1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Announcement PRTA One-Life Event - Battle of Grozny - 18:00 PRT, 16th September 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PR:BF2 Name:
    Pink_Panther
    Wow Mursurn, North Suburbs hero. Its a shame you had to kill em all by yourself though.
  2. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería

University Dude
    -Camel-
    Jesus, that must have felt good!
  3. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

Pink_Panther
    As commaner of the militia here is my AAR :

The battle plan :
    - Consisted in holding the 2 first flags. I knew that we wouldn't of been able to hold the 2 flags at once, having to divide my forces intention on 2 fronts would of been too much to hastle with. It was of necessary importance though that we atleast kept one flag held, losing them would of meant to let the enemy team encircle the city and divide our forces on 3 sides that we wouldn't of been able to cover as a team.

- The first flag was supposed to be capt easely by the enemy forces, the area was booby trapped with sentries to guide us on enemy movement, so we could mortar them and let them move in the city where our main force would be ready to welcome them. Unfortunately, with lack of organisation and communication, area was not booby trapped accurately and with limited explosives, but mortars were ready in time. I wanted to set an hq with mortars and defences straight in the middle of the city, to provide a strong and realiable retreat and quick redispatchement for our team, incase things didn't go as planned, or if enemy made a push we weren't ready to handle. This didn't go as planned however, I let the dedicated mortar man settup in DOD, which wasen't fair play, but at that moment I realised I couldn't count on my team nor have the time to make this original plan happen.

- By the time the game started, our forces were ready to and set. The formation wasen't properly orchestrated however, but decent enough to hold. My recommendations consisted on having 6 men squad minimum in order to have as many marksmen as possible. For the city has most of the buildings enterable, and small pockets of men dissiminated all around the designed area would of allowed us to know where exactly enemy forces would be heading, and provide strong cover for everybody, because most buildings were in positions that allowed ppl to support themselves from building to building. Marksmen were suppposed to be dessiminated in isolated places and rooftops (with the help of ropes) while still being connected to eachother. But then I realised this won't happen, because I couldn't count on the study of the architecture of the city by my SL
    I have a special commendation for squad 4 however who followed instructions properly exept having a marksman, but this was of little matter for they have completed their role throughout the whole game, and were a valuable asset in spotting enemy forces.

The battle :
    I thought the Russians were gonna have a tank, this confusion has led to extra caution for my team, but didn't hinder anything in the process of what happened.

Like I had cautionned, the enemy moved from the west through the forest, for it was the only way for them to move up without having to enter the city. When this came into reality, I realised I could of dedicated people in the forest for an ambush with Ieds and more. I was frustrated. But then, it was pointless frustration, for we weren't even able to settup the first flag properly. To my surprise and deception, the enemy wasen't attacking the first flag, so I knew they would attack from the south west, but I haden't properly realised it yet.

I was stationned in a position that would oversee the whole western, eastern and southern part of this city, next to what was supposed to be my HQ. Anyways, having my troops holding on the northern part of the city. I dedicated myself to have eyes incase any flanking manouever was entering the southern part of the city. This though was too much to ask from a commander.
    In the momentum of taking our first casualties, guiding mortar attacks, telling squad 4 to retreat to a stronger position and asking squads to relocate for a south western offensive, the sniper that had joined my company warned me 1 second too late as I was struck by lightning by BTR shells. He ran up to me, to see if I was ok, but my chest was already bursted to bits by the first shot.

That BTR was the last thing I thought would of killed me. A sniper in the cold of the covered skies looking up the city would of been a better trade for my lack of cautiousness. Those puss were playing hide and seek with their engines. They got what they deserved when they entered the city.

That sniper made it off though, and still managed to play a role later in the battle. I commend that sniper for saving me 1sec too tale, and genuinly assisting me in spotting.

With leadership falling, squad 4 still retreated, but no one else moved. Luckily I had designed a secondary commander in time, but the crows were still screeching. I knew we were still gonna hold the flag though, for when I saw the squads I was asking to move didn't budge, I guessed they would sit this throughout the entire game, even if it was in detriment of the rest of the team. Other squads had to do something though. And so I Ghosted with the help of Chav, to see what was still going on. This is where comes in line my next commendation for this battle.

Ark's squad was standing tight as the backbone of our forces ready to move in once the enemy was in the city and cut em off. But since the enemies were attacking down south from the west, he just had to move. That is why I asked him to retreat and attack the enemy from the south, that would force them in the city where they will be pinned by the rest of our forces. Either way he didn't move, and I also thought that he could as much go for the forest and surprise the reserves of the enemy. But we couldn't know what would wait for him there. It was a bold move, like the ones that make epic fights. And so they did move up there, and it was for the best. Wish I was there.

But now, for the true hero of the battle. Mursurn, the lone sentry who single handedly took down a whole squad cheeky breeky style. I commend him for fighting them off, although there was a full squad of friendlies standing still 2 blocks away from him.

The rest insued and cheking the server, we outnumbered the enemy 2 to 1. The battle was won no matter what. I still commend the last remaining Russians for giving a brave last stand, that lasted for more then 30m.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Camel, ArkUTD and Danielj15 like this.
  4. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster For god & country, Geronimo

PR:BF2 Junior Administrator Event Team Assistant Member Ten Good Men

cafeteria laborer
    WeedT0aster1
    you forgot about my mortar spamming the first two enemy squads!
    Camel likes this.
  5. Offline

Trailblazer