1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Announcement PRTA One-Life Event - Battle of Grozny - 18:00 PRT, 16th September 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Member PRTA

PR:BF2 Name:
    terrry
    how would integrating squad chat into local make it unrealistic? You're still going to hear someone speaking into a radio regardless of if they are deciding to speak locally (without the use of a radio) or speaking into a radio to communicate with their squad members, the only draw back would be not hearing the other end of the communication if the soldier had a headset instead of a hand held radio.

Wish this could be fully integrated but still will be interesting to see in local with the inevitable taunting, but it will just end up making squad chat-when two friendly squads are together- a shit storm of information that a squad leader is relaying to other squad leaders to relay to their squad members to avoid the giving away of position just speaking in local to one another quickly.
  2. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Junior Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    The part that you completely understand what the enemy is saying is unreal, the rest is ok. I would also want local when transmitting on squad, would be awesome.
  3. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster " Honour Ancient"

PR:BF2 Trial Administrator Member PRTA

cafeteria laborer
    WeedT0aster1
    I didn't say that it would be unrealistic ONLY, I said that it would result in bad situations as the enemy will know what you are doing and where are you going, yet it would make bad gameplay, unrealistic scenarios and more in a bad matter..
  4. Offline

Donor

ArkUTD
    Don't mean you can't use the squad type coms in game....?!?

Oh, and what's the asset each side have?
  5. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

Pink_Panther
    if u want that to work u have to make local input a voice detector... So you could hear ur friends eating chips and fapping.
  6. Offline

Arnoldio
    Im hyped! Clean your rifles and check equipment, the day is coming!
    Danielj15 likes this.
  7. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster " Honour Ancient"

PR:BF2 Trial Administrator Member PRTA

cafeteria laborer
    WeedT0aster1
    fush fush fush, I can't fushing participate, I am going to try but, I hope I can.
  8. Offline

Arnoldio
  9. Offline
    Blaze. Blaze. Ping always high. K/D rate always low. I'm sorry.

Tester Member Foxtrot

Hoshizora Foundation
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Blaze
    Blaze.
    cmiiw but I think it's probably this:
    ArkUTD likes this.
  10. Offline

Donor

ArkUTD
    at least someone read the post
  11. Offline

Arnoldio
    Not to mention I told you already...

[​IMG]
  12. Offline

Donor

ArkUTD
    YOU NEVER SAID ANYTHONG ABOUT MTLB!!!
  13. Offline

Arnoldio
    Those are minuses... default louadout minus the tank and minus the bmp. Git gud. :biggrin:
    ArkUTD likes this.
  14. Offline

Arnoldio
    Seeding!
    Chagall likes this.
  15. Offline

Member PRTA

qs-racer
    coming as soon as possible, hope not too late​
  16. Offline

LEGIYA
    I played all events.
    This one was by far the most fun of them all!
    Chagall and ArkUTD like this.
  17. Offline

Manager PR:BF2 Head PR:BF2 Temp. Lead Administrator Lead Moderator Senior Tester Member PRTA

Squad Name:
    Chav
    Chav
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017 at 05:08
    ArkUTD likes this.
  18. Offline

Arnoldio
    Here is my AAR.

My initial plan was to send a 3 man team to the house in C6, then call in the rest if it's clear, to set up the mortars.
    However, I forgot to send scouts on the north side aswell, to report any defenses that stick out.

After setting the mortars up, we came under accurate mortar fire after a while, and I had to relocate the forces south to the factory to minimise casualties. From then on out, they slowly pushed into the center to start a foothold - Was far from ideal. Once in a fight, looked like pulling back was not an option so I decided to tr attacking the suburbs from the east, which also saw one of thesquad who were waiting from my squad to get decimated. APCs were lost in the city, squads lost good men, our squad merged with the survivors of the western squad and we went for the last push in hopes to attack the first flag from the north. Almost managed it with a headless rush, only to be wiped out by a machinegun one by one... And then mumble stopped working for the last survivor so we all died due to communication breakdown. Thanks mumble.

I honestly thought that the first flag would house 1/3 of the forces, with SPGs and RPGs on every corner, otherwise I'd do the good old russian line advance. :biggrin:
    Pink Panther, Camel and ArkUTD like this.
  19. Offline

Donor

ArkUTD
    My AAR

My squad and I moved to the forest south of Airport, in preparation for a counter attack when the Russians pushed the front, this never came.

After about 50 mins, I moved my guys out, passing through north suburbs, passing the one defender there, mursun, while we pushed into the forest in B5.

Once we arrived, we found a full squad just sitting in the trees using local, so, we killed them, as we where doing so, a MTLB turned up and got RPG'd twice and killed, I and 3 of my guys got taken down, but me and the RPG where able to get up and began to fall back.

We got a report of an svd harassing squad 8, so we went looking, we found them as 8 was making them shoot and we killed them, not before some chicken run action happened between one of my guys and the sniper that was there too.

By this time, we had killed at least 11 people, and the teams where heavy stacked on the militia side.

We pushed into the town from the west ,going building to building, and we found the last RU squad stuck in a building, sorounded by us all, my guys tried to rush the building, but ended up dieing.

In the end, my squad did every well in my mind, and I'm glad I was part of this event. Heart pounding action all the way through, and I never realized how much background sounds are on Grozny.
    Pink Panther, Camel and Arnoldio like this.
  20. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería

University Dude
    -Camel-
    AAR from the 9ª Compañía (6th Squad, Russian side):

That definitely was the most hellish battle I have been in. These are some of the factors that I think made it a horror for us, Russians:
    • The 20 minutes deployment advantage to militia. I knew this would give them an advantage and make for interesting situations, with entrenched enemies, mines, ambushes, etc- But when I saw the bottle neck nature of the map, a cold sweat came down my spine. In that moment I knew we were in for some treat!
    • Rebels' Mortar Squad. Boy, kudos to those bastards. The limited initial space for maneuver, combined with their accurate fire, did have an impact on the team (no pun intended). First of all, there was not many places where a whole team could go without exposing itself to the fire from the city, and the mere sound of the shells approaching was quite terrifying. The slow trickling down of casualties from the mortar fire, together with our slow reaction time and the seeming difficulty to advance towards the city, had a toll on the army's morale and probably contributed on having us rush in a rather disorganize manner towards to South, hoping to find cover in the city.
    • Officer's radios were being jammed, or something. Once half the team got out of the forest and into the city, the communication and coordination between squads became sluggish. No enough markers were put on the map, resulting on limited intel about enemy whereabouts and our team's intentions.
    • That SPG techie. Moving around freely and spreading some sweet terror. It decimated half our squad, kept blasting us, pinning us down in a building that got consequently assaulted minutes afterwards.
    From our side, from the beginning, we tried to avoid the big clusters of infantry that the team was moving on, fearing the mortar fire. Once the army got hold of the industrial area West of the city, we decided to cross the river South and to follow the steps of the 3-man strong recon squad, in order to secure an access to the objectives from the South. Some sniper and machine gun fire got us on our edge (gotta love those one-life moments), but we manage to cover quite a lot of distance without casualties, securing a good position South of the objectives.

Fortified in an apartment building, a quick glance on the map confirmed that both squad 3 and squad 4, together with the APC elements were approaching the objectives from the West. It all looked right to initiate an approach from the South to flank the enemy and force them to divide their strong frontline. We left our building swiftly, crossed the river and, the next second, squad 3 was gone in a ball of fire. We rushed into another building, this time already on the enemy's side of the river. The next puff of smoke and screaming left nothing but debris where squad 4 and the APC were a moment before.

Result: we were isolated and cut from the team, South East of the enemy forces.

Our only hope: keep moving further North along the river, hoping to get closer to the Southern objective and wait for a final assault of the comrades West.

My big oversight: failing to understand that the closer to the objective, the more hell we will get. You know the rest: SPG techie big bad-boom-of-fire, pinned in a building, wiped by rebel scum jumping on us in a bold assault.

Our last thoughts were of home and vodka.

Please don't let our sacrifices be in vain. Send in the air force and bomb that damned city back to the stone age.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2017 at 18:47
    Mursunhammas, Chav, Terrry and 5 others like this.