies off. For a sweet brief moment, I thought we could get out of the hot spot. However, the enemy suddenly decided to attack us with irrational fury, surrounding us with numerous infantrymen and sending our way up to three technical truck vehicles with machine guns. Being flanked by the vehicles, we were forced to seek shelter in the settlement houses. Once in, and from the windows of the small adobe hut where I ended up, I saw West and South-West numbers of skinnies creeping through the settlement, suppressing our position and closing in on us. I radioed command, but our troops were busy capturing Blackhawk 6-1 and no forces could be spared South. I gripped tightly my assault rifle and ordered my men to dig in.
    Deep down, I knew we were in the shit.

For what felt like an eternity, we fought them bravely like Hispanic warriors to the last clip. In the heat of the battle, the shrapnel of a mean enemy grenade wounded me badly. Bleeding profusely, I held to my rifle and returned fire for a while longer. But as my strengths started to abandon me and my surroundings began to fade to black, I crumbled to the floor and from there I could do nothing but to keep hearing the deafening sounds of the fierce fight going on and the cries of my men. My last thoughts were of my family, back home.

Four soldiers from the Hispanic "Cannon-Fodder" Infantry unit died in service of our country. All good men.

Two brave soldiers survived that day, and returned to honor our families.

God bless America.

PS. Very much looking forward to the PRISM recording!
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  4. Offline
    VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

Art of War

Teacher
    Vatsug
    The way you guys held out down there in the middle of nowhere, with very limited cover, supplies and the only support able to reach you was a marksman from CO squad who targeted the techies. I was amazed every time I looked on the map and saw you were still holding out, I thought you had exaggerated the situation at one point until my Sniper got in position and confirmed the situation - I also spoke to one of the Skinnies fighting you down there after the battle, saying they were "heavily engaged so they called in techies for support" - when in fact it wasn't even a full squad in the area. Great job, worthy of a comparison with the Alamo and a post-humorous Medal of Honor to the men who fought to their last patch and mag :wink:
    Around the time of your death, Arnoldio's men had reached the area and provided some cover for the surviving soldiers. We went on to seize control over the second flag by surrounding the area with minimal resistance and killing those still willing to put up a fight through safe runs with CAS.

Favorite quote of the match "I lost comms with squad seven." - "Ye, the only guy able to speak English in their squad died."
    maxlk96, Blaze., Danielj15 and 4 others like this.
  5. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster " Honour Ancient"

PR:BF2 Trial Administrator Member PRTA

cafeteria laborer
    WeedT0aster1
    haha can't wait.
    Danielj15 likes this.
  6. Offline

Arnoldio
    Camel

Here is tracker: http://eu1.prta.co/servers/prbf2/tr...racker/tracker_2017_05_13_20_19_34.PRdemo#729

Our squad, comprised of the four "rescued" airmen and after being situated on the FOB with full loadout, we went north in order to secure the northern flank. A humvee was brought to us so we could use it in the push. Sadly it ended very quickly - an SPG teche landed a full frontal hit before we knew it and that's how I lost two of my good men. To put salt on the wound, two 50.cal techies rushed us in order to clear infantry and as we ran into the houses for cover, the houses fell down on us. Only two members still alive, and nothing they could do about it until the CO squad helped with ranged fire and drove the vehicles away. Another two of my men were buried under the rubble and although we could still speak to them, they were trapped and we couldn't save them.
    We fell back to the FOB to regain our strenght and focus after the terrible losses. Soon after we got called into action again. We still had one humvee at disposal and we utilized it. When we arrived at the crashsite, we were called by the HQ to urgently help the surrounded squad 7. Dismouting at the city edge proved to be fatal to our gunner - another SPG hit and vehicle lost. A follow up shot knocked out another one, but we could get him up fast and retreat in the backalleys. With no intel and stray enemies in our vicinity, we could only do so much to help squad 7. We decided to fall back and clear our surroundings first, but a fierce battle just down the street involving squad 5 prevented us to move in that direction aswell. I made a quick decision to go back south to the city border and at least distrack the enemies so squad 7 can get a break. A stray soldier followed us but our sectors were covered so we killed him.
    Situated on a house of pain, we had limited vision on the techies and enemies, but we laid down some suppressive fire. Squad 7 SL died and we lost comms. Incoming 50.cal fire didn't help either. I considered squad 7 a lost cause and moved to the next objective. Another stray soldier killed. Majority of the squads were fighting in the T building which was full of enemies so we were the only ones that arrivet at the door of the water tower compound. Another stray enemy killed exiting the very compound and then we waited for reinforcements. By this time, the T bulding was cleared and squad 2 came in from the north to reinforce the main enterance. I decided to take a peek inside and saw two tangos moving about - fired a couple of bursts then just as I retreated to cover, a large explosion happened at the gate. Luckily nobody was injured.
    Other squads moved in to help, enemies were picked off one after another and we seized the control of the city.
    Blaze., Temur and Camel like this.
  7. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager Technical Dept. Lead Coder Sysadmin

Scientific software engineer
    Sloan[EEF]
    That would be my grenade.
    Blaze., Temur and cassius23 like this.
  8. Offline
    Hayal_Israeli Hayal_Israeli My !b avada kedavra spell will be yours!

Resident Moderator Tester Israeli Lions Officer Donor

המפקד בשריון יבן זונה
    Hayal_Israeli

Its a pitty i crashed but this is what i got haha
  9. Offline

Arnoldio
    > "Watch out for civies we will lose intelligence points, I've read that you get intelligence points in AAS now aswell."
    > "So there is gonna be 2 caches?"
    > Has AR in static position and does not deploy
    > "Wait, we had 48 people, now we have 49?"
    > "They should change the password midgame"
    > "What is the objective? - I think it's TDM"
    > "Need 2 guys for flag cap."

Goddamit, people unable to read leads to cringe like this. Or maybe it's the intelligence points...
  10. Offline
    Hayal_Israeli Hayal_Israeli My !b avada kedavra spell will be yours!

Resident Moderator Tester Israeli Lions Officer Donor

המפקד בשריון יבן זונה
    Hayal_Israeli
    AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    KraviZioni likes this.
  11. Offline
    KraviZioni KraviZioni the love towards Israel and its town

Member Israeli Lions Enlisted

Shlomi_Fenix
    Hayal vid is very top at the RIP time
    Hayal_Israeli likes this.
  12. Offline
    Blaze. Blaze. Ping always high. K/D rate always low. I'm sorry.

Tester Member Foxtrot

Hoshizora Foundation
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Blaze
    Blaze.
    Yay I contributed probably.
    And then DC'd surely.
    Arnoldio likes this.
  13. Offline

PR:BF2 Junior Administrator Coder

cassius23
    Pilots congregation:
    [​IMG]
  14. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster " Honour Ancient"

PR:BF2 Trial Administrator Member PRTA

cafeteria laborer
    WeedT0aster1
    It was a pain in the a*s to get into the CAS choppers, I think they restarted the server because of it.